I'm Not A Man - Edit?

Vauxhall95

I Know It's Over...
Has anyone edited "Like a Man" to condense/remove the first minute or so?

If you have, could I trouble you for a link?

Many thanks,

Vaux

Re: Like a Man - Edit?

You know what? Although I like that first minute of I'm Not A Man I think that first minute of noise would be great leading into Mountjoy. It has the atmosphere of inside the belly of prison walls and the rumblings of guards going about their duties. Any sound guy or gal interested in doing so?

You know what? Although I like that first minute of I'm Not A Man I think that first minute of noise would be great leading into Mountjoy. It has the atmosphere of inside the belly of prison walls and the rumblings of guards going about their duties. Any sound guy or gal interested in doing so?

Not having the build up guts the intended impact of the song. It starts low and quite and builds to the massive crescendo of noise and screams at the end. I suppose it makes it more pop-ish but pretty much ruins the effect of the entire song as a whole. To each their own though.

I like it the way it is, honestly. Maybe I’m used to it?

As a song in itself, it kind of works to have the intro. I find listening to the complete album, that 90 seconds of quiet ruins the flow...

As for someone trying to cut it from '... Man' and attach it to the beginning of 'Mountjoy' instead... Erm...

Not having the build up guts the intended impact of the song. It starts low and quite and builds to the massive crescendo of noise and screams at the end. I suppose it makes it more pop-ish but pretty much ruins the effect of the entire song as a whole. To each their own though.

Agreed.

As a song in itself, it kind of works to have the intro. I find listening to the complete album, that 90 seconds of quiet ruins the flow...

As for someone trying to cut it from '... Man' and attach it to the beginning of 'Mountjoy' instead... Erm...

It's true, you know.

That's a great idea!

Initially I thought that Man, with it's long intro, would be better off being nearer the end of the album. It's a slow builder... That said, Oboe is a great closer (I have the deluxe saved as 2 separate albums (disc 1 and then the extras as disc 2). I prefer the 12 on their own, as an album.

Why is this song being referred to as "Like A Man"?

Thank you much.

I find the first minute of very ambient almost imperceptible sound somewhat superfluous. I think in its present form it would make a great album closer.
I like the song's outro. There's a certain amount of existential angst conveyed in the screams and imo it fits the song. Either way, I'm appreciative of the edit, and I will enjoy them both.

Back
Top Bottom