Morrissey Central "INTERESTING DRAG" (July 17, 2021)

MORRISSEY CENTRAL

INTERESTING DRAG
July 17, 2021

IMG_0078_xvxhtq.jpg

Celebrating 100 years of HMV, "Bona Drag" is available this week at HMV stores,
Rough Trade outlets, or Amazon and HMV online. The double album is on teal coloured
vinyl, and features Suggs, Mary Margaret O'Hara, and Kirsty MacColl.
Art design is by Darren Evans, and project manager is Nigel Reeve.

Not sure how 'HMV exclusive' works with Amazon & Rough Trade.
It is available on the 24th if you turn up in person at HMV or to online order if you wait for unsold copies to be listed on HMV's site after the event.
It's not showing on Amazon yet & Rough Trade's site is busy with RSD so can't check that either.
FWD.

Related items:

Please help (sincerely), how will this release be different than the previous release? Thanks in advance for explaining. I live in the U.S., and there are no HMVs here.

Moz is fine for me, no matter what I choose, . I wish if you're in a couple you say it, if Moz has one, it might not be important to him or maybe they already talked about keeping the relationship under lock and key

Please help (sincerely), how will this release be different than the previous release? Thanks in advance for explaining. I live in the U.S., and there are no HMVs here.
There won't be any difference unless you have a strong opinion on whether coloured vinyl has any better or worse audio qualities on a decent sound system than black vinyl.
The labelling except for the HMV info strip will all be the same - exactly like their limited version of Vauxhall was.
The way it has been marketed after HMV announced it has skewed things - Morrissey isn't reissuing the album in the sense you can now just go buy a copy and it's freely available. It is more about HMV clearly having a mechanism to produce at least 2 Morrissey albums in small runs / small numbers for collectors. It is specifically for a named event and the uniqueness of that is what makes collectors want to own it - he (amongst many artists also getting unique vinyl) has ties to HMV and it's their centenary so it makes sense to them.
Vinyl collecting has been in resurgence and anything interesting like coloured vinyl sells.
Why people collect said - well, it's like asking why someone doesn't enjoy the same food as you.
People will collect absolutely anything and everything - if it seems nuts to one person, you can guarantee it makes complete sense to someone else.
Vinyl is no exception to this.
If you look currently at Morrissey vinyl, the lack of re-releases and deleted albums has driven the prices up. Ebay is bad, but even discogs aren't cheap now. So any time a product comes out like this, people who've not managed to get one in the past get keen to buy.
Central have confused matters today by mentioning Amazon & Rough Trade.
Whether it is available there too would just be odd given the HMV packaging and supposed limited quantities.
Nothing would surprise me any more though.
Regards,
FWD.

Humasexual is a perfect definition made by Moz is simply an individual of the human species with sexual desires, in general, regardless of genders and all that

There won't be any difference unless you have a strong opinion on whether coloured vinyl has any better or worse audio qualities on a decent sound system than black vinyl.
The labelling except for the HMV info strip will all be the same - exactly like their limited version of Vauxhall was.
The way it has been marketed after HMV announced it has skewed things - Morrissey isn't reissuing the album in the sense you can now just go buy a copy and it's freely available. It is more about HMV clearly having a mechanism to produce at least 2 Morrissey albums in small runs / small numbers for collectors. It is specifically for a named event and the uniqueness of that is what makes collectors want to own it - he (amongst many artists also getting unique vinyl) has ties to HMV and it's their centenary so it makes sense to them.
Vinyl collecting has been in resurgence and anything interesting like coloured vinyl sells.
Why people collect said - well, it's like asking why someone doesn't enjoy the same food as you.
People will collect absolutely anything and everything - if it seems nuts to one person, you can guarantee it makes complete sense to someone else.
If you look currently at Morrissey vinyl, the lack of re-releases and deleted albums has driven the prices up. Ebay is bad, but even discogs aren't cheap now. So any time a product comes out like this, people who've not managed to get one in the past get keen to buy.
Whether it is available there too would just be odd given the HMV packaging and supposed limited quantities.
Regards,
FWD.
I had a look at our stock yesterday , and it does seem like it is exactly the same , other than the hmv1921 obi strip ( which is more of a envelope design ) and of course the vinyl colour

Hugh, dont get all worked up. There is no Green BD for you, you are on the no sale list. 🪗
You could send your best friend Robocop, but 1- he doesnt have the quids, 2- he happens to be on the no sale list as well and 3-if you gave him the quids hed drink them before making his way to the store.:lbf:

Multiple :banned:lists for you, Hugh, hows that for a Flyover state of affairs?:lbf:

:hammer:
I have 'literally' no idea what this 'word salad' is meant to mean.

What list?

Do you mean 'The List Of The Lost'? Or The List of the disturbed, fan asylum' inmates on The Front Row of concerts?

Rather alarmingly you seem to be suggesting there's some possibility that I will attend a future performance by the Celebrity Nobody trading as 'Morrissey'.

If he turned up with his banjo and started howling outside on the front lawns, I'd call the noise pollution officers at Malvern Town Council.

I'm aware you have 'communication challenges ' but I do enjoy your gibberish so Carry On Monkey-Typewriting your 'thoughts' on to The Interwebs.

Kind regards

A-A-A

aka

BrummieBoy

Regards,
FWD.
THANKS FOR EXPLAINING!!!!

I had a look at our stock yesterday , and it does seem like it is exactly the same , other than the hmv1921 obi strip ( which is more of a envelope design ) and of course the vinyl colour
Do staff get first grab on decent stock?

just the 39.99 there then!
Starting to look a little like some of the HMV releases from last year - VU & Nico for example. 200 copies - allegedly, yet many turned up on the same cat number in European countries (mainly France)

Starting to look a little like some of the HMV releases from last year - VU & Nico for example. 200 copies - allegedly, yet many turned up on the same cat number in European countries (mainly France)
I dont any of our releases have been less than 500 . Moz is 750 , Numan is 500 , Sleaford mods is 500 .... most are 1000 plus i think

just the 39.99 there then!
Think a few secondary stores are planning on nabbing some from us at retail price to then sell on at a hiked price . Its only 1 per person but if people have the will to travel to other stores they could get multiple copies i suppose ... or multiple people to buy for them

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom