Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

She’s a disingenuous con artist that appeals to the absolute lowest common denominator (evidenced clearly in your and rifke’s admiration for her). Sometimes stupid just is.
Yet you still don’t rebut her points.

She doesn’t have a point to begin with, just half-truths that she amplifies to histrionic levels to appeal to her eager, brain dead audience.
What are the half truths?

What points was she making?
That the vaccine hasn’t finished clinical trials and hasn’t got full FDA approval, instead it is operating under a special exemption.

That the vaccine hasn’t finished clinical trials and hasn’t got full FDA approval, instead it is operating under a special exemption.
Does FDA approval matter to you, honestly? I don't have a problem with the first part, "hasn't finished clinical trials" although it's a similar point. The things that do pass clinical trials and are approved by the FDA are not necessarily safe are they?
Whenever I'm somewhere a television set is on I always see ads for drugs where the side effects sound far worse than the condition they allegedly treat. "May cause stroke, heart failure, dizziness, erratic heartbeat, shortness of breath, sexual dysfunction, and bad breath," but your arthritis will be 20% better anyway.
The point is that, if you're honest, you probably use words like "plandemic" and while you may recognize the danger for some people if they contract covid 19, you just don't feel it would affect you badly enough to worry about it. After all many people have it and aren't even aware of it.
Because special exemptions for approval and not having finished clinical trials can be explained, and if covid were really causing people to suddenly drop dead in the street all around us, I'm pretty sure you'd have gotten the vaccine by now.
I'm being serious. Do you think what you posted is a sensible sounding argument or is it really what you believe?

Does FDA approval matter to you, honestly? I don't have a problem with the first part, "hasn't finished clinical trials" although it's a similar point. The things that do pass clinical trials and are approved by the FDA are not necessarily safe are they?
Whenever I'm somewhere a television set is on I always see ads for drugs where the side effects sound far worse than the condition they allegedly treat. "May cause stroke, heart failure, dizziness, erratic heartbeat, shortness of breath, sexual dysfunction, and bad breath," but your arthritis will be 20% better anyway.
The point is that, if you're honest, you probably use words like "plandemic" and while you may recognize the danger for some people if they contract covid 19, you just don't feel it would affect you badly enough to worry about it. After all many people have it and aren't even aware of it.
Because special exemptions for approval and not having finished clinical trials can be explained, and if covid were really causing people to suddenly drop dead in the street all around us, I'm pretty sure you'd have gotten the vaccine by now.
I'm being serious. Do you think what you posted is a sensible sounding argument or is it really what you believe?
Never used the word Plandemic, it’s kinda interesting to see how well you think you know me but how little you actually know me.

I understand that every drug/vaccine comes with risk but this all seems very rushed to me and there are enough credentialed doctor out there who have concerns to make me hesitant about it.

For what it is worth my father who is in the high risk age group, 80’s isn’t much interested in taking a vaccine either.

Also as yet to have children we don’t know what the long term effects on fertility are, even the drug makers have admitted this, I think I’ll let more enthusiastic people engage in this experiment first. It won’t matter soon anyways as anyone that wants to be vaccinated will and those of us who are happy to carry the risk will be the only ones at risk,

Lord Sumption in today’s Telegraph:

‘Covid-19 is towards the upper end [the most bearable] of the kind of epidemic that humanity has had to cope with from the beginning of time,’ he says. By contrast, he argues, the various lockdowns the Government has enforced over the past year have been brutal in prohibiting the most basic of human interactions. ‘It is historically extreme and unusual,’ he adds. ‘We have never, ever done such a thing.’

Lord Sumption in today’s Telegraph:

‘Covid-19 is towards the upper end [the most bearable] of the kind of epidemic that humanity has had to cope with from the beginning of time,’ he says. By contrast, he argues, the various lockdowns the Government has enforced over the past year have been brutal in prohibiting the most basic of human interactions. ‘It is historically extreme and unusual,’ he adds. ‘We have never, ever done such a thing.’

Ah yes, Lord Sumption...

rowley birkin.jpg

Does FDA approval matter to you, honestly?
WTF FC! are you a FDA denier? putting yourself inside a pyramid is a legitmate
remedy since its not FDA approved?:eek:
I don't have a problem with the first part, "hasn't finished clinical trials" although it's a similar point. The things that do pass clinical trials and are approved by the FDA are not necessarily safe are they?
FC safety is not a priority?:eek:

can you redact the above so it makes sense:straightface:

special exemptions for approval and not finishing can be explained if peeps
are dropping dead? :eek:

FAILURE:hammer:

Never used the word Plandemic, it’s kinda interesting to see how well you think you know me but how little you actually know me.

I understand that every drug/vaccine comes with risk but this all seems very rushed to me and there are enough credentialed doctor out there who have concerns to make me hesitant about it.

For what it is worth my father who is in the high risk age group, 80’s isn’t much interested in taking a vaccine either.

Also as yet to have children we don’t know what the long term effects on fertility are, even the drug makers have admitted this, I think I’ll let more enthusiastic people engage in this experiment first. It won’t matter soon anyways as anyone that wants to be vaccinated will and those of us who are happy to carry the risk will be the only ones at risk,
True, the "plandemic" part was not helpful to the discussion and made assumptions. The real point was that I think most people will go with a gut feeling and then seek evidence to support it. We all do this.
You do bring up some other issues that are interesting. If someone in their 80's isn't interested in the vaccine this must mean that they've decided the vaccine is a greater risk than contracting covid 19. Being in a high risk group this would seem to be a serious decision.
The other issue is that choosing not to be vaccinated does not just affect the person making that decision, assuming they are not living in total isolation, because some people can not be vaccinated, like infants, and so, theoretically, you can be putting others at risk. This is the theory with all vaccinations.
I haven't participated in this discussion much because feel like most people with strong opinions on it are just repeating something they've read or heard that supports their gut feeling. I don't think that arguing with people about it can lead to any greater knowledge than you can get by just choosing sources you trust and informing yourself directly.

:rolleyes:

i thought you didnt want peeps to agree with you all the time
as your posts did have dumb content. so what is it?:rolleyes:
even the FB bots have been eliminated:straightface:
peeps you cant reason with FDA deniers:hammer:

What are the half truths?
The entire tweet is based on a blatantly flimsy false equivalence. "Big Pharma" has nothing to do with doctors suggesting that pregnant woman abstain from drinking alcohol or unpasteurized juice.

To her larger point, this sudden devotion to the FDA among people with her beliefs is a typically disingenuous rhetorical trick. The FDA approves the tobacco that you smoke in the cigarette that gives you cancer. The FDA considers it acceptable to ingest the cancerous glyphosate pesticides that sit on your produce. There is nothing inherently altruistic or honest about anything that the FDA does. When the full approval comes sometime after the summer (disregarding the fact that the vaccines are currently approved for emergency use), will it put your mind at ease? Or will you simply invent a new reason for your apprehension?

Candace Owens was a low-level liberal blogger who was fortunate enough to stumble into unintentional favor with conservatives. Like any good opportunist, she saw an open door and ran through it (shedding her meager principles in the process). She hocks disingenuous opinions to people desperate for chum. I suspect she laughs at people like you and rifke all the way to the bank. As Dave Chappelle said, "I can't think of a worse way to make money."

So, while I understand that you think you've got me cornered when you accuse me of resorting to a lazy ad hominem in not addressing her "points," it's completely absurd not to consider the source when bothering to be analytical about these things. She's a notorious bad faith actor. That isn't irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom