its not the morrissey i once loved

bedlam breakout

shite novels, shite chat shows with shite guests, shite arenas, shite outbursts of trolling and drama queen antics, bemoaning record deals that he could easily get, flogging dead singles, flogging re releases, dressing like a jockey ice, cream man, 70s stand up us comic etc, its not the Morrissey I once loved.

shite novels, shite chat shows with shite guests, shite arenas, shite outbursts of trolling and drama queen antics, bemoaning record deals that he could easily get, flogging dead singles, flogging re releases, dressing like a jockey ice, cream man, 70s stand up us comic etc, its not the Morrissey I once loved.

Are you the same person you were 10, 15, 20, 25 years ago...?

I don't think he was ever quite the Morrissey we imagined and loved in yesteryear. But he seems to be further removed from this ideal than he's ever been. Whilst there is a thoroughly decent, talented and intelligent man skulking about somewhere, the rise of his egomania, bitterness, downright stubbornness and attention seeking behaviour have truly blighted a once cherished persona. Sadly the charmed mystique of old is dead.

For you. Your point?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think he was ever quite the Morrissey we imagined and loved in yesteryear. But he seems to be further removed from this ideal than he's ever been. Whilst there is a thoroughly decent, talented and intelligent man skulking about somewhere, the rise of his egomania, bitterness, downright stubbornness and attention seeking behaviour have truly blighted a once cherished persona. Sadly the charmed mystique of old is dead.

Wrong. It's stronger than ever. You can say what you like but you can't leave him alone. All you need is him. ADMIT IT.

I write because it gives me the greatest possible artistic pleasure to
write. If my work pleases the few, I am gratified. If it does not, it
causes me no pain. As for the mob, I have no desire to be a popular
novelist. It is far too easy.
So, Viva Moz.

I'm sure what you said is 100% true, for you at least. Still, it doesn't matter who or what he is - he's judged on his output and just because you think he has or hasn't released a good book/album/song doesn't mean that he's changed to some irreversible state. Throughout his work he tries new things and he tries old things, he changes his mind and he pushes things less or further than they should go. Simply put, though he has a signature way of doing things, he ain't stale.

If your least favourite Morrissey/Smiths album were released in 1984, would that tarnish all future work from the band or him?

Back
Top Bottom