Irvine, CA - Bren Events Center (Nov. 9, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / Speedway / Ganglord / Jack The Ripper / Alma Matters / How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / One Of Our Own / The Bullfighter Dies / Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice / First Of The Gang To Die / Meat Is Murder / Because Of My Poor Education / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Suedehead / What She Said // Judy Is A Punk

setlist provided by an anonymous person.

• Posted by an anonymous person: Backdrop with Edna St. Vincent Millay

39357_irvine_nov9.jpg
  • TTY: Morrissey's Shirt ... - Irvine (Nov. 9) photo by SER - Nov. 13, 2016

Last edited:
Can someone elaborate on his US election comments? Really interested to hear what Moz had to say on this one.

"Today is the first day of the rest of your nightmares", "If it is any consolation to you and it won't be, but statistically only 20% of Americans voted for you know who. And, don't be too hard on America, America doesn't actually actually like him or want him, no, no, no, but here he is.. What the hell are you gonna do? What the hell are you gonna do? Whatcha gonna do?" "It's 911 in more ways than one", "Well, if you remove humans from the Earth the planet thrives, if you remove animals from the Earth the planet dies"
LUFF YOU I LUFF YOU

where the hell did he get that statistic from?!

Well, almost half of American's didn't vote at all, and Trump got about 50% of the votes of the people that did - so I guess it's closer to something like 25% of the population actually voted for him.

I reckon one of the worst. I reckon any CA Morrissey fan would of known that Santa Barbara would of been the best with "Irvine" being rugbish. I reckon horrible venue with horrible sound. I reckon The Morrissey Marketing Group ltd should of just booked the Santa Barbara Bowl for 3 straight shows. I reckon we need a break. Steve really has over saturated the LA market and stop going to the Orange Julius at the Glendale Galleria with lil' Sammy for non dairy Orange Julius's. You just look like a middle aged man from the Valley with his nephew. The mystical aspect is completely gone. I reckon give us at least a year and no LA New Years Eve show this year. Sunset Marquis is having a nice New Years Eve party. You and Nancy can go to that. Why wasn't lil' Sammy filming Santa Barbara instead of Er Vine? I have noticed less Mexicans at all 3 shows and the Gangmember Mexican with the shaved head, gigantic white T-shirt and man bra underneath the T-shirt supporting their man boobs are all completely gone.

Last edited:
Just noticed this. Very sweet of him
Yes very sweet . When he does that kind of stuff makes me forget his less charming traits. Lol
The concert was much better than the first Irvine show. The venue is terrible and the crowd werent great . When we moved to left of stage things improved in terms of fans. Speaking of fans that Morrissey look alike was there again ( with the Sing Your Life Sundays chick ) , he seemed to be walking around trying not to be noticed . lol .
Morrissey's voice is magnificent. I liked the choice of set list . Not quite as good as SB but not far off . Morrissey seemed in great spirits .

7 to 8 out 10

If anyone has a video clip of Moz's dedication to Jennifer (before One Of Our Own), please let me know. I'd love to share it with her family and friends.

Thanks.

I loved it, I had not seen Morrisey in 4 years and I was really happy with the concert. Only bad thing? Parking and unhappy crowd. I dont know why, but I've noticed fans weren't cooperative. The crowd only got excited when Everyday and Suedehead came in. Gems like First of the Gang and What She Said didn't get much love, which was painful. It seemed people were dissapointed that he didn't play There is a Light or any The Smiths songs :/
Which First of the gang did he play though? Was it the almost acoustic version, I prefer the up tempo original. What she said, not the best Smiths song really, I even think Everyday is like Sunday is being played without the energy it needs. Suppose its age, couldn't imagine doing what Morrissey does at near 60 years of age, so we should be grateful

I reckon one of the worst. I reckon any CA Morrissey fan would of known that Santa Barbara would of been the best with "Irvine" being rugbish. I reckon horrible venue with horrible sound. I reckon The Morrissey Marketing Group ltd should of just booked the Santa Barbara Bowl for 3 straight shows. I reckon we need a break. Steve really has over saturated the LA market and stop going to the Orange Julius at the Glendale Galleria with lil' Sammy for non dairy Orange Julius's. You just look like a middle aged man from the Valley with his nephew. The mystical aspect is completely gone. I reckon give us at least a year and no LA New Years Eve show this year. Sunset Marquis is having a nice New Years Eve party. You and Nancy can go to that. Why wasn't lil' Sammy filming Santa Barbara instead of Er Vine? I have noticed less Mexicans at all 3 shows and the Gangmember Mexican with the shaved head, gigantic white T-shirt and man bra underneath the T-shirt supporting their man boobs are all completely gone.

I reckon you are retarded.

Well, almost half of American's didn't vote at all, and Trump got about 50% of the votes of the people that did - so I guess it's closer to something like 25% of the population actually voted for him.

Total Trump Votes = 59,535,522

US Population as of October 15 = 324,981,145

% of population = 18.3%

Last night, Morrissey dedicated “One of Our Own” to a Jennifer. Jennifer is my best friend. We met through a mutual love of Moz over a decade ago and she was diagnosed with colon cancer last year. Her kind husband arranged a meet & greet for us with Moz before his Friday show at the Bren Events Center. I missed the meet & greet sadly, but she didn’t and he was especially sweet to her. He was with her until he had to get ready to go onstage and they took plenty of pics and he signed everything she had.
photo.php

She only made it through half the show until she had to be wheeled out. Come Sunday she was admitted to the ICU at Cedars. She passed Tuesday night and it broke all of our hearts. Last night another friend – who knows Jennifer’s story – immediately knew who Moz was talking about before he launched into “One of Our Own,” so she started recording as fast as she could. She unfortunately didn’t get all of what Moz said before the dedication, so if anyone has video or audio of that moment that you could share with me, I’d be forever grateful!

Attachments

• 14705776_10154164072309053_8830323487883019291_n.jpg
    14705776_10154164072309053_8830323487883019291_n.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 0
Moz dedicated "One of Our Own" to Jennifer.
Jennifer is one of my best friends who passed away on Tuesday. Her husband set up a meet and greet for us to meet Moz before his show on Friday. I missed it, sadly, but Jennifer was there and he was super kind to her and spent all his time with her until he had to get ready to go onstage. If you or anyone has audio/video of him talking about her before he dedicated "One of Our Own" to her, please let me know. Her friends and family would love to have a copy.

Back
Top Bottom