If you could resurrect any feature of the Old Solo - what would it be ?

If you could bring back any feature of the Old Solo - what would it be ?

• main page polls

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • guestbook

• all of the above

• something that pre-dates even 1, 2, and 3 above

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's not a money issue, it's that so far it seems there are just a few people who say they want it back. For prioritization, adding something back that rarely anyone used I would need to see that something has changed. And if voting for it anonymously, that's not a strong case as you would need to be logged in to use it.

I did as well!

That is very cheap for a whole year and the monthly cost is laughable. BG should set up a Paypal donation scheme and get the chatroom up again, on this site or elsewhere with the promise of at least a link to it on this website.

circa 1999 i was fairly new to solo, used to have a laugh in the chat-room, spoke to so many nice people - met a few of them too; not so sure it would work now though with so many aggressors on here, sad .....

It's not a money issue, it's that so far it seems there are just a few people who say they want it back. For prioritization, adding something back that rarely anyone used I would need to see that something has changed. And if voting for it anonymously, that's not a strong case as you would need to be logged in to use it.

I remember it like it was today how you claimed that the money was indeed an issue for taking the chatroom down. You claimed it did cost a lot but maybe you meant time and not money which is of course the same.

I do not agree that no one used it cause it was quite hectic in there for a while but months or more before you took it down people in there were talking about rumours that it would be taken down. I don't know if you mentioned it to someone or how the info leaked but that seemed to affect some people who stopped using it but since I know many of them I also know that many people chose a new direction in their lives and many others of course started to boycott this website for a number of reasons.

I don't think you have forgotten that.

Show me where I said I never used the chat room? I did. Back in 2004-2005. Never used it after then.

I know but I saw that as not being there at all almost. I think it is the same more or less cause clearly it wasn't your type of forum unlike with this forum. I think that time was the most crazy as things went out of control completely at times but it very much summed up Moz fans and was a very good representation of his miserable and quite misplaced fans. Moz would have been proud of the death and despair that was going on in there but that was before his music became a middleclass pastime.

I know but I saw that as not being there at all almost. I think it is the same more or less cause clearly it wasn't your type of forum unlike with this forum. I think that time was the most crazy as things went out of control completely at times but it very much summed up Moz fans and was a very good representation of his miserable and quite misplaced fans. Moz would have been proud of the death and despair that was going on in there but that was before his music became a middleclass pastime.

A haven for misfits, saddos, wankers, depressives, psychopaths, underachievers, closeted gays... right then.

A haven for misfits, saddos, wankers, depressives, psychopaths, underachievers, closeted gays... right then.

Exactly, people wearing their hearts on their sleeves. Very real people, more real than you would find anywhere these days. Those type of people you mention made Morrissey into what he is now but his crowd these days haven't got a pulse to share between them.

My idea of an underachiever is someone who claims to be an intellectual yet for a living works for a large lingerie company out in nowhere where mobwives go for a recreational visit and sometimes to hide.

My idea of an underachiever is someone who claims to be an intellectual yet for a living works for a large lingerie company out in nowhere where mobwives go for a recreational visit and sometimes to hide.

If they are only claiming to be an intellectual and aren't actually one, then they are not an underachiever. A true underachiever is someone who has a talent/gift but is not living up to their potential.

Last edited:
Exactly, people wearing their hearts on their sleeves. Very real people, more real than you would find anywhere these days. Those type of people you mention made Morrissey into what he is now but his crowd these days haven't got a pulse to share between them.

The early/original bloggers were like that as well.

If they are only claiming to be an intellectual and aren't actually one, then they are not an underachiever. A true underachiever is some one who has a talent/gift but is not living up to their potential.

Precisely, like an artist never getting recognised or calling oneself an artist anyway. You only become one when the public or media recognise you as such. I am totally talentless and never had any ambition in life and it's about now I realise how free that made me and how bitter it made all the others that had did have ambition and desperately tried to become someone or something.

I think that is the main reason for people around me being so miserable and also very hateful because it is pure frustration and I feel sorry for them bot not as sorry as they feel for themselves.

David, you must make your mind up if anonymous people count or do not count here. You defended anonymous posts at great length here when members wanted to ban anonymous posts yet you now claim that anonymous posts somehow do not count.

I think you should think these things over and come back when you have decided what you really think about that whole thing. There is no stopping anyone from creating a chatroom called "Morrissey Solo chatroom" and putting it up elsewhere online.

Anonymous posting is fine and can be moderated but it's a hassle when dealing with the abuse in the chatroom.

David, you must make your mind up if anonymous people count or do not count here. You defended anonymous posts at great length here when members wanted to ban anonymous posts yet you now claim that anonymous posts somehow do not count.

I think you should think these things over and come back when you have decided what you really think about that whole thing. There is no stopping anyone from creating a chatroom called "Morrissey Solo chatroom" and putting it up elsewhere online.

Anonymous posting is fine and can be moderated but it's a hassle when dealing with the abuse in the chatroom.

You can't have a chatroom where users are not registered. I thought that was just common sense. In fact, I sincelerely doubt this website would be able to handle a chatroom ever again. It can only be done if some fanatic like BG is given the ok to create one elsewhere and this website just providing a link to it but of course taking no responsibility for it.

Go ahead and create an external chat, link it here and see how successful it will be, if you think it's that simple.

You can't have a chatroom where users are not registered. I thought that was just common sense. In fact, I sincelerely doubt this website would be able to handle a chatroom ever again. It can only be done if some fanatic like BG is given the ok to create one elsewhere and this website just providing a link to it but of course taking no responsibility for it.

Create an offsite chat room. Post a thread in the Pigsty announcing it with a link to it. All those who post in the Pigsty will see it. And considering those who frequent the Pigsty will be the same people wanting to chat, it will be perfect.

Create an offsite chat room. Post a thread in the Pigsty announcing it with a link to it. All those who post in the Pigsty will see it. And considering those who frequent the Pigsty will be the same people wanting to chat, it will be perfect.

You came up with the solution!

And that way someone as distinguished as you will never ever have to visit it so it is perfect.

Go ahead and create an external chat, link it here and see how successful it will be, if you think it's that simple.

No one ever talked about it being successful, where was that even mentioned?

Not about that at all as you know full well some people miss a chatroom and just wanna be able to talk directly instead of using a forum that isn't as vibrant and full of life like the old chatroom was. A new chatroom would not be filled of people but the option would be there at least unlike now.

If you measure everything in terms of success then creating a chatroom in the name of ones idol and then getting hated by that very person will of course never be considered as success and I think you know that better than most.

Back
Top Bottom