Morrissey Central "IT BREAKS YOUR HEART IN TWO" (January 2, 2020)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29417
  • Start date
I kind of like how odd this is - fey snark at his record company, a retro camp single & some working-classness. He still knows his roots, even if he's not savvy at pitching it to the media class.

IT BREAKS YOUR HEART IN TWO - Morrissey Central
January 2, 2020

It is now reported that the official BMG release date for Morrissey's "It's Over" is January 24th, by which time "Morrissey will be 116 years old" (secret source.)

Adjustments_igc2yj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Puppet Parrot is just trolling or is a bit cracked. He seems to have no interest in Morrissey at all, just wants to accuse people of being Skinny & to say gratuitous things about Islam.

PS Skinny you can have your own forum for your Islamic proverbs. You can log in with your 1000 different user names at your leisure.
I see you've logged in as "Surface" now marking down the good posts again.

Last edited:
No one can scan sales overall that accurately & where they can it gets obscured. Everyone wants to know roughly what position someone is in, no one wants anyone else to know exactly where the money might be.

We do know that non of his albums since YOR has hit the 60K mark and no single has landed in the official singles charts since Spent the day in bed which got to number 69.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morrissey_discography

Free speech

We do know that non of his albums since YOR has hit the 60K mark and no single has landed in the official singles charts since Spent the day in bed which got to number 69.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morrissey_discography

yeah, but he's never been a big chart act (though he should have been if he was up for the promo grind - which he isn't) - he will pay his way though.

This is probably the lowest his reputation has been & there's not a huge blood-letting, no one very close to him denouncing him, no company who works with him ostentatiously dumping him, no stories about X terrible thing he did to Y - just the same pull-quotes & song lyrics, the PIN & a lot of social media/hottake drama. All of which seems very pointless now that politics has shifted so drastically for the foreseeable.

He's a unique artist (however cranky or old he gets) & I'd keep him for that alone (if possible, he seems to flounce).

All of which seems very pointless now that politics has shifted so drastically for the foreseeable.

He's a unique artist (however cranky or old he gets) & I'd keep him for that alone (if possible, he seems to flounce).

It's because of this that we love him so much; if he was a run of the mill artist, then he'd be gone by now with no further thought/interest from anyone.
The press will continue to make hay out of historic & irrelevant snippets just to fill their pages; they know it'll get clicks because it's something to do with brand-Morrissey.
I think in some strange way Morrissey has developed a clever form of reverse alternative & odd marketing strategy, which actually works for him, whereas traditional marketing may well have not had such an impact.
The fact that we're all here (haters included), continually discussing, debating, & listening to his music, and citing his lyrics, says it all.
I've never known such an artist with such pull, & I've never been drawn to an artist the way I have with Morrissey.
He's a genius, & a legend; no two ways about it; I'm glad I found him, & glad he's part of my life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is everyone jumping the gun here a bit....I'm not aware of any comment from official BMG sources that the new album will be released in March never mind the re-issues that was mentioned previously on Morrissey Central...I mean we're still waiting on a World Peace re-issue which according to Morrissey central east definitely happening so not exactly the beacon of reliability....also ref the Its Over disaster. On top of that in all of the Jan music monthly I've seen zero reference to a Morrissey March release however huge coverage of releases by artists such as Pual Weller for mid year release ..doesn't bide well methinks

yeah, but he's never been a big chart act (though he should have been if he was up for the promo grind - which he isn't) - he will pay his way though.

This is probably the lowest his reputation has been & there's not a huge blood-letting, no one very close to him denouncing him, no company who works with him ostentatiously dumping him, no stories about X terrible thing he did to Y - just the same pull-quotes & song lyrics, the PIN & a lot of social media/hottake drama. All of which seems very pointless now that politics has shifted so drastically for the foreseeable.

I fell asleep reading this shit. give it up.

Skinny this 'change of pace' troll username is not working out, its putting everybody to sleep.

It's because of this that we love him so much; if he was a run of the mill artist, then he'd be gone by now with no further thought/interest from anyone.
The press will continue to make hay out of historic & irrelevant snippets just to fill their pages; they know it'll get clicks because it's something to do with brand-Morrissey.
I think in some strange way Morrissey has developed a clever form of reverse alternative & odd marketing strategy, which actually works for him, whereas traditional marketing may well have not had such an impact.
The fact that we're all here (haters included), continually discussing, debating, & listening to his music, and citing his lyrics, says it all.
I've never known such an artist with such pull, & I've never been drawn to an artist the way I have with Morrissey.
He's a genius, & a legend; no two ways about it; I'm glad I found him, & glad he's part of my life.

He's still here, so it's working. And there is an appealing rawness to him. And a lesser artist wouldn't have made it out of 1983 with his coverage. But I wish occasionally he'd get out of the way of his own legend & let someone spin it. It doesn't always have to be a fight.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom