IANADOAC reviews - Associated Press, The Post Millenial

Top of the pops BF, and how about your good self??? I’ve been on annual leave last week , and I’m not due to back in work until next Wednesday... I spoke with a colleague today and I could be off work for the next 12 weeks as I’m diabetic ..... high risk so not sure what to think really, but 12 4 kin weeks off, how have you been affected????

I've got to keep going to work and dealing with the general public.
I will have to risk catching it I suppose. I miss the freedoms it has taken away but at least we have the new Morrissey album at just the right time.

I've got to keep going to work and dealing with the general public.
I will have to risk catching it I suppose. I miss the freedoms it has taken away but at least we have the new Morrissey album at just the right time.
Just listened to the truth about Ruth... should go down well in tel- Aviv... sounds like a good album, I’ll be there at 9am ... any how keep your chin up and keep safe ... goodnight

“If I were you
I’d stick to your own canoe” :crazy::brows:

What the !!!!!!!!
There’s no way this bloke could have wrote those Smiths songs.

Just been catching up after a quick dash down to Birmingham, noted my stalker is still smashing its tiny brain cells in trying to get my attention :laughing: 4ck me it’s even admitted to taking on Benny’s style of writing now.:brows:
If I’m ever absent it’s because I’m busy doing serious shit, nothing at all to do with ”Stalker” claiming its silenced the airwaves. I realise I need to air caution when discussing “Stalker” because I fear it just might be a real deal “special” case person who just craves/needs attention. I say this because I note it never has anything original to say about Steve, nothing proactive just reactionary and gets really giddy when others respond.

Will that line above be the worst on the new album?
We’ll know tomorrow.

Stay safe friends and foe.

Benny ??:knife:

"Another standout is the album’s title track. “I Am not a Dog on a Chain” is a rollicking tune reminiscent of “Journalists who Lie”."

That's a back-handed compliment if ever there was one....

I am actually looking forward to listening to this. If it's his best original solo work since ROTT (as most of the reviews seem to indicate) I'd be happy with that.

I also liked California Son. The 3 times I have actually listened to it.

Trouble is I wont be rushing to buy it or isten to it as I have with most other Morrissey album since Kill Uncle. His words and actions over the past few years still leave a very bad taste in the mouth.

Fingers crossed Steve and Diesel made it home to their Swiss bolt hole or wherever it is they evade tax on the planet these day. We don’t need the likes of them abusing our fantastic NHS Doctors/Nurses in these testing times.

?? :knife:

"Another standout is the album’s title track. “I Am not a Dog on a Chain” is a rollicking tune reminiscent of “Journalists who Lie”."

I am actually looking forward to listening to this. If it's his best original solo work since ROTT (as most of the reviews seem to indicate) I'd be happy with that.

Trouble is I wont be rushing to buy it or isten to it as I have with most other Morrissey album since Kill Uncle. His words and actions over the past few years still leave a very bad taste in the mouth.

Your loss.

What exactly has he done that has left such a very bad taste in your mouth?

Your loss.

What exactly has he done that has left such a very bad taste in your mouth?

Clinging to their misinterpretation of his opinions - despite The Guardian & The Labour Party being engulfed by bigotry rows.

I expect they'll come round when the press likes Moz again & does their thinking for them.

Same here, Blue Bird. I'm going to buy it in the second week so I don't contribute to its first week sales and chart peak. My own little gesture however slight. Also, I'm not seeing him live again unless/until he stops supporting For Britain. But I think I will enjoy the album. Sounds like it might well be his best since Strangeways (or Vauxhall and I at least).

Once I saw the river Clean. Is Monumental!!!. It transport me to somewhere in the Nordic , Scottish scenery. And gives me so much peace during this troubling times my new favorite song ❤ well done Moz& Band. Bravo.
Interesting imagery....can you elaborate on that?

Having heard 6 of the studio versions so far I am really am enjoying how cohesive the album is sounding . The overall atmosphere and consistent instrumentation is more appealing than anything since Quarry ...4/5 so far ...River clean being my fav

AP: Music Review: Morrissey delivers his best music in years

By MARK KENNEDY

800.jpeg

This image released by BMG shows “I Am Not a Dog On a Chain” by Morrissey. (BMG via AP)

Morrissey, “I Am Not a Dog on a Chain” (BMG)

Few musical artists would urge listeners to just go ahead and kill themselves already on the very first track of a new album. Morrissey is clearly not your regular artist.
The former frontman for The Smiths flies his misanthropy flag high on “Jim Jim Falls,” but it’s such a good song that you’ll happily bop along as he sings, “If you’re gonna kill yourself/then, to save face — get on with it.”

The 11-track album “I Am Not a Dog on a Chain” easily contains some of Morrissey’s best music in years, a guide into his one-of-a-kind controversial head, but also an album filled with electric and adventurous tracks that often shake his morose stereotype. He was happy to stay in bed for 2017′s “Low in High School,” bit here he is vibrant — welcoming even.

“Congratulations — you have survived,” he sings on the lush and shimmering “Knockabout World.” He later even offers the hearty endorsement “you’re OK by me” on the song. From a noted misanthrope, this is huge.

On his last album of original songs, he famously told us to stop watching the news. This time his weird relationship with the media continues, with the proud boast that he doesn’t read newspapers (“they are trouble makers”) but he still asks if we’d all see the day’s headlines in “Love Is on Its Way Out.”

Morrissey’s animal rights stance is all over the new album, too. “Did you see the sad rich/hunting down, shooting down elephants and lions?” he sings on “Love Is On its Way Out.” On the title track he sings, “Maybe I’ll be skinned alive by Canada Goose because of my views.”

He inserts a sly reference to President Donald Trump and his vice president on the synth-laden “Once I Saw the River Clean,” singing about “45 pence.” Or maybe we’re reading into it. He even seems to mock himself with the line “I see no point in being nice” on the title track.

The first single — the terrific “Bobby, Don’t You Think They Know?” — is layered with drug references and has backing vocals by R&B pioneer Thelma Houston. The wacky “Darling, I Hug a Pillow” has a Mexican feel and “The Truth About Ruth” has the Spanish guitar.

Morrissey gets proggy and spacey with the almost-8 minute “The Secret of Music,” which is a tour of instruments, from “fat bassoon” to “angelic flute.” It’s terrific, hypnotically weird.

He ends the album with the wistful “My Hurling Days Are Done,” in which he sings with a child’s choir: “Oh time, oh time — no friend of mine.” We disagree: Morrissey’s music is aging nicely.
___
Mark Kennedy is at http://twitter.com/KennedyTwits

Clinging to their misinterpretation of his opinions - despite The Guardian & The Labour Party being engulfed by bigotry rows.

I expect they'll come round when the press likes Moz again & does their thinking for them.

There is no misinterpretation about wearing a f***ing For Britain badge on an American TV show. Or saying people ultimately prefer their own race. Or lying about newspaper interviews with German journalists.

I will concede there is possibility he has doen all this to provoke a reaction and to try to get his creative juices flowing again after the debacle of Low In High School. But theres no doubt about it - Steven is a very naughty reactionary manchild

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review
Back
Top Bottom