Is there any fanzines still going?

majic_johnson

Hello people. Just wondering if any Moz fanzines are still running nowadays? I know the internet has took other for news and stuff but having a physical copy of something is always nice.

ive been thinking about starting a small one, if that helps at all.?
like you said, its nice to have and hold a physical one compared to the internet.

I noticed that too que-pee. I was going to subscribe to 4 issues but i didn't have a clue when the last one was out so i thought against it.
So it doesn't seem that their is any running at the moment?

17 years ago, I was producing a Manchester City fanzine called ''This Charming Fan'':cool:
There was no internet, no radio phone ins, no fan related issues in the media......
Now they are all there at the click of the fingers.
Fanzines have to be sold.... standing outside gigs selling them, carrying them, getting them printed and paying for that upfront...... and they become out of date within weeks.......
The internet means more people can read the articles at a lot cheaper cost to produce and can be updated on a daily basis.
Fanzines had their use..... a great medium in the days when there was no other way of communicating with fellow fans. But are now, on the whole, obsolete.

Jukebox Jury

17 years ago, I was producing a Manchester City fanzine called ''This Charming Fan'':cool:
There was no internet, no radio phone ins, no fan related issues in the media......
Fanzines have to be sold.... standing outside gigs selling them, carrying them, getting them printed and paying for that upfront...... and they become out of date within weeks.......
The internet means more people can read the articles at a lot cheaper cost to produce and can be updated on a daily basis.
Fanzines had their use..... a great medium in the days when there was no other way of communicating with fellow fans. But are now, on the whole, obsolete.

Jukebox Jury

It does make sense though it is a shame.

I found this:
http://true-to-you.net/magazine_issues

However, it's been more than 5 years, Julia seems totally forgotten about it.

I guess our dearest friend, Julia, has forgotten this fanzine...
I'm sure she didn't mind about these thing.. She's got much money to run with Moz all over the world. Why did she care about little things?

The only thing still running at TTY is Morrissey.

Very True. To say she is very dedicated (in gig appearances at least) you would have thought she would have more input into her own website on Moz.
Saying that though i have heard whispers that she is socially inept.

i do agree that having the internet all the info is at your finger tips way faster but there really is nothing like holding something in your hands. im def gonna try start up a physical diy phot copy zine, with pics i took myself, interviews, news (outdated by the time you receive it) maybe have it come with a pic, sticker, patch or something else.
on another note, troublelovesme.com will have pins and stickers soon so send us a email over there if you are interested. we will also have them hopefully at some of the upcoming fall uk shows an maybe france.

Any Morrissey Zines still being made?

Does anyone know of any Moz zines that are still being published? I don't think that True to You has been released in several years and was wondering if anyone knew of any that might still be around.
Thanks!

Jukebox Jury

Sad but true....In some sick perverse way I wish someone would destroy the recipe to the internets! lololol

Contrary to Jukebox Jury's statements, fanzines still exist in many forms today, although the function of the zine has changed. As a source of information from the 'fan' or every-day person, the zine has certainly been overtaken by the internet. However zines still exist as a conscious aesthetic choice. It's like vinyl continuing to exist. Dedicated people ensure that zines are still created, distributed and read. There are many zine fairs, shops and communities throughout the world.

On the subject of Morrissey zines, Cartography for Beginners had regular material on Morrissey, especially during the mid-2000s, but I'm not sure whether the author is still producing it.

Tags
morrissey zine
Back
Top Bottom