It’s not about politics

I don't care who is kicked off of twitter or facebook. It's all part of the process. People have been told for years about the way Facebook treats user privacy but still use it.
Of course the people that run these platforms are made more powerful by the control they wield over the messages that they allow to be presented. It's just taking time to realize this. That's what I mean about this "censorship" being part of the process.
People have allowed the Internet to be more and more controlled, and there is always a good reason why. In the US we found that all of our email, our phone calls, and all electronic communication is subject to government review without notice, and certainly without warrant, but you know, terrorism. An event like this spectacle the other day, or like the twin towers attacks, can change things. "Oh please save us from the radicals and terrorists! We don't care what it takes as long as we're safe!"

So now we have tweets like "If I saw a friend on video attacking the Capitol, I"d report them to the FBI. Retweet if you would, too."

All that we learn when people are no longer allowed access to platforms is that the access they've previously been allowed was allowed.

I never in a million years would have guessed Trump would go to Gab of all places. I figured either Parler of Telegram but Gab is known for being a white nationalist stronghold.

That's good. It will make it easy for people to keep track of what those who see him as a leader are up to.

You can call me Travstradamus. I said they would be coming for the Bernie Bros next and lo and behold.

1610238147431.png

1610239497326.png

You can’t troll people on a social media site that has nothing but homogeneous participants which is why a good number of the new social media site won’t really take off

Well, this tops a crazy week.

It’s all a part of the show.

you either get sucked into it and become miserable (though so few know that they are)

or ignore it all as best you can and be a more creative and healthy human being

Regarding where one puts their attention

there is a choice.

It wasn't rigged.

Marches always have a violent fringe - anyone arranging a march knows that & should be careful to distance themselves from potential trouble.

Alt-right & far right social media has been actively encouraging violence & spreading disinformation for years. Of course Qanon is going to attract unhinged people because only someone who has lost touch with reality & their ability to fact-check would believe in Qanon.

It's happening on the left too.

It's always happened.

But it's made much worse by the way the internet functions. Algorithms, likes, RTs, sharing, gamification, being able to monetize accounts, memes... etc.

I don't approve of censoring ideas - or dropping people from their record labels or cancelling book deals - but they do need to tackle the way people are becoming addicted to propaganda. And that's being hindered by most politicians either not understanding the internet or wanting to use it while thwarting their rivals, which is why they settle for account purges.
Honestly Karen take a look at the video, they opened the damn doors to them. At one point they were even moving in single file like tourists out for a leisurely stroll in DC. The second storming of the Bastille this was not.

I never in a million years would have guessed Trump would go to Gab of all places. I figured either Parler of Telegram but Gab is known for being a white nationalist stronghold.

Andrew Torba has built GAB their own servers, they can't be shut down at all, unlike what is happening to Parler right now. I bet Dan Bongino is crying some salty tears right now, LOL.

You can’t troll people on a social media site that has nothing but homogeneous participants which is why a good number of the new social media site won’t really take off
You're right. It's no fun preaching to the choir and the echo chamber gets old real quick. The power lies in trolling, in coexisting with the "normies" and the libs. One can't exist without the other, which is why they all refuse to leave the mainstream platforms to be amongst their brethren.

Honestly Karen take a look at the video, they opened the damn doors to them. At one point they were even moving in single file like tourists out for a leisurely stroll in DC. The second storming of the Bastille this was not.

That's not being rigged - that's security being left to make its own crowd control decisions. It's a failure & I'm not surprised police chiefs had to resign.

I've been on hundreds of demos & everything does hinge on personality types & what's actually being done. I'm very friendly so the police are always nice to me even when it's obvious they disapprove of the cause. Which infuriates my Dad because they're always aggressive with him because he's a typical angry leftie when he's protesting.

Facebook is my address book - Gab & Telegram are disgusting horrorshows that I would only look at for research purposes before drowning my phone in Holy Water.
That's such bullshit. I've been on GAB for 3 years and haven't encountered anything worse than what I've seen on Twitter. All depends on who you follow.

Back
Top Bottom