Irvine, CA - Bren Events Center (Nov. 9, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / Speedway / Ganglord / Jack The Ripper / Alma Matters / How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / One Of Our Own / The Bullfighter Dies / Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice / First Of The Gang To Die / Meat Is Murder / Because Of My Poor Education / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Suedehead / What She Said // Judy Is A Punk

setlist provided by an anonymous person.

• Posted by an anonymous person: Backdrop with Edna St. Vincent Millay

39357_irvine_nov9.jpg
  • TTY: Morrissey's Shirt ... - Irvine (Nov. 9) photo by SER - Nov. 13, 2016

Last edited:
Maybe if the media wasn't lying and saying Hillary is destroying Trump in the polls and that he only has a 1% chance of winning, more people would've voted.

That's very possible but I don't think they were lying I think they were just wrong. Most media organizations endorsed Hillary and I don't think they wanted to surprise her voters or make the, less enthusiastic. There's been a lot of talk about polling methods accuracy before this election and how technology has been skewing polls more and more. Also a lot of polls discounted new voters and people who didn't vote in the last election which is a hard demographic to reach. Personally I think voting a responsibility and don't think it wise to rely on polls to be right all the time. Much of that same media as printed ,any articles about past polls being wrong and why people shouldn't trust them one hundred percent. The idea that you think the media was lying is somewhat telling though. As if it was there plan and that they were motivated by some sort of secret agenda. What's more amusing, in a bitter sad sorta way, is going to be watching all the right wing working class populists watch him break many of his promises. He's loading his transition team with lobbyists right now even though he claimed he was gonna take Washington back from the special interest groups. His cabinets gonna be filled with CEOs and bankers

Morrissey should be pleased so many people didn't vote. It's what he's been asking us to do on his latest album, so it's heartening to see so many follow his advice.
They weren't following his advice. They just did what they've always done. Half get out and the other half don't.

I think morrissey just registering disgust with the electoral process and voters part in it. If he didn't want people to vote or just thought voting was pointless I think he would have just said that and made it less complicated

Wasn't the alleged quote "statistically only 20% of Americans voted for you know who"? Americans, not "Americans eligible to vote." If you're going to be pedantic, at least get the pedantry right.

Oh, I did. If "statistically only 20% of Americans voted... " is the statement we're looking at in conjunction with the reply I made about "Americans eligible to vote," it doesn't make sense to include non-voters in the group of total Americans (which it seems you are) since the action of the Americans we're concerned with is voting.

Logic is fun.

Yes. That's the one line in that song I have a problem with. You're part of the process whether you like it or not. You may as well have some input while you can.

my ART is my input, I refuse to empower anyone who does NOT and can NEVER speak for me. Let the poor little fools play the game, COUNT ME OUT.

peace, kS. :)

I don't think the white house has enough rooms for that many presidents.

in a ideal world there would be no need for politics or a president, in a ideal world there would also be a better way for society to work for every one, what is that? I don't know. But go through history and look at what's going on today, do these systems really work to bring people closer to a fuller and happier life? yes and no, mostly no.

my ART is my input, I refuse to empower anyone who does NOT and can NEVER speak for me. Let the poor little fools play the game, COUNT ME OUT.

peace, kS. :)

But he didn't sing: don't vote. He sang each time you do vote, you support the process.

Meaning politicians, making all kind of promises, seducing you to vote, saying things to get you to vote for them, which will give them power, money, status, etcetera.

They're the same as a company trying to sell you a product for money. In this instance a future service by representing you.
With your vote they have a mandate to do things, supposedly what they promised you but not really worried for being held responsible. Until the next election.

Suppose you are dissapointed and you vote for another party or politician. And the whole circus starts again. And you are again dissapointed and dissatisfied.
In the meantime, nothing has changed.
The rich must profit and get richer
And the poor must stay poor.

Mind you: I make my own decisions and as I have a legal right to vote, I will vote. I'll will have to deal with the fact chances are great to be dissapointed. But in a democracy there have to be made compromises. If you can't accept that, don't vote.

Start your own party, as democratic or undemocratic as you want it to be and throw your ideas at the voters, you may have a chance to get enough votes from people, who don't know anymore, securing you a nice income when you are elected.
Oh I'm so cynical, but not as much as the politicians! :ha-no:

Last edited:
But he didn't sing: don't vote. He sang each time you do vote, you support the process.

Meaning politicians, making all kind of promises, seducing you to vote, saying things to get you to vote for them, which will give them power, money, status, etcetera.

They're the same as a company trying to sell you a product for money. In this instance a future service by representing you.
With your vote they have a mandate to do things, supposedly what they promised you but not really worried for being held responsible. Until the next election.

Suppose you are dissapointed and you vote for another party or politician. And the whole circus starts again. And you are again dissapointed and dissatisfied.
In the meantime, nothing has changed.
The rich must profit and get richer
And the poor must stay poor.

Mind you: I make my own decisions and as I have a legal right to vote, I will vote. I'll will have to deal with the fact chances are great to be dissapointed. But in a democracy there have to be made compromises. If you can't accept that, don't vote.

Start your own party, as democratic or undemocratic as you want it to be and throw your ideas at the voters, you may have a chance to get enough votes from people, who don't now anymore, securing you a nice income when you are elected.
Oh I'm so cynical, but not as much as the politicians! :ha-no:

'But he didn't sing: don't vote. He sang each time you do vote, you support the process.

Meaning politicians, making all kind of promises, seducing you to vote, saying things to get you to vote for them, which will give them power, money, status, etcetera.'

I don't think that's what he meant as the 'process'. I took 'process' as meaning the whole illusion or belief in the illusion that the world can be improved through politics.

Will not voting change anything? probably not. If everyone did not vote, then yes (now that would be real change, revolutionary!). I just find it more fulfilling and worthwhile to contribute through the everyday choices I make and the way I view and live my life.

'In this instance a future service by representing you.'

So, yes, when there is someone that represents me, I then would support that person. It has yet to happen, is it even possible?

'politician. And the whole circus starts again. And you are again dissapointed and dissatisfied.
In the meantime, nothing has changed.'

nothing will ever change if people continue to believe that the 'whole circus' the process is the thing that is going to change it for them. It never has and seems it never will.

'But in a democracy there have to be made compromises. If you can't accept that, don't vote.'

So be it.

in a ideal world there would be no need for politics or a president, in a ideal world there would also be a better way for society to work for every one, what is that? I don't know. But go through history and look at what's going on today, do these systems really work to bring people closer to a fuller and happier life? yes and no, mostly no.
Yeah that American electoral college system is ridiculous. A situation where the person who gets the most votes doesn't become the winner? Ridiculous.

Yeah that American electoral college system is ridiculous. A situation where the person who gets the most votes doesn't become the winner? Ridiculous.

Yeah it can be frustrating but it's also designed so areas and the people that occupy them can't be ignored totally. It's got it's pluses and to an extent tries to force people to come together as much as it can. Our country's very polarized right now so it's stretching it at the moment

What do you guys love most about Morrissey?
Its so interesting to hear other peoples stories!

I think what I love about him the most is when he says or does things that are shocking I think to myself "did he just say that?" and I think it's funny. I don't think that way about othet people.

I almost met him once but got too nervous. Couldn't do it. Kick myself now.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom