Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

Lockdowns are a waste of time at this point. We need to get to 80% of the population vaccinated by Nov. + potentially a booster shot for those who want it and we will be OK.

The problem is the CDC lifted the mask mandates for indoors way too soon. It happened nationwide on June 15th and really they should have waited until August 1st.

Anyway, I do think the worst is behind us. Risk goes way up for the unvaccinated though, however. I do not believe in mandatory vaccinations.
Sure, 80%, then, just 85%, then, a demand for 90%, and so on.

As already posted (by born to mourn) it seems in America a third shot will be necessary, because the 3 week (?) period between the two shots was not long enough to maximize protection.

Did you get an option of when you wanted to receive your second shot?

Lockdowns are a waste of time at this point. We need to get to 80% of the population vaccinated by Nov. + potentially a booster shot for those who want it and we will be OK.

The problem is the CDC lifted the mask mandates for indoors way too soon. It happened nationwide on June 15th and really they should have waited until August 1st.

Anyway, I do think the worst is behind us. Risk goes way up for the unvaccinated though, however. I do not believe in mandatory vaccinations.

As already posted (by born to mourn) it seems in America a third shot will be necessary, because the 3 week (?) period between the two shots was not long enough to maximize protection.

Did you get an option of when you wanted to receive your second shot?
I don't think I'll do a booster. I got the J & J and am quite healthy. If I get the variant, it will be like the common cold.

How high is the protection rate from hospitilization and death among non-vaccinated people?

There should be data out there based on unvaccinated comparison groups. But I can't find any.

Without having any data available, I just assume that the protection rate from hospitalization and death among unvaccinated folks (those with and without pre-existing medical diseases) who solely rely on their immune system (as we have learned during the first corona wave) is also somewhat inbetween 80-95 %.

Saying that those having been vaccinated twice have a protection rate from hospitalization and death of 80-95%, implies that this high number is solely due to the vaccine's impact, which would be misleading, of course.

So, it is clear that the vaccine can protect from infection and symptoms of infection, and especially when it comes to reducing the number of infections, it can help curb the spreading of the virus.

But it is not really clear to me, inasmuch the vaccine can protect people from hospitalization and death.

Last edited by a moderator:
how many of those "unvaccinated deaths" are from people under 80?

You’ll have to look that up yourself and yes I do like Nabokov but whenever I read him these days I just think of amis

A week ago, nightclubs (only) were to require Covid passports. By Friday it was football matches too.

Today we are ‘hearing’ all people on all University campuses are going to need Covid passports.

Tomorrow, the bus stop will require you to have a Covid passport.

It’s almost like a comprehensive national ID scheme is coming our way (in the UK), at at rate of knots.

A week ago, nightclubs (only) were to require Covid passports. By Friday it was football matches too.

Today we are ‘hearing’ all people on all University campuses are going to need Covid passports.

It’s almost like a comprehensive national ID scheme is coming our way (in the UK), at at rate of knots.

They don't need it!

They can get your data from your phone.

You’ll have to look that up yourself and yes I do like Nabokov but whenever I read him these days I just think of amis
That's not what I meant. But anyway Nabokov and Amis are nothing alike. Absolutely nothing alike. Perhaps it is Kurt vonnegut you're thinking of who makes you think of Amis.

How high is the protection rate from hospitilization and death among non-vaccinated people?

There should be data out there based on unvaccinated comparison groups. But I can't find any.

Without having any data available, I just assume that the protection rate from hospitalization and death among unvaccinated folks (those with and without pre-existing medical diseases) who solely rely on their immune system (as we have learned during the first corona wave) is also somewhat inbetween 80-95 %.

Saying that those having been vaccinated twice have a protection rate from hospitalization and death of 80-95%, implies that this high number is solely due to the vaccine's impact, which would be misleading, of course.

So, it is clear that the vaccine can protect from infection and symptoms of infection, and especially when it comes to reducing the number of infections, it can help curb the spreading of the virus.

But it is not really clear to me, inasmuch the vaccine can protect people from hospitalization and death.
Although not for the reasons you’re conjecturing above, you’re not too far off. Data is available btw, exactly as was submitted by the vaccine manufacturers to the FDA for EUA.

No one who has seen those results or who knows how to interpret them is taking any of the “vaccines”, under any circumstances

Good, the sooner everyone is vaccinated, the sooner the pandemic will end. It's not you vs. the government, it's everyone against the virus. If mandates and passports are what works, then so be it.

Some people will change their habits.

We have a national ID with a number in my country. They take your fingerprints when you are an innocent child. It's so humilliating. I always felt that being identified with a number is a very grave insult to a person's individuality. And the fingerprints! There was a project to take a sample of our DNA. Surely organ's farm related. They can't even secure food for children, so it's obvious they won't use our dnas in local scientific investigations. Besides all that, people were used to test vaccines and when sick and old people needed those vaccines there weren't enough, and Pfizer, that was tested here and it's the only one approved for sick children, it is not applied here. They were tested here for being used in other countries. The government let others treat people like lab rats. What kind of evil monsters do that?

brett weinstein talks here about the absolute risk reduction of the vaccines. the whole idea of the vaccines being 95% effective or whatever is based on the assumption that 100 out of 100 people not vaccinated will get covid and that is egregiously false.

brett weinstein talks here about the absolute risk reduction of the vaccines. the whole idea of the vaccines being 95% effective or whatever is based on the assumption that 100 out of 100 people not vaccinated will get covid and that is egregiously false.

It's true that there's something about the numbers that doesn't make sense.

It's true that there's something about the numbers that doesn't make sense.
the abolute risk reduction, according to a pfizer study, is only like .7%. the absolute risk reduction being the number of infected non-vaccinated people minus infected vaccinated people. so, in the example in the video, if 1 in 100 vaccinated people get covid, 2 in 100 non vaccinated people might get covid. so that's quite quite different from them stating that it's 95% effective.

Some people will change their habits.

We have a national ID with a number in my country. They take your fingerprints when you are an innocent child. It's so humilliating. I always felt that being identified with a number is a very grave insult to a person's individuality. And the fingerprints! There was a project to take a sample of our DNA. Surely organ's farm related. They can't even secure food for children, so it's obvious they won't use our dnas in local scientific investigations. Besides all that, people were used to test vaccines and when sick and old people needed those vaccines there weren't enough, and Pfizer, that was tested here and it's the only one approved for sick children, it is not applied here. They were tested here for being used in other countries. The government let others treat people like lab rats. What kind of evil monsters do that?
Yes, national ID schemes are about power relations. They can’t be reduced to issues of ‘data’.

Back
Top Bottom