Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

I know it isn't - but it's what would have actually have worked.
Well, I’m no enthusiast of the idea. But I agree it’s one approach, if implemented properly. As I’ve said before, what we’ve experienced has been the worst of all worlds.

I know it isn't - but it's what would have actually have worked.
When they (Labour) actually were the opposition, you had that complete idiot, & serial demonstrator (for that's all he actually is/was), Corbyn in the chair, who was, frankly, a laughable waste of oxygen. Then Starmer appeared; he looked the part, mumbled some decent things, & appeared to be an improvement on the previous incumbent. Just shows how deceptive appearances can be. I think he's proved to be totally underwhelming & out of his depth. With this latest by-election (the worst by-election result in the party's history, with 622 votes), together with that previous trouncing (wherever it was) really underlines just how ineffective, & poorly perceived he actually is.

Well, I’m no enthusiast of the idea. But I agree it’s one approach, if implemented properly. As I’ve said before, what we’ve experienced has been the worst of all worlds.

I'm not sure of the English stats but Scotland has so many anti-vaxxers, Glasgow's going to be a petri dish for years.

When they (Labour) actually were the opposition, you had that complete idiot, & serial demonstrator (for that's all he actually is/was), Corbyn in the chair, who was, frankly, a laughable waste of oxygen. Then Starmer appeared; he looked the part, mumbled some decent things, & appeared to be an improvement on the previous incumbent. Just shows how wrong you can be. I think he's proved to be totally underwhelming & out of his depth. With this latest by-election (the worst by-election result in the party's history, with 622 votes), together with that previous trouncing (wherever it was) really underlines just how ineffective, & poorly perceived he actually is.
As you might know, I’m a Corbyn enthusiast. It remains one of life’s great mysteries as to why, after decades of being critical about the EU, he refused to back the Brexit project. I can only imagine that he was so focussed on winning over his party, he forgot he had to ‘win’ an election (I accept that an outright win was impossible).

I was going to predict that even the Green party could beat Labour in a by-election, & then realised in this particular instance they actually had.

As you might know, I’m a Corbyn enthusiast. It remains one of life’s great mysteries as to why, after decades of being critical about the EU, he refused to back the Brexit project. I can only imagine that he was so focussed on winning over his party, he forgot he had to ‘win’ an election (I accept that an outright win was impossible).
A few people have said such things in the past:

"I’m a Corbyn enthusiast. It remains one of life’s great mysteries as to why."

I'm not sure of the English stats but Scotland has so many anti-vaxxers, Glasgow's going to be a petri dish for years.
Can I trust you’re presently getting shitfaced with a ginger wig on?

When they (Labour) actually were the opposition, you had that complete idiot, & serial demonstrator (for that's all he actually is/was), Corbyn in the chair, who was, frankly, a laughable waste of oxygen. Then Starmer appeared; he looked the part, mumbled some decent things, & appeared to be an improvement on the previous incumbent. Just shows how wrong you can be. I think he's proved to be totally underwhelming & out of his depth. With this latest by-election (the worst by-election result in the party's history, with 622 votes), together with that previous trouncing (wherever it was) really underlines just how ineffective, & poorly perceived he actually is.

I'm just happy we're still in existence. It's been a shocking 8 years.

I've just been listening to Sarah Green's victory speech. I'm not sure how long she's been in politics (I don't actually care tbh), or where she actually sits on the naivety scale, or if she's being overly ambitious in her own ability & expectations:

"Together, we have said enough is enough. We will be heard. And this government will listen."

Has anybody in government ever listened to the Lib Dems, & if so, when was that?

I've just been listening to Sarah Green's victory speech. I'm not sure how long she's been in politics (I don't actually care tbh), or where she actually sits on the naivety scale, or if she's being overly ambitious in her own ability & expectations:

"Together, we have said enough is enough. We will be heard. And this government will listen."

Has anybody in government ever listened to the Lib Dems, & if so, when was that?

Between 2010 and 2015 they had to. Sort of.

Has anybody in government ever listened to the LibDems, & if so, when was that?
The noteworthy thing is (I think) that she won thanks to her opposition to her own party’s H2S policy. So she’d do well not to showboat too much, as it might come back to haunt her.

3000.jpeg

I love how the Lib Dems picture the Tories as a huge blue wall and themselves as a tiny toy from a toddler's play-set.

Back
Top Bottom