Is there a song you would sell your grandmother to hear Morrissey play live?

dear old granny isn't around any more but perhaps 'Pashernate Love' would bring her 'zoom rollerskating back from the grave'?

1991 - isn't there a soundcheck of this somewhere?

November Spawned a Monster.

many many times.. no mas!

2000 was a quirky tour and this was one of the gems.

There's a light... closing every show, again.

But my grandmothers are dead :p

This would be great with the extended outro where each band member leaves one at a time. The DVD doesn't do justice to how awesome this was.

Headmaster Ritual

I thought it sounded a bit flat to be honest.

"Dear God Please Help Me"
in a concert hall
with full orchestra
Morricone conducting
:D

If only he could change the explosive kegs line to.. well ANYTHING.

Then I would sell my grandfathers for Seasick.

This song 16 years old. Did he play it after 1992? I'm getting old too and can't remember.

It would have to be Nobody Loves Us. God I hope he plays that on the UK tour.

This was really good live but the crowd didn't seem to be into it.

I would probably sell my grandma to hear Do Your Best and Don't Worry. She would be glad to get out of the house I imagine.

This made for a pretty good opener but probably only for people who knew the song.

I'd also really like to hear The Edges Are No Longer Parallel live.

This was played once I believe. I have (somewhere) an audience recording of it.

I've no Grannies to sell, but I'll give a Granny Smith for " Heir Apparent".

I think this one also go one play live and there is an audience recording of it out there.

There is a light that never goes out and Sunny

Sunny to me just doesn't work well live.

maybe Certain People I Know.

This wouldn't surprise me as it was a single and has not played it in ages.. 1992 me thinks.

'Yes, I Am Blind'

This was played a few times in 1991 with Boz on acoustic. I think it fit in well with the Kill Uncle set list. I don't know if this would go in well with the new stuff.

Bored, I was obviously trolling when I said November. Come on!

Bored, I was obviously trolling when I said November. Come on!

I'm not.

It's a great song but I've seen it live so many times and it's on so many bootlegs and live releases that I just would rather that slot be used for something different.

Same thing for How Soon Is Now?

If I want to hear it, I'll pop in Earl's Court and BLAST it. It's really a great version.

I'm even pretty much done with Everyday Is Like Sunday. I've seen it with acoustic, 2 electrics, a banjo, back to acoustic. What's next? A polka version of the song?

Re: the list of the songs

I've Changed my plea to Guilty

There is a Place in Hell for me and my Friends

off that list, I'd love to hear Ammunition, Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning, or Christian Dior. LS, GD done right...can you imagine?! :sweet:

For the record, I'd never sell my Grandma's... God rest their souls. :)

never played live

It's archived so I cannot post in it, but I've never heard of Interlude being played live. Has it?

No, it is never played live.
It's a cover version that's why not listed.

Most of us know the story behind the recordings and video shooting of the song, no surprise the song never played live.

Last edited:
i did not read this thread, just the title, so somebody may have already said this, sorry
but id like moz to sing all of his songs
it could be like a 4 day thing like 'Der Ring des Nibelungen'
and should be done in some place like
Bayreuth-Festspielhaus545.jpg

Last edited:
Seasick Yet Still Docked, I Am Hated For Loving, Jack The Ripper, Stretch Out And Wait. I know he played the later two on the last tour but they werent on the set list when i saw him nor the tour before that.

Smiths; Wonderful Woman

Solo; Yes I am Blind or Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together or Late Night, Maudlin Street

the viva hate theme wasn't intended.

Back
Top Bottom