In need of tips on how to play "I've changed my plea to guilty" (Guitar)

georgejallen

Hi all,

I have recently become enamoured with "I've changed my plea to guilty" (particularly because of Morrissey's appearance on Jonathan Ross in the 90s).

After downloading the chords for guitar, I'm now trying to play it. I think I havr the timing OK, but it's a difficult song to translate because it is mainly played on the piano.

I'd appreciate some tips from anyone familiar with the song, or in fact anyone willing to give it a go. It is a beautiful tune.

George.

Guitar. The timing is somewhat difficult, and how are the chords played? For example. is there more emphasis on the lower notes every third strum?

Hi George, I presume you found the chords on ultimate-guitar.com? Anyway, it doesn't really matter. First of all, its played in 3/4'. I play it like this: In every 3/4 the first strum just the 2 lowest strings with the thumb, the next 2 the 3 (or 4) high strings strummed with the other fingers. Sounds perfect to me. Let me know if it works for you.

Thank you for responding with those tips, VivaHollandia, I'll try them ASAP and get back to you :)

I agree wholeheartedly :)

Tags
changed guilty guitar plea tips
Back
Top Bottom