Is there any subject Morrissey hasn't written about a song yet?

as an anti-royalist?

I was talking butterflies, but sure, whatever speaks to your interests. :rolleyes:

(The closest I like to get to politics is posting pics of Al Franken wearing bunny ears and a diaper. I don't even know the difference between a whig and a torie without having to google it, though sometimes in my made-up language I think it would've helped if I had so STAY IN SCHOOL KIDS!. :blushing:)

The tiny little holes in crumpets. I find them fascinating. But he would manage to find erotic innuendos about them, so forget I said anything...:rolleyes:
Bloody hell, the choice of subjects is rather limited...

Oh, he missed a great opportunity on the Quarry album to write about quarries and how the camorra guys fill them up with toxic waste. On the Italian album he apparently forgot to write a song about Berlusconi and how he advises people who've lost their houses to go on camping trips. He missed the dioxyned mozzarella. (thought he liked cheese?)
Pity, since it could have had a revolutionary influence on the Italian people...I mean, he did help Obama getting elected didn't he.:straightface:

Gucci, Gucci, Gucci, Prada, Glamour! Oops- Look Morrissey! Reality.:eek:

:lbf:

PS/ I support the songs about squirrels committee! And also songs about all manners of cute animals...Never enough of 'em.:straightface: Except dogs. That'll be more than enough, thank you.

Last edited:
Not being able to travel on trains on a Sunday cos the drivers won't work for less than double time... If we all had that attitude what would priests be doing? What would I be doing??

Why are adverts at a louder volume than the programme you're watching?

Deodorants

Cash machines that give out £20 instead of £10 and the lack of humanity within when noone tells the bank.

Being charged for taking money out on your Visa when abroad

Bank charges in general

Bankers

CCTV surveillance and the erosion of civil liberties.

Ginger people.

Albino cats

Cleaning the fridge out.

Tony Norman the speed freak who likes Frank Zappa

Luton

I'm sure he'd do a better job than the Manics attempt.

Someone who wants to be the first stand-up comedian in outer space...oh wait...no scratch that..nevermind

One of those chainmail gloves for opening oysters.

Being shit at tango dancing.

Playing Monopoly with a racist, decerebrate granny.

Needing a piss in traffic.

Falling in love with an Asian newsagent.

Hahaha, because he hasn't had them yet. :p

I don't think his mother is dead on the bottom of a riverbed... but there is a song about it. Maybe it was someone else's mother in which case he wrote a song about something he didn't experience so that's not a good excuse.

I am waiting for him to write a song about snorting coke of a hooker's ass.

A song about his fans

I think The Lazy Sunbathers is about the fans.

He is the sun, and no matter what he does, they cannot be pleased.

The sun burns through
to the planet's core
but it isn't enough
they want more

Then there are parallels how his fans often don't like other bands and in the song the lazy sunbathers don't care about a world war that broke out.

That's the only meaning I've ever had for this song.

Morrissey has written about:

Depression
Loneliness
Rejection
Jealousy / envy
Suicide
Unrequited love
Crime
Parenthood
Legal system
Murder
Disability
Happy marriage / relationship
UFO
Animal walfare
Racism
Fish out of water
School life
Nostalgia
Celebrities / historical figures
USA
Being drunk
Hypocricy
Media
Sports

the list goes on.

What kind of subject you'd expect him to write about?

You forgot rape and child killing and sex

But there's also the line "too jaded to question stagnation".
And if there is a thing that the fans are not, that would be jaded to question anything.

I think The Lazy Sunbathers is about the fans.

He is the sun, and no matter what he does, they cannot be pleased.

The sun burns through
to the planet's core
but it isn't enough
they want more

Then there are parallels how his fans often don't like other bands and in the song the lazy sunbathers don't care about a world war that broke out.

That's the only meaning I've ever had for this song.

One of those chainmail gloves for opening oysters.

Being shit at tango dancing.

Playing Monopoly with a racist, decerebrate granny.

Needing a piss in traffic.

Falling in love with an Asian newsagent.

Well that's sort of covered already.

Death of a Tango Dancer

Monopoly board Monopoly board (can you help me)

Boyracer (stood at the uriiiiiiiinal)

And a Daily Mail that binds me.

Which leaves us with the gloves for oysters, unless someone silly can trace that back. :straightface:

having false teeth like these : :D

"does anybody have on their person a dead cat? i'd like to see if i can swing it."

The expression 'not enough room to swing a cat' has nothing to do with the furry creature. It originally referred to the cat o' nine tails.

I wanted to answer the question, but I can't think of anything.

Back
Top Bottom