Is routine circumcision right or wrong?

Should parents have their children's body parts surgically removed w/o med necessity?

• Total voters

chica

v2.0
Unfortunately, due to the limited number of characters I could use, the poll question is not precise enough. I'll rephrase it here:

Should parents have the right to decide to have their children's body parts surgically removed without medical indications in case their child was born as what's considered a healthy anatomically normal infant?

I'm kindly asking everyone who didn't vote so far to do so, bearing in mind what the new, hopefully better worded question is.

Last edited:
Do we really need another one of these threads? I realize this one has a poll, but I think everyone that cares gave their two cents in the other thread.

Do we really need another one of these threads? I realize this one has a poll, but I think everyone that cares gave their two cents in the other thread.

I know, but I'd somehow like to believe that we can conclude whether it's definitely right or wrong if we see numbers :o It can't be both right AND wrong :confused:

Try this crazy idea on for size: maybe its neither?

But when people disagree about things, aren't those things always either right or wrong? When they're neither, people don't care and there are no heated debates.

no, thats silly. theres such a thing as just personal preference.

That's very true; it would be silly to ask if adult men choosing to undergo circumcision are right or wrong.

But things have to concern your own person or body, not somebody else's, for that mechanism to work.

You can't alter somebody else's body without their consent because it's your personal preference.

Chica, it seems that those of us who have strong opinions about it have already voiced them on the other thread. I call for a thread merge.

If it were possible to definitively tell right from wrong by talking it out... well, the world would be a very different place.

It would be great to merge the threads, can the poll stay though? (asking the mods)

Here's what I can't understand - if you bought a puppy and you had its ears and tail cut off, you would be charged with animal cruelty.

If you have a baby boy cutting off his foreskin is okay.

How did this happen? :confused:

No, nothing wrong with mutilating a boys genetils for no real reason and in some cases leaving him with horrible scars or life long injuries resulting for a completly needless and barbaric ritual! Nothing wrong with that at all!

It would be great to merge the threads, can the poll stay though? (asking the mods)

Here's what I can't understand - if you bought a puppy and you had its ears and tail cut off, you would be charged with animal cruelty.

If you have a baby boy cutting off his foreskin is okay.

How did this happen? :confused:
No, you wouldn't; no it isn't - I don't like either scenario.:eek:

Edit: I was going to vote "no", but then I thought about extra fingers, etc. My brother had a friend who was born with a sixth finger on one hand near the thumb, and his parents had it removed shortly after his birth. Was that unkind?
Then again, maybe he could've had fun with that other thumb, I dunno...

Last edited:
It may be for the best that I am circumcized, but I feel strongly that the decision should've been mine.

Apparently American women find it "disgusting" to give oral to a man who's uncircumcizied, yet they ask men to go down on them and Lord knows THAT'S an acquired taste.

circumcision is common here, too - it's irrelevant to the question of the morality of either
Pardon. Was my corrective speaking to the morality of either?
Don't be confused by the eye-roll thing, I always do that when addressing chica.

Back
Top Bottom