Is Morrissey gay?

Did you really think you'd get a good quality substantive answer on this board, after all these years? Sheesh.

Peter

hmm I think this might be oh, the 1000000 time this question has been asked. You knew that though. :rolleyes:

I did know that yes, because most of my well intentioned threads are met with derison, when all i'm trying to do is discuss Mozzer.

So i may as well give 'em what they want.

I don't really think he is gay to be honest, bisexual perhaps, but not gay. He has no reason to say whether he is or not anyway, its not anyones business but his own and I'd feel like his music would be devalued if he did a classic money making outing stunt. He's never wanted to be Tarzan or Jane and that's what's special about him.
I think he leans more towards women than men though, but does have a need for male bonding and companionship, someone with a greater knowledge of physciatry than I could link that nicely to his parents divorce and all that.

I don't really think he is gay to be honest, bisexual perhaps, but not gay. He has no reason to say whether he is or not anyway, its not anyones business but his own and I'd feel like his music would be devalued if he did a classic money making outing stunt. He's never wanted to be Tarzan or Jane and that's what's special about him.
I think he leans more towards women than men though, but does have a need for male bonding and companionship, someone with a greater knowledge of physciatry than I could link that nicely to his parents divorce and all that.

since when does outing yourself make you more money? and why would you assume he's heterosexual?

i mean whaever- personally to me, and i'm just saying this knowing that it will cause problems. to me the question of his sexual orientation is important- its important the fact that he has put us in a position to ask whether its important to know, he's again put us in non-black and white land where some of us do live/want to live. to me thats important.

he isn't gay in a way that binds him into beling a symbol of what is- an identifier, but he also isn't straight in a way that allows some of us to relate to him in a genuine non-comercial non-heteronormative non-gendered way.

so to me, the one thing that annoys me more then people claiming he's heterosexual is people saying the question isn't important....i think obviously sexuality is important to his music/life as it is to all of ours.

but thats just me.

I don't know. But since he does have feminine hand movements and reactions, it's not a sure thing that he's gay. He's not as feminine as he used to be, thats for sure. He's probably tried males and females. That i'm very sure of.

He will have gay fans who like to think he's one of them, thats for sure as well.

I don't know. But since he does have feminine hand movements and reactions, it's not a sure thing that he's gay. He's not as feminine as he used to be, thats for sure. He's probably tried males and females. That i'm very sure of.

He will have gay fans who like to think he's one of them, thats for sure as well.

and don't forget about straight fans who will assume he's straight for 1. either there own sake like dem pesky gays or 2. because unfortunatly we live in a world where its assumed untill were notified otherwise.

Morrissey's male straight fans don't want to hear that MOZ is gay.

In any case, it is very clear that Morrissey is atleast bisexual, from the responses he's given in his interviews.

Anyone else wondering why this thread hasn't been merged yet? :squiffy:

Kewpie gets a lot of grief around here, but when she's gone for a short while the whole place goes to pot and we get confused.... Headless chickens

On the subject of whether Morrissey is gay or not, I always liked his line about not recognising the pre-fixes homo-sexual, bi-sexual or hetero-sexual - he just thought everyone was sexual.

Brett Anderson wanted to be deep when he said he was a bi-sexual man who'd never had a homosexual experience - but it just sounded naff.

Dave

erm.. one's gender or how one acts their gender got nothing to do with their sexuality or sexual preferences. just pointing this out.

Last edited:
erm.. one's gender or how one acts their gender got nothing to do with their sexuality or sexual preferences. just pointing this out.

In most cases, the vast majority of males who act gay more than likely will be than one who acts straight. Voice, movements, reactions, etc.

Not always the case, as sometimes it's the opposite. The person who acts straight might be gay, and the person who acts gay might be straight.

If I never knew anything about Morrissey at all, and suddenly came across him I'd assume he's gay. Thats looking at him in the Smiths and his solo career. Footage of him, interviews, etc. It's human nature for someone straight to think someone else is possibly gay when they act feminine.

Tags
hellooooo?! of course stop replying! zzzzzzzzzz
Back
Top Bottom