Inside the radical, uncomfortable movement to reform white supremacists

Great read, thank you :guitar:
An excerpt from it I particularly liked was:
“While researchers had believed that some combination of class, gender, geography, intelligence, and age determined who was most likely to become a white supremacist, Kruglanski found that psychological signposts were better predictors of radicalization. He called these factors “the three Ns”—need, narrative, and network. It doesn’t matter if they are skinheads or jihadis; everyone who gets involved in hate movements has a deep urge to participate in a greater cause. Yet that cause, Kruglanski argued, needn’t be destructive. To successfully deradicalize a neo-Nazi, a new, constructive set of Ns—which might stem from education, a job, a partner—would have to replace the old, hateful ones.”

“While researchers had believed that some combination of class, gender, geography, intelligence, and age determined who was most likely to become a white supremacist, Kruglanski found that psychological signposts were better predictors of radicalization. He called these factors “the three Ns”—need, narrative, and network. It doesn’t matter if they are skinheads or jihadis; everyone who gets involved in hate movements has a deep urge to participate in a greater cause. Yet that cause, Kruglanski argued, needn’t be destructive. To successfully deradicalize a neo-Nazi, a new, constructive set of Ns—which might stem from education, a job, a partner—would have to replace the old, hateful ones.”
Still they all work and know more than you. Not treating them like kids might be a clue. People like you always come from the wrong end of things.
You think love is all it takes and that they are misguided, they see life and things in a more real and true way than you.
A higher power without religion.

They tried that with this bloke:

300.jpg

Praised in media for turning back on nazis but at the beach every summer he was heard saying things that told me he is still one of them. When I leaned forward and had a look at him with my shaved head his face went from happy to worried and he fooked off hime thinking I was nazi who would call his mates.
Tosser, but I like my nazi camp guard look it comes in handy.

Back
Top Bottom