Is there a song you would sell your grandmother to hear Morrissey play live?

i'd sell her the one i like the least. she listens to folk music and wouldn't give a shit anyway. but i doubt she'd even give me 50 pence for that, let alone the money for the ticket.

I know it's over

I will probably go to hell for saying it...but I would dig up both my grandmothers and then sell them to hear "I Know It's Over"!!!

I`ve already sold my grandmother for "camden, so this time i`ll go with one of my unckles to get "This night has opened my eyes"

The never played symphonies or I'm not sorry. I wouldn't sell anyone but would pay the ticket price for Morrissey to just sing either of them and nothing else, if he ever decided to start doing one song concerts.

Last edited:
I would probably sell my grandma to hear Do Your Best and Don't Worry. She would be glad to get out of the house I imagine.

I'd also really like to hear The Edges Are No Longer Parallel live.

I've no Grannies to sell, but I'll give a Granny Smith for " Heir Apparent".

I would sell both of them to hear him sing the "I need advice" part of Miserable Lie!

It is interesting to se the wide range of songs people spend time in jail to hear. In my mind it says a lot about Morrissey and the quality of his music

This Charming Man - only because it is the elephant in the room of his live career.

While we're wishing this is the setlist I'm imaging we'll see in Manchester on the 22nd. Tried to keep it realistic by including the news songs and the old standby's. And yes, the encore will never happen

1 Something Is Squeezing My Skull
2 I Just Want To See The Boy Happy
3 One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
4 These Things Take Time
5 Black Cloud
6 How Soon Is Now
7 I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
8 Glamorous Glue
9 Trash
10 Spring Heeled Jim
11 You Have Killed Me
12 When I Last Spoke To Carol
13 That's How People Grow Up
14 Life Is A Pigsty
15 Christian Dior
16 It's Not Your Birthday Anymore
17 Irish Blood, English Heart
18 Oscillate Wildely
19 I'm Ok By Myself
20 Meat Is Murder
21 All You Need Is Me

Encore
22 This Charming Man

This Charming Man - only because it is the elephant in the room of his live career.

While we're wishing this is the setlist I'm imaging we'll see in Manchester on the 22nd. Tried to keep it realistic by including the news songs and the old standby's. And yes, the encore will never happen

1 Something Is Squeezing My Skull
2 I Just Want To See The Boy Happy
3 One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
4 These Things Take Time
5 Black Cloud
6 How Soon Is Now
7 I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
8 Glamorous Glue
9 Trash
10 Spring Heeled Jim
11 You Have Killed Me
12 When I Last Spoke To Carol
13 That's How People Grow Up
14 Life Is A Pigsty
15 Christian Dior
16 It's Not Your Birthday Anymore
17 Irish Blood, English Heart
18 Oscillate Wildely
19 I'm Ok By Myself
20 Meat Is Murder
21 All You Need Is Me

Encore
22 This Charming Man

I don't think he has the energy to do Trash anymore.

Personally I would say that I would want to hear one of the following 3 (or all of them if possible)

- My Love Life

- Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others (but the band music get the music right)

- You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby

Love PTxx.

I'd probably cry if Morrissey sang I Know it's Over live. Next up for me would be Reel Around the Fountain. Those are the only two I'd actually sell my grandmother for. ;)

Does anybody know if there's an actual reason as to why, aside from How Soon is Now?, Morrissey doesn't play his most famous Smiths songs (This Charming Man, Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now) live? Has Morrissey ever been asked about it before? :confused:

I'd probably cry if Morrissey sang I Know it's Over live. Next up for me would be Reel Around the Fountain. Those are the only two I'd actually sell my grandmother for. ;)

Does anybody know if there's an actual reason as to why, a, Morrissey doesn't play his most famous Smiths songs (This Charming Man, Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now) live? Has Morrissey ever been asked about it before? :confused:
if i remember correctly he has said about it something along the line that these were the clichees people remember of him :the miserable one with the flowers up his arse..thts why he doesnt sing this songs/is not too fond of them anymore nowadays
he has spoken about it in interviews and im sure the topic was spoken about here in the forum.mybe kewpie can offer a link

Back
Top Bottom