Irvine, CA - Bren Events Center (Nov. 4, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / All You Need Is Me / Speedway / Istanbul / Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice / Because Of My Poor Education / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / One Of Our Own / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / The Bullfighter Dies / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / All The Lazy Dykes / What She Said / Ganglord / Meat Is Murder / Jack The Ripper / Good Looking Man About Town / Oboe Concerto // Judy Is A Punk

setlist provided by setlist.fm.

Last edited:
Well I don't see how singing old songs is gonna be more relevant. You might not like the musical direction but the subjects in songs like ganglord seem pretty modern and about modern life. Better or not hes for sure more relevant with these songs than a greatest hits set would be

Not only relevant now in 2016, but almost foreseeing in 2006, round the time of Ringleader, from which the song was composed, when he was the only white pop/rock artist who made that statement apart from many black hip/hop and rap artists.
Cheers

I have been to hundreds concert in my life and this is by far the worst concert I've ever seen!! Morrisey is extremely talented and has a ton of really good songs that his fans would love to hear.
So he opens with Suedehead and you think this is going to be great, then he proceeds to play one obscure song after another. All to get his political views across to everyone. Not to mention we had to endure the extremely graphic videos of animal and police brutality. What a selfish bastard, we pay are hard earned money to be entertained and he comes out on stage like he's running for office and puts all his fans through that shit!!!

Not to mention the 30 minute video prior to him coming out on stage was just a bunch of bullshit. He was probably backstage laughing while we had to put up with that ridiculous crap.

This is coming from a big fan of The Smiths and Morrisey. If you haven't bought tickets to this concert yet save your money as even the biggest fans will be disappointed with this debacle!

It truly seemed like Morrisey was just trying to purposely trying to put on the worst show he possibly could. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!!

Complete waste of time and money, Morrisey you should be ashamed of yourself. You are a severely depressed human being who just wants to bring everyone else down with you.

You could have just as easily played 15 to 20 of you great songs and made everyone happy but you would rather play videos of animal cruelty and police brutality instead. I was at this concert with my buddy who is an LAPD officer who's risks his life daily to keep murderers off the streets of LA and make our streets safer to walk down. He was so offended by your video that he walked out of the concert during that video. I hope you read these comments Morrisey, so you can realize how offensive your political agenda is.

You should keep politics and entertainment separate, your fans want to hear your music period!

I'll never listen to one of your songs again! You should refund everyone's money because you ripped us all off!

I guess that somes up the worst concert of my life.
I don't think you are as big of a fan as you think you are. Playing videos of animal cruelty and police brutality shocking to you? At a Morrissey show? Move on. LOL

I don't think you are as big of a fan as you think you are. Playing videos of animal cruelty and police brutality shocking to you? At a Morrissey show? Move on. LOL

This is the problem of the sword with two sharp sides.
I agree with Moz shock tactics. And it works for a lot of people.
But for others it doesn't.
I would call that: In Denial.

This is the problem of the sword with two sharp sides.
I agree with Moz shock tactics. And it works for a lot of people.
But for others it doesn't.
I would call that: In Denial.
My point was they claimed they were a such a big fan of the Smiths and Morrissey, yet they were shocked that he played these videos in the background during these songs. They knew enough to come here and whine, but have they not come here in the past 5 years and maybe read that he tends to play these videos during these songs? Big fan.

Not only relevant now in 2016, but almost foreseeing in 2006, round the time of Ringleader, from which the song was composed, when he was the only white pop/rock artist who made that statement apart from many black hip/hop and rap artists.
Cheers

Well I'd name a bunch of punk related bands to that category but it's still more relevant than singing margorate on the guillontine or songs about feelings he probably no longer has such as being lonely for love

Say no more, Suedehead is your favorite song, let me guess HSIN and or EDILS come close second?

Do you know his influences? What did you think he was going to play? More importantly why did you think he would play those particular songs? Because you and your friends were in attendance?

