"It's Over" - physical release & cover art - Morrissey Central (26 Feb, 2019)

46372_46365_Over_x9rgtl.png

'IT'S OVER' 45/SINGLE (Physical)

"B-side is Brow Of My Beloved.
Please watch usual outlets for availability.
BMG/etienne LABEL."

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/it-s-over

The post also shares a fan made video:

'IT'S OVER' VIDEO, MADE BY ALEXANDMIRA

Last edited by a moderator:
Rodeo_b_Movies_2.jpg

Cover star is obviously Robert Mitchum and is cited as 'stock':
1952, Film Title: Lusty Men,
Director: Nicholas Ray,
Studio: RKO,
Pictured: Bucking horse, Robert Mitchum.
(Credit Image: Snap/Zumapress.com)

Regards,
FWD.

View attachment 47862

'IT'S OVER' 45/SINGLE (Physical)

"B-side is Brow Of My Beloved.
Please watch usual outlets for availability.
BMG/etienne LABEL."

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/it-s-over

The post also shares a fan made video:

'IT'S OVER' VIDEO, MADE BY ALEXANDMIRA

Now, I'm in no way shooting the messenger, FWD, but dear God that's dreadful. Why is he allowing this? It's as if he no longer cares. What a shame. The track actually sounds really good.

Now, I'm in no way shooting the messenger, FWD, but dear God that's dreadful. Why is he allowing this? It's as if he no longer cares.
I don't mind the random use of old film stills - there's a wealth of great stuff out there to choose and hopefully, what does get used has some meaning to him that he's trying to convey to us.
The fonts & positioning of said though are just poor.

What's looking to be a record store day (maybe) exclusive is done far more tastefully even if the cover star does little for anyone:

20190226_200937.png

Besides the Smiths covers which were labours of love - I enjoyed the Attack iconography and fonts probably more than anything recently.
I think Robert Mitchum deserves a bit more effort (the '45' in the corner is starting to annoy me!), but who are we to quibble?
To be kind: it's 'different'.
To be honest: it's not the best effort.
Regards,
FWD.

(I'm surprised PETA aren't chasing him for depicting horse cruelty by way of a movie about rodeos).

I remember a story by Jo Slee - I think it was recounted in "Peepholism" - about the time that Morrissey sacked one of the Smiths' art assistants for casually saying "These covers only take me a few minutes." That was it, gone the next day. Now he allows this laughable, so-bad-it's-got-to-be-a-pisstake design?

Lover to be

Now, I'm in no way shooting the messenger, FWD, but dear God that's dreadful. Why is he allowing this? It's as if he no longer cares. What a shame. The track actually sounds really good.
The bit I love is that little bit of T shirt they left while photoshopping his neck. Genius.The recent deluxe sleeve of the vinyl LIHS was well done but when I opened the gatefold there's a weird treatment on his photo that looks like a mistake.
Importantly The music is sounding great as you pointed out.

I feel as though the images aren't bad per say, I think what is displeasing are the typography/font choices that have appeared on more recent records. Long gone are the days of Times New Roman.

I reckon that cowboy is sooooo Mank and foreign inn nn nn nn n n it din't n n it? Reckon it's take a piss that his belt and chaps are leather. Bit of a poppy cock in nnn n nnn n it.

What's the title of the film used for the unofficial video of IT'S OVER?

What's the title of the film used for the unofficial video of IT'S OVER?
A Kind Of Loving, 1962.
Regards,
FWD.

As there are several threads now, I've put the band/SER comments today here:

20190226_234404.jpg

20190226_151609.jpg

20190226_152553.jpg

20190226_162602.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Tags