Morrissey Central "IT'S OVER, IT'S UNDER, IT'S SIDEWAYS, IT'S DOWN" (January 1, 2020)

IT'S OVER, IT'S UNDER, IT'S SIDEWAYS, IT'S DOWN

BMG Records have now marked Friday 10 January (2020!) as an official release date for Morrissey's "It's Over" single - even though it is currently number 2 in the UK vinyl chart and available from numerous major HMV outlets.

unnamed-8_dzprph.jpg

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/251528-it-s-over

(The uncredited image is by Victor Esparza).
Regards,
FWD.

Yes, 2019 is over!

Bring in 2020 !

Gonna be another

successful year for Moz !

:thumb:

I feel like this was pretty botched by BMG, and Morrissey doesn't really handle botched well. I assume at the moment he is pouring gasoline all over the bridges connected to BMG
‘’Tis true. He doesn’t have patience for incompetence at all.

Talk about losing traction and a pointless release. Singles should be released before the album to create a buzz. Not only is this a shitty cover version, but it’s a cover from May last year. Such a farcical release.
Agreed that the release comes at a strange time, but geez... Move on dude. I'm happy you were a big fan back in the day but the single is actually damn good. I wish LP would have been featured more.

Agreed that the release comes at a strange time, but geez... Move on dude. I'm happy you were a big fan back in the day but the single is actually damn good. I wish LP would have been featured more.

...and I’m a fan NOW. No ones hoping for a great album in March more then me. I anticipate every new Moz album and single with the same excitement I always have. I’m the real hardcore fan! I follow and support even in the wake of three abysmal albums.

Yes LP is a great addition to this song.
It certainly is a highlight of CS but they should have released this as a first single.

Bobby will probably get a radio release at the end of January or early February so they won’t conflict, but it can be a bit confusing.

but geez... Move on dude. I'm happy you were a big fan back in the day but the single is actually damn good. I wish LP would have been featured more.

Did you know that Bowie’s song ‘Move on’ is actually ‘All the young dudes’ backwards?

Happy new year lazy sunbather !

:)

The It’s over 7“ is a collectors release only without any media coverage, so BMG can do proper promotion for Bobby. We will see if BMG has still interest in pushing new Morrissey songs. Not that much I guess.

@lanterns whats your problem? Been trolling me all day. And who’s your guy in the know at BMG? Do you just swerve questions you can’t answer?

“I was told...” very f***ing insightful, mr mysterious

The It’s over 7“ is a collectors release only without any media coverage, so BMG can do proper promotion for Bobby. We will see if BMG has still interest in pushing new Morrissey songs. Not that much I guess.
They did pretty well with CS, promotion-wise.
Getting Wedding Bell Blues A-listed on BBC Radio 2 as well.
It’s just that Moz did f*** all in the UK promotion-wise.

One can only hope that this time around Moz is willing to cooperate a little bit more. The success of Dog Chain relies upon it, so I think he will want to cooperate.

They did pretty well with CS, promotion-wise.
Getting Wedding Bell Blues A-listed on BBC Radio 2 as well.
It’s just that Moz did f*** all in the UK promotion-wise.

One can only hope that this time around Moz is willing to cooperate a little bit more. The success of Dog Chain relies upon it, so I think he will want to cooperate.

Really? I don’t think BMG did much to promote CS.

It’s just that Moz did f*** all in the UK promotion-wise.’

Can’t blame him.

Well, hopefully the Guardian, etc won’t hound him in 2020, and then Moz just might grace Soviet Britain with his much needed voice and presence.

We’ll see.

:cool:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom