I'm against The Smiths reunion because...

I against The Smiths reunion because

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
See, I would love to see The Smiths reunite simply for the reason that I would love the chance to see them perform (instead of just listening or watching on youtube) but it would have to be something that they were all happy with, and imo it would be good if they could play some of Morrissey's solo songs as well, for something different.

Do people care about bass players and drummers?

Yes - I do!

I happen to think they are equally important to the sound of a band.

I'll settle for nothing less than all 4 original members!

On a slightly related note re-reunions: I remember thinking it was a terrible idea when the Velvet Underground reformed in the early 90's. I was angry thinking they shouldn't do it. However I really bloody regret not going to see them now. I won't be making the same mistake when the Smiths reform.

I agree with expression: Smiths is dead.
Why would they want to reform it?
Only for getting some money.

I can't believe that this "reform gig" would be good.

I find all men unsexy and horrible! [whispers] I hear rumours that other men have hairy bottoms - is this true? lol

I think he would love to take the ring off - but his "better half" would beat him black and blue if she found out :squiffy: Are wimps sexy? lol

P.S. It would be like my Mum and Dad telling me they have decided to get back together and will start doing my laundry for one night only - it would be a lovely reminder of childhood.

Just wanted to let you know, I think your posts are hilarious :laughing: :thumb:

If it had been ten years or less maybe but not now.Way too late and the magic would have long faded.It would be sad to see.

I think The Smiths should never get back together... it would be quite a disgrace actually... Morrissey & Marr?, Yeah, Why not? Under a new name and not playing Smiths songs live... Honestly I would even prefer if Morrissey wouldn't make Smiths songs live... He's got an amazing collection of songs in his solo career... No need for all that nostalgia... And hey!! I love The Smiths and everytime I go to a Moz gig I sing along and enjoy those numbers... Anyway, I think it would be cooler if he would only play his own tunes...:blushing:

Reunions are pretty shit really. I don't buy all this sudden Blur love, it's just hype. I heard about half their gig on te radio last night and they sounded like shit, can't believe the pub band jibes Morrissey's band get when Parklife gets praised to the skies. Journalists just like something new to write about so they like reunions. Every reunion gets hailed as if it's the second coming and then is forgotten a couple of months later when the next one comes along.

You can bet The Smiths would sound like shit too. Four people that don't really get on and want to spend the least amount of time together won't spend much time rehearsing. After hearing them slaughter HSIN you'll be begging for Boz back!
That there. :thumb:

I don't want it because they don't want it, at least not all of them.

Does anybody really think Morrissey could write songs like he did about the Joyce effect (right up until Mama...) and then share a stage with him? Not gonna happen.

Would be cool to see Moz and Johnny on stage together once more, though. Still think Johnny should pop a few demos in the post for Morrissey's next album.

Re: Lmao

I've been one of the few Joyce supporters on this board and still say he is the best drummer Morrissey ever worked with..But Reni is in a class by himself...The grooves on Waterfall, Resurrection, Where Angles Play..Joyce couldn't touch them in terms of creativity..

Reni was a star and made thousands of kids dance on a nightly basis...Joyce was just the drummer for Morrissey and Marr.

Have to agree here........ My all time favourite drummer is Budgie, then Reni and then Mike Joyce.
Read any book on the Roses...... once Reni joined the band (ironically after Simon Wolstencroft who drummed on The Smiths first demo had departed for The Colourfield) the band went up a notch...... his drumming took the band to greater heights. Criminally under rated.

And Mani v Andy Rourke????? Very close call......one I wouldn't like to make.

Jukebox Jury

Do people care about bass players and drummers?

Funnily enough, my youngest daughter (15) plays the drums and my partner in Manchester Music Tours, Craig Gill, is drummer with Inspiral Carpets.

I went to the Saturday Apollo gig with Craig, and after a few minutes he was asking me about the drummer..... I said 'Are you watching Morrissey or the drummer?' He replied at any gig he always watches the drummer!

I took my daughter to see Billy Idol at the Apollo and Killers at the MEN Arena.... at the Apollo we were standing.... I asked her during the first song....'can you see'?
She said ''not Billy but I can see the drummer'.
At the Killers we had a great side stage view and she was raving because she had a great view of the drummer!

Jukebox Jury

Funnily enough, my youngest daughter (15) plays the drums and my partner in Manchester Music Tours, Craig Gill, is drummer with Inspiral Carpets.

I went to the Saturday Apollo gig with Craig, and after a few minutes he was asking me about the drummer..... I said 'Are you watching Morrissey or the drummer?' He replied at any gig he always watches the drummer!

I took my daughter to see Billy Idol at the Apollo and Killers at the MEN Arena.... at the Apollo we were standing.... I asked her during the first song....'can you see'?
She said ''not Billy but I can see the drummer'.
At the Killers we had a great side stage view and she was raving because she had a great view of the drummer!

Jukebox Jury
That's a really nice story JJ.
It just made me realise something that had never really occurred to me before. It must be amazing to see someone that, basically, you're responsible for bringing into life and raising (along with her mother of course!) have such a passion for something. I'm never going to have kids, but that must be quite a sublime feeling, to think that you made this person and all the things in them.
You shoud tell her that if she works really hard she could be Morrissey's drummer in time for his 60th birthday gig, at the Ritz! :thumb:

I don't know that I need or want a reunion, but a surprise on-stage appearance of Moz and Marr, together at last, would make my year. Even if it was a one-off. Just for one song. It would make me happy.

Other..I would like to see a reunion that isn't begrudging. So if they put aside everything and reformed, that would be great. But I don't see them resolving any differences.

I'm against The Smiths reunion because within minutes all the tickets would be up on ebay for thousands of pounds, to be snapped up by rich tossers who want to be there because it will impress their girlfriend/mates even though they think Morrissey's a bit of a miserable git, only really know How Soon Is Now and will talk through the rest of the set...

I'd prefer no Smiths reunion to a Smiths reunion I can't go to :(

I'm against The Smiths reunion because within minutes all the tickets would be up on ebay for thousands of pounds, to be snapped up by rich tossers who want to be there because it will impress their girlfriend/mates even though they think Morrissey's a bit of a miserable git, only really know How Soon Is Now and will talk through the rest of the set...

I'd prefer no Smiths reunion to a Smiths reunion I can't go to :(

I feel the same!

Back
Top Bottom