Ireland's shame

Thanks for posting this. All over the world the "reputation" of the Institution being put before the welfare of the people it is supposed to serve.
A workmate speaks of their village torn in two. Between those who refused to believe the accusations, and those who knew it was true. And all the suicides and wrecked lives.
The perpetrators were protected then, and many are still avoiding being properly brought to account.

another sad thing is that the catholic church is one of the richest organisations in the world yet its up to the taxpayers to right the catholic churches wrongs

another sad thing is that the catholic church is one of the richest organisations in the world yet its up to the taxpayers to right the catholic churches wrongs
Yes in the middle of the recession the Irish tax payer has to foot 90% of a 1.1 billion euro to the victims of abuse because of a deal that scumbag cowboy Bertie made with the Cathoilic Church back in 2002.
I have been back in Dublin now over a month.I cant get a job.I cant get job seeker's allowance because I am living with my parents and the people who are getting allowance will have it cut in half in the next month to pay for this bill.This country is an absolute joke in every way!

What a heart breaking video.

There's no greater "sin" than when people in a position of power, meant to do good, abuse their position and bring greater harm and suffering to those they are supposed to protect. And then they preach about sin and stand in self-righteous judgement of others? Hypocrits and bullies!

Yeah, I know that not ever priest is/was a molestor or abuser, but those that saw what was happening (across the globe - in every country) and did nothing are just as guilty.

I never trust any large organization. Money and power always corrupt.

Sorry. End of rant :o

Back
Top Bottom