I'm lovin' Obama already

I am going to bypass the abortion issue. Regardless of all of the differing opinions, abortion is a controversial issue. If that controversial issue need be addressed that is fine. However there is no need to send tax dollars outside the country for this.

How could money earmarked for this be better spent?
Why not use it to sponsor programs within the United States for women that are in need for support after they have had abortions?
Why not use it to sponsor abortions within the United States?

There is no reason that more tax dollars need to leave the country. There are many funds that on the chopping block that the people of the United States benefit from and depend on. Instead of supporting our infrastructure we are transplanting tax dollars out of the United States to fund the abortions for another country.

You want help for women? Perhaps the women within the United States would like to have their tax dollars help the women within the United States.

I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that of the money allocated for aid overseas, the Bush administration limited it to those that did not provide abortion advice as one of the options available. Thus most of the money ended up in the hands of religious organisations. That is, it is not more money being spent now, but it is going to different aid organisations. :confused:

Also the amount of money, as a percentage of the nations' wealth, going to overseas aid, is very small.

Sure money should be spent on domestic need. It is, but never enough, and under Bush to the wrong people (tax breaks for the rich). I wonder how much overseas aid amounts to compared to the millions handed out with few strings attached to the reckless, greedy bankers whose unethical actions have brought suffering to millions across the world.

:mad:

Abortion advice AND provide or preform abortions.

Yahoo uses the word "perform"
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090123/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_abortion_ban

CNN uses the the word "provide referrals"
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/23/obama.abortion/

FOX News (Very right leaning) uses the word "promote" and "perform"
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/01/23/obama-lift-ban-overseas-abortion-funding/

NY Times (Very left leaning) uses the word "promote" and "perform"
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/24/us/politics/24obama.html?hp

And Obama cannot throw something like this on Bush. If anything this has been a political football dating back to Reagan. On an aside - I am not talking about Bush, Bush is no longer the President. Obama does not get a pass because of what the last guy did or did not do. Obama made the decision to allocate funding to these groups.

Obama will receive a pass on some policies for a time period concerning what Bush has left behind. However it is not an eternal pass. Eventually there needs to be a time where the American Public will have to say "Mr President you cannot put this on your predecessor you need to take accountability."

Last edited:
yeah, I agree that during this period of crisis, money shouldn't leave the US. But I'm knowledgeable about economy, so I don't really know the overall impact of this.

My comment was more towards the expression "promote abortions". The pro-lifers make it sound as if women love having abortions and when they're done with it they have abortion parties.

I honestly don't care about the women (obviously :p). They can do whatever they want to themselves. I don't judge.

But I'm more concerned with what the very human race becomes when laws treat human lives as inanimate object. What does that say about our society? The women and their choice need to get over themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Abortion advice AND provide or preform abortions.

I just glanced at the articles you posted and noticed that the term "promote abortions" is being used by the media and the pro-lifers. NOT Obama.

According to NY Times, Obama says that he wants to promote a safe way of doing it. Safe.

And then you go to the Fox News website and you see the guy from the National Right to Life Committee saying that Obama is "promoting abortions".

This is either twisting the words or all these people need to study the English language. What can I expect anyway? This is an English speaking country and in this time of war people can't even use the word troops correctly.

So yeah, they all used the word "promote" out of context.

I just glanced at the articles you posted and noticed that the term "promote abortions" is being used by the media and the pro-lifers. NOT Obama.

According to NY Times, Obama says that he wants to promote a safe way of doing it. Safe.

And then you go to the Fox News website and you see the guy from the National Right to Life Committee saying that Obama is "promoting abortions".

This is either twisting the words or all these people need to study the English language. What can I expect anyway? This is an English speaking country and in this time of war people can't even use the word troops correctly.

So yeah, they all used the word "promote" out of context.

But the word provide is a bit damning. The problem is that I do not care in either way (in this instance) what the stand on abortion is. To me, at least for my argument, I am bypassing that issue all together.

Funding should not be leaving the country in times of other economic cutbacks. For those that say it is not much I say - use that small bit of money to buy updated books for a school. I argued for the past four years to replace books that were printed in 1995 as they were seen as "good enough." Finally received them this year and I am sure that there are other that do not have a pain in the ass such as myself.

How about using some of that money to reopen the firehouses in Brooklyn that were shut down a few years ago?

Obama pandered to his party line in signing this order.

But the word provide is a bit damning.

I don't think so. The usage of the word was clear but people twist it anyway. I don't know if they're dumb or they just pretend they are. But hey, the president didn't speak English correctly, so why should the people?

Funding should not be leaving the country in times of other economic cutbacks.

yeah, I agree with that.

Tags
abortion on demand = :'( money worship obama = usa goddess
Back
Top Bottom