Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

Schools England: Prime Minister Boris Johnson told MPs further decisions on school closures in England were "to be taken imminently".

:)

'townhouse' is FC code for the 'ghetto'. No such 'townhouse' exists where there is no ac so you can hear peeps cough, crack heads live on trees across the street and criminal activity is rampant outside the door 24/7.

Since FC gave up tv in 2000:unsure:
and netflix came to the ghetto but a few years ago suffice to say FC has missed much PC programming.:)

They'll be riots in the cities if food stocks become limited.......from the usual suspects. The army are already on the streets of London.

Must be a nightmare for stores. Supply chains must be at full stretch with demand outstripping supply. I can see it ending badly, and this thing has barely kicked off. I'm off to my bunker.

Must be a nightmare for stores. Supply chains must be at full stretch with demand outstripping supply. I can see it ending badly, and this thing has barely kicked off. I'm off to my bunker.

90453650_10156576086062303_5195273491569442816_n.jpg

They'll be riots in the cities if food stocks become limited.......from the usual suspects. The army are already on the streets of London.

Yep I can imagine which suspects you're referring to. Thing is as a normal household you can only store so much, freezer, garage, shed, whatever...& that will require extra funding...so before you know it it'll be rioting & looting & burning, & violence.

For those who have grocery shopping delivered by any of the major stores (UK), & via Ocado, it's now becoming nigh on impossible to get a delivery slot...which will ultimately mean going and mingling with the masses in store.

For those who have grocery shopping delivered by any of the major stores (UK), & via Ocado, it's now becoming nigh on impossible to get a delivery slot...which will ultimately mean going and mingling with the masses in store.

Ocado have limited it to existing customers too which I'm not sure I agree with. I had a months worth of booking slots already booked (I have the same slot every week) so hopefully I'm not affected, but saying to new customers "Hey, no food for you!" I'm not sure is the right thing to do, at least filter it by age and let some people unable to go to the shops order.

I understand why Ocado is being inundated though, they're the only place that are delivering full orders at the moment, every other place picks the order from the shop floor... which is empty.

I've got a recurring delivery slot with ASDA so I'm golden.:)

I've got a recurring delivery slot with ASDA so I'm golden.:)

I don't think Sainsbury's have that facility, I'm sure it's only up to 3 weeks in advance that you can book slots...but currently there's nothing anyway, not even one of those click & collect things.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Sainsbury's have that facility, I'm sure it's only up to 3 weeks in advance that you can book slots...but currently there's nothing anyway, not even one of those click & collect things.
Tesco too. I have a disabling illness so I'm reliant on it at the best of times. At the moment I've been able to get something for 3 out of the next 4 weeks, but the 1st week in April there is nothing. If this keeps up, I'm a bit screwed. Think they need to find some way of prioritising people in genuine need, rather than people who'd just rather not go to the store. I have a gut feeling the people who are buying up all the slots are related to the people buying 17 packets of toilet roll, and sod the rest of you.

Tesco too. I have a disabling illness so I'm reliant on it at the best of times. At the moment I've been able to get something for 3 out of the next 4 weeks, but the 1st week in April there is nothing. If this keeps up, I'm a bit screwed. Think they need to find some way of prioritising people in genuine need, rather than people who'd just rather not go to the store. I have a gut feeling the people who are buying up all the slots are related to the people buying 17 packets of toilet roll, and sod the rest of you.

Hmm, I don't know the answer to that P, but I do know Sainsbury's are prioritising delivery slots for the elderly, which is fair, but unsure about things relating to your issue. Delivery guy this morning says part of the deliveries problem is to do with the amount of stuff a truck can take, & the weight of it too, so some of it is down the volume of stuff people are ordering, i.e. bulk buying, which the stores are going to have to manage better than they are at the mo. Madness really, & we're still only early days with this thing.

Don't you have anyone (family) who can get you stuff from Tesco's? Or have you thought about joining another store delivery scheme such as ASDA, Morrison's or whatever's available near you? Might be a way around your dilemma, but I suspect they may have similar issues.

Back
Top Bottom