Irvine, CA - Bren Events Center (Nov. 4, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / All You Need Is Me / Speedway / Istanbul / Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice / Because Of My Poor Education / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / One Of Our Own / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / The Bullfighter Dies / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / All The Lazy Dykes / What She Said / Ganglord / Meat Is Murder / Jack The Ripper / Good Looking Man About Town / Oboe Concerto // Judy Is A Punk

setlist provided by setlist.fm.

Last edited:
AGREE 100% I don't even know why I bother.... it's been the same songs/set for years . Next time, I'll stick to Johnny Matt

This is the 33rd time I have seen Morrissey and I must say with utter sadness that this is by far the worst show I have ever seen. I honestly feel ripped off by what I saw and heard. The set list was atrocious. My 11 year old son was with me and I felt so ashamed he had to sit through this setlist. I had hope that Morrissey's offerings would improve however I was greatly mistaken. Seriously, "Judy is a Punk" as the encore. What kind of rubbish is that? We sat for over 3/4 of the show. Truly disappointed. Truly, truly, truly.

Does any one know the poem that was iterated in the pre-show ? The only thing I remember about it is it said
"my hope die in slow will not adore my hopes lying quite will not carry your name to a abdomen shore." Please help, I'm looking everywhere ,I can't find it .

Cool concert ,but the encore was kinda weak. The audience were generally nice people ,yet everyone cut everyone in line . Morrissey went semi political nodding off to the election .

1000% AGREE WITH YOUR REVIEW!!! AWFUL SETLIST...DEAD CROWD!!! ENCORE: WAS A CRASHING BORE!!!!

I was so excited to see Morrissey. Boy do I feel dumb because I HATED it tonight. I wanted to hear the songs we all remember and put j on the map. Tonight I dont know what the hell that was. We actually ended up leaving because we were so over his political view narcissistic attitude. Geez thank you for disappointing fans. Why else do you think the crowd wasn't into it. The beer line had more action. I understand he has views and opinions but I wasn't paying to have his shoved down my throat. Lastly buy a watch and respect your fans by being ON TIME.
So glad I didn't waste my money for floor level

I was so excited to see Morrissey. Boy do I feel dumb because I HATED it tonight. I wanted to hear the songs we all remember and put j on the map. Tonight I dont know what the hell that was. We actually ended up leaving because we were so over his political view narcissistic attitude. Geez thank you for disappointing fans. Why else do you think the crowd wasn't into it. The beer line had more action. I understand he has views and opinions but I wasn't paying to have his shoved down my throat. Lastly buy a watch and respect your fans by being ON TIME.

If you went to a Morrissey gig expecting to hear a greatest hits set, then you were always going to be disappointed.

What exactly is political about Suedehead, Oboe Concerto, Jack The Ripper, Good Looking Man About Town, Because Of My Poor Education, Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice, What She Said, All The Lazy Dykes, Speedway etc.? Enough to choose.

The audience did not seem to know that he's made more records since Your Arsenal. One of the worst crowds I've experienced watching Moz. Most people were sitting for the entire show waiting to hear Everyday is like Sunday. Glad for Morrissey that he sold out the show - but sucks that the crowd hasn't kept up with his catalog of music.
Yeah sounds like mostly casual "FANS" complaining.

anyone with any sense when going to see an artist whos been on a long tour would at least look at whats been played so far.iv been to at least two Morrissey shows where iv left disappointed but its as much the crowds fault as it is morrisseys.

You just made my point - don't you people follow the setlist from previous shows? Seriously, he has other albums - some may not seem great because he doesn't receive any airplay so you haven't heard them a million times.

People didn't even seem to care for "Crashing Bores" and that song has been played frequently since 2002 - here's a hint - it's on the same album with Irish Blood English Heart.

What songs did you expect to hear? Chances are he hasn't played those songs in years.

did he skimp on a support band again and show that awful video montage? Seriously, how does he think young talent gets a start? It wouldn't hurt him to give a young band a moment in the spotlight

Did he mention the 'Great one's ' new book called Set the Boy Free ? :guitar:
Available now in all good bookshops and online :ahhh:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

The world boredom tour does exactly what it says on the tin ! :thumb:
In future I suggest the crowd get together and sing back to him (how about this)

" Sing us to sleep ! Sing us to sleep ! We're tired ! You've bored us, we want to go to bed " :guitar:

Oh well it's over now even if never really began :laughing:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

I know I'm missing one or two. Here, in no particular order are the ones I recall. Someone fill in the blanks.

Suedehead
All You Need Is Me
Speedway
Because of My Poor Education
World Peace Is None Of Your Business
Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice
Kiss Me A Lot
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
All The Lazy Dykes
What She Said (w/Rubber Ring outro)
The Bullfighter Dies
The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores
Meat Is Murder
I Will See You In Far Off Places
Oboe Concerto
Ganglord
Good Looking Man About Town
One Of Our Own
Jack The Ripper

Colin N.

I know I'm missing one or two. Here, in no particular order are the ones I recall. Someone please kindly fill in the blanks:

Suedehead
All You Need Is Me
Speedway
Because of My Poor Education
World Peace Is None Of Your Business
Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice
Kiss Me A Lot
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
All The Lazy Dykes
What She Said (w/Rubber Ring outro)
The Bullfighter Dies
The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores
Meat Is Murder
I Will See You In Far Off Places
Oboe Concerto
Ganglord
Good Looking Man About Town
One Of Our Own
Jack The Ripper

Moz does not look enthused in that first video that was posted.

Can someone give more details on the crowd? Bored? Didn't know the songs? Drunk? I feel bad for all involved.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom