Is Johhny being a shit attacking Moz for publicity?

butley

Maybe this need its own thread 'cos it looks like there will be a lot of publicity seeking from Johnny. Morrissey always said Johnny tries to please everybody and ends up pleasing no one.

I'm sure Morrissey will sleep safe and sound knowing that johnnys politics are different from his.suppose he has to drive the publicity forward by appearing on everything.i wish he would do the one show,hahaha.

I'm not really sure he's attacking Morrissey more than just pointing out the differences between them nowadays. As for The Smiths reformation thing, Morrissey probably woke up the next day from an extra hard session at the boozer and couldn't remember a thing, LOL.

Think you need to tell us what he has said first as I haven't seen anything where he is attacking Morrissey?

There's no 'attack'. It seems more to me that his autobiography is attracting press attention, he's being asked questions about Moz and in turn his responses are being turned into news stories. He merely pointed out they're on different ends of the political spectrum these days, or so it seems. No biggie.

Well with morrissey being the more controversial and famous of the two, this is not an insult towards marr, he's bound to get questions about him as that's what's gonna most sell copy and I'm sure he and his publishers want to sell books. He could refuse to answer the questions or try to move the topic of conversation but it's gonna be hard if he wants to promote. I haven't seen him say anything negative about morrissey yet

Maybe this need its own thread 'cos it looks like there will be a lot of publicity seeking from Johnny. Morrissey always said Johnny tries to please everybody and ends up pleasing no one.

Publicity-seeking? Unlike Morrissey, the fading minor celebrity who tried to capitalise on the Paris atrocity, this time last year.

You can't say he was trying to capitalize like he was rubbing his hands greedily thinking now I'll make loads. Even if it were released do you think he believes that suddenly it's gonna sell block busters and written about everywhere. He obviously puts a lot of stock in songs and meaning and probably just thought it'd be a tender gesture in the best way he knows how. As for celebrity status, which is of course incredibly important and meaningful, I'd say he's had an amazing career despite himself with a trajectory unlike many I can think of

You can't say he was trying to capitalize like he was rubbing his hands greedily thinking now I'll make loads. Even if it were released do you think he believes that suddenly it's gonna sell block busters and written about everywhere. He obviously puts a lot of stock in songs and meaning and probably just thought it'd be a tender gesture in the best way he knows how. As for celebrity status, which is of course incredibly important and meaningful, I'd say he's had an amazing career despite himself with a trajectory unlike many I can think of

No, he's not stupid enough to think he'd "make loads", but he did want to reissue old product to try to raise his public profile. He continues to crave attention and the depth to which he was willing to stoop in order to get that attention is as staggering as it is shameful.

As for, "... a tender gesture...", your credulity is embarrassing.

IF Marr 'attacked' M, Would M reply or attack back? If M were to reply he would do it by giving a wink to Marr
knowing very well that they're both just playing the game.

no publicity is bad publicity, I mean if that's really their aim. As far as the Paris B.S., I've yet to see any evidence that M does not care for Paris and what happened there, nor did I see any evidence as in a statement declaring that he wanted to release a single without money from it's sales going to any charity to benefit someone other than him.

Any artist wanting to or who has helped in someway in the form of a statement ,record release or show, will get publicity for their actions, want them or not.

It seems more like the media that already doesn't like morrissey is using Marrs wording to sorta attack him. This piece from the daily beast about the reunion bar meet up and the politics quote squished together is worded in a way that tries to make it seem like marr didn't think there was any reason to reunite but that there was reunion talk when he and morrissey met and that it was possibly in part to morrissey being pro Brexit that it didn't happen. no mention of morrissey never getting back to marr the day, or any day after, making his thoughts about a reunion clear. This isn't really Marrs fault but those doing the reporting warping Marrs story

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats...smiths-reunion.html?via=mobile&source=copyurl

I'm not really sure he's attacking Morrissey more than just pointing out the differences between them nowadays. As for The Smiths reformation thing, Morrissey probably woke up the next day from an extra hard session at the boozer and couldn't remember a thing, LOL.

I agree. It seems Marr is really going out of his way to state how different they both are now. For example in the interview where Marr went on a bit about M's beer consumption, while he on the other hand just had orange juice the whole time. I thought at first Marr was just pointing out these things because he got a kick out of it, seeing how back in the day the roles were reversed and he was the one that did the drinking compared to M's supposed teetotalism.

IF Marr 'attacked' M, Would M reply or attack back? If M were to reply he would do it by giving a wink to Marr
knowing very well that they're both just playing the game.

no publicity is bad publicity, I mean if that's really their aim. As far as the Paris B.S., I've yet to see any evidence that M does not care for Paris and what happened there, nor did I see any evidence as in a statement declaring that he wanted to release a single without money from it's sales going to any charity to benefit someone other than him.

Any artist wanting to or who has helped in someway in the form of a statement ,record release or show, will get publicity for their actions, want them or not.

You haven't seen anyone prove a negative? There's a surprise.

Instead, if you have evidence that he cared about the people who died in Paris, or that he cared about the bereaved, or that he intended to make a financial donation to a charity on their behalf, then provide it.

I agree. It seems Marr is really going out of his way to state how different they both are now. For example in the interview where Marr went on a bit about M's beer consumption, while he on the other hand just had orange juice the whole time. I thought at first Marr was just pointing out these things because he got a kick out of it, seeing how back in the day the roles were reversed and he was the one that did the drinking compared to M's supposed teetotalism.

M has never been teetotal even back then. Maybe he didn't overdo it like the others but he did drink alcohol. I always found it suspicious that he was telling that to everyone because people with mood disorders are the perfect candidates for using alcohol to deaden pain and feelings. He gave as much away in 1994 when he said that for him alcohol is comforting.

You haven't seen anyone prove a negative? There's a surprise.

Instead, if you have evidence that he cared about the people who died in Paris, or that he cared about the bereaved, or that he intended to make a financial donation to a charity on their behalf, then provide it.

the 'evidence' or evidence to me is his intended action of wanting to re-release the single in support of the people who were victim to this incident. It could only be assumed that anyone who would release a record or do a show then it would be done as a benefit and proceeds would go to a charity.

Because of all the crap getting in the way in just trying to get the single released it never came to the point of discussion of what charity proceeds would go to. If he released it himself people then would have complained that he should have done it through a proper label, if he just played a show then people would have complained why just a show and not a record release? or why didn't he go busk on the street like Mcdonna? What ever he does it doesn't seem to be good enough for most of the people who visit this site. And if you're not some 'big star' then labels don't want to help because then it's no benefit to them.

I could see your view point on this matter, but there isn't evidence enough to say that M just wanted the publicity
and that his actions were not sincere. Again everyone who participated in some benefit or other got publicity for their actions, want them or not.

Last edited:
M has never been teetotal even back then. Maybe he didn't overdo it like the others but he did drink alcohol. I always found it suspicious that he was telling that to everyone because people with mood disorders are the perfect candidates for using alcohol to deaden pain and feelings. He gave as much away in 1994 when he said that for him alcohol is comforting.

if you reread my post, I wrote ... 'M's supposed teetotalism'.

bought on stolen wine..... ;)

Last edited:
No, he's not stupid enough to think he'd "make loads", but he did want to reissue old product to try to raise his public profile. He continues to crave attention and the depth to which he was willing to stoop in order to get that attention is as staggering as it is shameful.

As for, "... a tender gesture...", your credulity is embarrassing.

There's no more evidence of him trying raise his profile than there is of him trying to make a tender gesture. If there such evidence of motivation please share it because him wanting to rerelease it doesn't speak to his motivation. Also how would it raise his profile anymore than it already is beyond his fans now. Do you think the news at eleven so gonna start running stories about morrissey rereleasing get a single that praises Paris. Do you think that's what he believes. You're seeing what you want to see and stating your beliefs as facts

the 'evidence' or evidence to me is his intended action of wanting to re-release the single in support of the people who were victim to this incident. It could only be assumed that anyone who would release a record or do a show then it would be done as a benefit and proceeds would go to a charity.

Because of all the crap getting in the way in just trying to get the single released it never came to the point of discussion of what charity proceeds would go to. If he released it himself people then would have complained that he should have done it through a proper label, if he just played a show then people would have complained why just a show and not a record release? or why didn't he go busk on the street like Mcdonna? What ever he does it doesn't seem to be good enough for most of the people who visit this site. And if you're not some 'big star' then labels don't want to help because then it's no benefit to them.

I could see your view point on this matter, but there isn't evidence enough to say that M just wanted the publicity
and that his actions were not sincere. Again everyone who participated in some benefit or other got publicity for their actions, want them or not.

Your "evidence" that Morrissey cared about the victims of terrorism and their bereaved is that he wanted to re-launch some of his old product - a song that has nothing to do with terrorism, or with Paris, for that matter - into the marketplace and sell some units? I see.

He was so moved/outraged by what happened in Paris that he's never mentioned the subject again.

There's no more evidence of him trying raise his profile than there is of him trying to make a tender gesture. If there such evidence of motivation please share it because him wanting to rerelease it doesn't speak to his motivation. Also how would it raise his profile anymore than it already is beyond his fans now. Do you think the news at eleven so gonna start running stories about morrissey rereleasing get a single that praises Paris. Do you think that's what he believes. You're seeing what you want to see and stating your beliefs as facts

He and his employees thought it was the perfect opportunity for him to, at last, secure a No. 1 hit single.
"We are shocked that you have made no move this week to promote the above song (download/special 7-inch/special CD) to support the people of Paris. Any other artist would be number 1 with this song RIGHT NOW."​
Boz Boorer (25/11/'15)
You were saying?

Back
Top Bottom