In the light of all the fake set lists

carnal artist

quietly fanatical
Does anyone else think that it's time to disallow anon posters from the main (news etc) part of the site? This to discourage the people who are just purely lying.

The fake set lists are beginning to discredit the whole site. This used to be a place where we could come to be quietly fanatical and help each other out with information. (Such is the life of being a fan - the little details mean a lot.) Whoever it is who enjoys muddying the waters, spreading false stories, and just plain being banal are making this almost impossible now.

These forums are much improved by the banning of anon posts. It's almost civilized now.

Anon stories could still be allowed but simply emailed in (as they are now) for a credibility 'risk assessment' (ie a judgement made as to whether they may or may not be true/interesting.)

I guess all i'm really saying is that i want to be able to come to this site and, in communication with a group of like minds, find out what songs Moz played at the gigs that I can't get to.... and i don't want to trawl through seven tons of bullshit to do it.

agreed.
i come to this site for info and, as you say, to talk to like-minded people. if i wanted bs then i would trawl the internet.
dont mind when people have a laugh, but the lies are unbearable.
this new forum is proof that it can be done. so much more civilised!

The fake setlists are the trolls protesting this new forum format. That's when it started. I'm not here to name names but there are only two people i can think of doing it. Unfortunately these are the same individuals that ruined the last forum and they are doing it again. I honestly don't understand how they can go on living knowing they are so pathetic.

Removing anonymous posting is something I am carefully considering. I am still leaning against doing it because there is a moderation system in place. Some people want to post and for whatever reason do not want to create logins.

If you do not want to see anonymous postings, I suggest setting your comment threshold to 1, this will hide any scores 0 (most anonymous posts) or below.

Thanks, David. Point taken about browsing only scores 1 and above.

I suppose I want to have my cake and eat it though. It's really just the fake set lists that i've found irritating - otherwise, very often, there's some interesting stuff posted by genuine fan anonymous posters... (that just makes the untruthful posts all the more frustrating, I guess.)

Of course what I'm doing is having a knee jerk reaction to the set lists concerning the German festival dates. I was taken in by a couple of the fakes..

On the whole, it's probably better to have things running as free as possible. And, as you say, the moderation system should weed the rubbish out. (Although if no one with moderation access has been to a specific gig then the fake set lists can stand around for quite a long time.)

I just need to be less gullible I think! :o

The real email that was thought to be fake question

Now that there are anons queueing up to post and repost the email that has been banned from the main site.... the possibility/need of banning anonymous posting throughout the site rears it's head again? (If they persist could this signal the beginning of the end of the site? - I do hope this can be kept in check.) :o

Back
Top Bottom