Is routine circumcision right or wrong?

Should parents have their children's body parts surgically removed w/o med necessity?

• Total voters
Apparently American women find it "disgusting" to give oral to a man who's uncircumcizied, yet they ask men to go down on them and Lord knows THAT'S an acquired taste.

You go... boy? :confused:

Kinda off topic but the same exact things make ladies parts and male ejaculate taste the way they do. So when your girl or boy gives you that special treat, remember to return the favor because they deserve it. :p

EDIT: Male circumcision= bad.

No, you wouldn't; no it isn't - I don't like either scenario.:eek:

Edit: I was going to vote "no", but then I thought about extra fingers, etc. My brother had a friend who was born with a sixth finger on one hand near the thumb, and his parents had it removed shortly after his birth. Was that unkind?
Then again, maybe he could've had fun with that other thumb, I dunno...

chica, ear cropping & tail docking are both common veterinary procedures in the USA. :rolleyes:
http://www.puppys-place.com/Special-surgeries.html

I had no idea - I apologize for assuming things without proper research :o

See, when I was wee I used to watch dog shows on TV with my dad, and I noticed that some breeds had strangely shaped ears and no tails so he explained the practice to me. We were both like "aww, poor doggies". Time passed and then you couldn't see modified dogs -so to speak- anymore, and he told me they eiter stopped the practice, or banned it :confused: But either way I believed it was banned because unnecessary cutting of dogs' body parts was considered animal cruelty.

It may be for the best that I am circumcized, but I feel strongly that the decision should've been mine.

That will be alright if you wanted to convert to Islam, but i just read "While endorsing circumcision for males, scholars note that it is not a requirement for converting to Islam".

That will be alright if you wanted to convert to Islam, but i just read "While endorsing circumcision for males, scholars note that it is not a requirement for converting to Islam".

It's a cultural thing, rather than religious - I watched a dreadful film about FGM in a Christian village in Africa, though that practice is commonly blamed on Islam.

Edit: I was going to vote "no", but then I thought about extra fingers, etc. My brother had a friend who was born with a sixth finger on one hand near the thumb, and his parents had it removed shortly after his birth. Was that unkind?
Then again, maybe he could've had fun with that other thumb, I dunno...

I should have addressed this in my previous post here. You're talking about an entirely different issue, though it is my fault the poll question was not more precisely formulated. Extra fingers, deafness, Down syndrome - those are conditions not regarded as "normal", and groups that fight for rights of people with disabilities are trying very hard to change that perception. Should extra fingers be removed, fetuses with Down Sy aborted and deaf children operated on? I'd rather not go there.

This poll is about what's considered biologically normal anatomy, so feel free to vote no ;)

Chica ....you are OBSESSED with body parts!!:eek:

as long as they are not 'cut off'!

There's nothing left!!

W'eve covered vaginas/willies/boobs...what next?....erm how about are legs a neccessesity?...or do we really need pubic hair?:eek:

I swear i have to watch my kids aren't looking over my shoulder when I'm on here because its getting too rude for someone of my delicate consitution.:sick:

There's nothing left!!

W'eve covered vaginas/willies/boobs...what next?....erm how about are legs a neccessesity?...or do we really need pubic hair?:eek:

I swear i have to watch my kids aren't looking over my shoulder when I'm on here because its getting too rude for someone of my delicate consitution.:sick:

Some people consider it human rights violation. It's not something your children shouldn't know about, it's good to be informed!

Some people consider it human rights violation. It's not something your children shouldn't know about, it's good to be informed!

My kids nearly faint when i have to get a splinter out of their finger so its a pretty sound bet they aren't going to be mutilating their genitals anytime soon.

I don't see the point in voting, all that tells us is who prefers what...

Why don't we start a poll on who likes women with big noses?

Basically, what we've learned is what influence Culture makes on people's choices. I mean supposedly, I hear that in parts of Bulgaria and Hungary women don't shave their body hair.

Back
Top Bottom