Irvine, CA - Five Point Amphitheater (Oct. 5, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get / Hairdresser On Fire / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Lady Willpower / I Wish You Lonely / Home Is A Question Mark / Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / How Soon Is Now? / Back On The Chain Gang / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / The Bullfighter Dies / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper // Everyday Is Like Sunday

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm

Last edited:
I’m in CA for these three shows. Irvine was packed to the gills. It was quite impressive to look back and see. I thought the crowd down front was pretty energetic and far more responsive to Interpol than the crowds at my last show in Forest Hills. This and San Fran were basically the same as FH with a few changes. I liked last night for the CS songs grouped together. Still really psyched with this playlist generally and M is still sounding so dang good. Some Say I Got Devil is still the stuff of goosebumps.

It seems like he is growing his hair on the back. Change of look perhaps? Perhaps he is trying to look more 70s according to his political views of a Britain-Like-It-Was-Before.

FULL SET:

thanks, really appreciate it. when he comes over to this side of the stage, he sometimes stares straight at the camera. kind of intimidating. probably he noticed that it was running non-stop throughout the concert.

man, this is so beautiful, if not for this full-time arsehole in the audience yellin "speedway" whenever the music is quieting down a bit. plus, some folks laughing about that running "gag", as it seems. so embarrassing. special moment with the lights going out at the end and morrissey disappearing into the darkness.

Great Show, but what was up with the 2- minute Suicide clip at the end of Everyday is like Sunday?

Ahhhhh, you noticed that too. An anon-poster from S.D. mentioned that was Morrissey's, "inspiration for living", video. Hmmm...could be. Me thinks it was nicked from the Anthony Robbins self motivational course Morrissey took when the Smiths parted ways, a la the ultra quick release of Viva Hate lp and "Little Man What Now", tune.
Essentially it was a self admission of how Morrissey loves his maniacal episodes...repetition until exhaustion and then double down , all in with more of it. Notice the double photo backdrops on all stage photos, sometimes 3 or more ? Then on to the next wave of mania and outbursts of naughty thoughts, which ofcorse we all love and joyously anticipate. Not bad eh Morrissey ? Thanks for the greater than great shows you give us !

No thanks he was truly great once a talented singer/lyricist second to none until his views on life and on the world became abhorrent and is pale comparison to what he once was he’s just washed up old man who use to be for the down trodden but not anymore and not for sometime.
Yes, but it's so sad to see him staggering round looking like Father Jack from the TV show Father Ted, with that terrible blonde barnet, and then taking off his shirt like that. The expression on his face. . . Awful. And worse, it is all his own doing, his own stupid abhorrent fault!

FULL SET:

by chance do you recall a song(music video) that was in his pre-show, which had a man skipping down the street with a group of girls? it was a black and white music video I just remember it was a catchy tune and it was a white man singing with sideburns and longish hair?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom