I'm throwing my arms around Paris

what ever you did to clean this up, you did a brilliant job. miles better than the other links on this thread (but, thanks for those too, other posters). very nice.
i've already listened to it too many times. thank you.

It's not complicated. Fire up the BBC online player. Fire up Audacity, then choose the Stereo Mix input option. Make the recording volume about 75%.
Start the online player about 30 seconds before the song starts in the show, click record in Audacity. When the song has finished, click stop.

Zoom in on the audio line and crop from start to finish. The adjust the amplitude, get rid of booms, clicks and hoots. Add a bit of fade out at the end so Ken Bruce's voice doesn't arrive from nowhere. And then export the whole lot as an MP3, adding Tags as you go.

And that's it. I may be being dim, because all exported Audacity MP3s are 128 bitrate, can anyone point out to me how to get a better bitrate? Ta.

Peter

Thank you kindly to all, much more enjoyable than I had perhaps anticipated but.....as others have said, it is very short isn't it? oh well.

This song is definately growing on me, I still don't consider it one of his best but it is good.

Love PTxx.

Back
Top Bottom