If you've seen Morrissey several times, do you not know that he was playing Meat is Murder? I've gotten to loathe the song but I can expect it - and now I just want to see the stage antics. FYI - he's played it 25 times this tour, 115 of 119 shows on the last tour as well.

I remember seeing Fugazi and people yelling out the names of Minor Threat songs, Ian yelled back, "Minor Threat was 15 years ago." Same with Morrissey - he is playing music that doesn't get any airplay anywhere else. Be grateful that you were exposed to new music, music chosen by the artist who created it, not by a marketing person trying to sell air space.

The saving grace to all your misery was enjoying the show without hearing you guys trying to sing along. So, for that, thank you.
:bow:

This was my first time to a Moz show, being a lifelong fan. The set list was dissapointing. Especially after seeing the set list for the show in Santa Barbara the very next day. I love most of everything he's ever recorded, but the set list for the Irvine show was baffling .
setlist "baffling"? No. It wasn't.

setlist "baffling"? No. It wasn't.
I've had time to think about it. Maybe Moz had enough faith on the audience to not just play the "hits" , but a live performance is a fragile thing and sometimes it just doesn't click . All that said , He looked great and his voice was as good as it's ever been. I will always be a fan and will go see him when he comes through again . He got me through some tough times with his songs and I will always be grateful .

I reckon Uncle Steve and lil' Sammy can go out on stage anywhere in California and play catch with their Dodger caps on while Boz eats Jalapeno Cream Cheese Poppers from Costco (his favorite) for 50 minutes and it would still be a sell out. Morrissey is a God in California.

I'm a 'big fan' and eagerly awaited the Hong Kong concert, which I attended with my teenage children, both also 'big fans' as a result of their father's influence. So in the run up to the concert, I looked at the previous set lists and realized the were some songs in there that I wasn't so familiar with (I had yet to buy World Peace). So I went out and bought World Peace, dug up a few of his more recent albums that I hadn't listened to for a while, and we all brushed up in the car on the way to school for weeks before the concert. Needless to say, we knew all the songs, had a great time (and all managed to have our moment holding the great man's hand in the front row). Not rocket science for anyone who is a 'big fan'.

Dear Moz Superfan,

Please forgive us for not being as devoted as you are. I've only purchased and listened to every damn album Morrissey has put out since I discovered him in 1992--when I was 14 years old.

This show was f***ing terrible.

Mark
Wow try 1987 for me buddy, thats why Morrissey hates this site cuz "all you can do is complain about me, you bang your head against the wall and say you're sick of it all yet you remain cause all you need is me!":lbf::lbf:

I recently attended a Morrissey concert in California. His voice still sounds so amazing and pure (I was a fan of the Smiths in the 80's.) I so appreciated his passion for his beliefs. My very big disappointment however was the way he delivered his message. So filled with hate and irreverence. Our world has so much of that and he was stirring it up to a very impressionable audience. My prayer for Morrissey is that he can be filled with love and compassion for those things he doesn't believe in and share civility not unrest with that beautiful voice.

^ forgive me for posting the above review in the wrong thread. It was meant for the Santa Barbara Bowl show thread. Can a moderator please delete or move it there and delete this post? I don't believe I can do that as an anonymous poster. Again, sorry about that.

^
Make that both of the above review posts.:(
I've posted two reviews for Santa Barbara here in the Irvine thread. :crazy:
Sorry for the headache, moderators.
It's been a long night.

This is the 33rd time I have seen Morrissey and I must say with utter sadness that this is by far the worst show I have ever seen. I honestly feel ripped off by what I saw and heard. The set list was atrocious. My 11 year old son was with me and I felt so ashamed he had to sit through this setlist. I had hope that Morrissey's offerings would improve however I was greatly mistaken. Seriously, "Judy is a Punk" as the encore. What kind of rubbish is that? We sat for over 3/4 of the show. Truly disappointed. Truly, truly, truly.

I am curious, were you sitting in the ADA section?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom