Poll If you owned a record label, would you sign Morrissey in 2020?

If you owned a record label, would you sign Morrissey in 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If I owned a record label, I'd probably be a bit of c***, so yes.

Smarter to sign Dylan, he’s ready to croak any day now. You can make more money off of a dead entertainer.

If you only need 10,000 sales in the UK (or 30,000 worldwide) to break even, then yes. That's all he can sell these days since the radio station (and wider indie world) boycott that resulted from him urging everyone to vote for a far-right, pro-military 'protect the rich' political party.
If you need 30,000 UK sales and 100,000 worldwide (what he was selling pre-boycott), don't even think about it.

It depends on what he demands. He has publicly stated that he wants a large advance, so the label would be forced to back the album in order to make money.

It depends on what he demands. He has publicly stated that he wants a large advance, so the label would be forced to back the album in order to make money.

yeah it would depend on what he wants and what I would want

Signing Morrissey is signing up to get compared to Hitler on MCentral - all because you gently advised against releasing a limited edition wax cylinder of a hip hop remix of "Oh Phoney."

Signing Morrissey is signing up to get compared to Hitler on MCentral - all because you gently advised against releasing a limited edition wax cylinder of a hip hop remix of "Oh Phoney."
You are right to think that this website's drunk uncle could be bad for business and it's actually ranked way higher in Alexa than morrisseycentral.com and THAT place has the loser nephew and his shitty photoshop hack-ups.

Things are bad for Moz on the internet.. good thing it's a passing phase and we will be back to black and white analog TVs soon as our boring dystopia sets in.

in a heartbeat,wonder who the 3 no f***ing way were,i have my suspicions.

in a heartbeat,wonder who the 3 no f***ing way were,i have my suspicions.

'I have my suspicions, when the stars are in positions, all will be revealed' - Mercury Rev - The Dark Is Rising

Anyway, click/tap on the number alongside Votes to see which member voted for what.

'I have my suspicions, when the stars are in positions, all will be revealed' - Mercury Rev - The Dark Is Rising

Anyway, click/tap on the number alongside Votes to see which member voted for what.
usual suspects.

You are right to think that this website's drunk uncle could be bad for business and it's actually ranked way higher in Alexa than morrisseycentral.com and THAT place has the loser nephew and his shitty photoshop hack-ups.

Things are bad for Moz on the internet.. good thing it's a passing phase and we will be back to black and white analog TVs soon as our boring dystopia sets in.
Who gives a flying f..k about the internet? Morrissey can live in the real World and do just fine, does anybody really need antisocial media in their lives?

Which label in their right mind would invest tens of thousands of pounds (possibly more) in a singer who is on a kamikaze mission to sabotage his own career and who would almost inevitably fall out with said label and slag them off because every release didn't go straight in at No. 1 and stay there for ever? Never mind the fact that his last album sold abysmally by all accounts. I think you'd have to be some combination of very wealthy, a fanboi, and a glutton for punishment to want to go anywhere within a country mile of him, financially speaking.

Back
Top Bottom