Jack Lowden on playing Morrissey - uInterview video

I think he means relatable as well.

The allure of Morrissey's lyrics owes a great deal to the connection anyone can make with those real or imagined experiences. If they can pull a fraction of that into this film and how We Are All Morrissey, I will be pleased. Tick, tock.

Yeah, sounds like he meant it was so relatable that anyone from that era & location would identify. Of course the brilliance of Morrissey's lyrics is that many outside of Northern England related as well. I remember one time Morrissey saying initially The Smiths were only trying to make music of and about being Northern, and were quite surprised to discover a universal audience. Anyway, it was something along those lines.

Last edited:
I guess he liked the script. Glad he doesn't work in promotions, let's hope he's better at acting.

We'll Let You Know rated your post
clear.png
Troll in this thread :laughing:

WE'LL LET YOU TROLL :flowers:

Last edited:
Oh, please stop it! I've been hours reading all the post about Jack Lowden in this page and only found bad comments of people who not even taken the time to see him in movies/series/plays. He's so amazing! Really, an incredible actor. I think he will be really important in a few years, and I felt so pride when I read that he would be Morrissey. Her voice is fantastic () and even if he don't look so much as Morrissey, I think he will do a good job.

17267604_1693137347651588_8987273814828122112_n.jpg

Reckon that Brit Proddy looks nothing like Uncle Steve. Reckon me feel like making a trip to Century City meself to put an end to this "film". Reckon Uncle Steve must be thinking "out of sight out of mind" half a world away in LA.

Oh, please stop it! I've been hours reading all the post about Jack Lowden in this page and only found bad comments of people who not even taken the time to see him in movies/series/plays. He's so amazing! Really, an incredible actor. I think he will be really important in a few years, and I felt so pride when I read that he would be Morrissey. Her voice is fantastic () and even if he don't look so much as Morrissey, I think he will do a good job.

o.k. whatever you say ... Jack. :thumb:

We'll Let You Know rated your post
clear.png
Troll in this thread :laughing:

WE'LL LET YOU TROLL
:flowers:

Last edited:
The "it could almost have been about someone else" has me slightly worried.
When actors go on about "it was just a beautiful script" has me worried also. Beautiful scripts don't necessarily make great films.

When actors go on about "it was just a beautiful script" has me worried also. Beautiful scripts don't necessarily make great films.

Yeah but it is what draws an actor to a project in a lot of cases and I imagine he reads a bunch. From his perspective it makes sense for him to mention it and how much he liked it. I can't understand how it would be cause to worry

Where did you get that last photo from?

Yeah but it is what draws an actor to a project in a lot of cases and I imagine he reads a bunch. From his perspective it makes sense for him to mention it and how much he liked it. I can't understand how it would be cause to worry

I know, the actual interview is barely 1 min long - not much to go on. What we really need is a trailer to get the proverbial pot stirring. :)

Yeah good point but I've just seen a lot of bad films where the cast was in love with the script.

No, but it's hard to make a great or even decent film with a bad script - at least according to some pretty well respected filmmakers here -

https://screenplayscripts.com/quotes-about-screenwriting/

Yeah good point but I've just seen a lot of bad films where the cast was in love with the script.

Probably the script was bad anyways - and the cast had to give some reason for making the movie other than they needed the money. Hopefully that won't be the case here - though it sounds like these filmmakers didn't have much money.

Last edited:
I still think they should have chosen a black or Asian actor. Typical case of Hollywood whitewashing. :(

I can only judge after I seen the movie, think we'll have to wait, what
frightened me a bit it's low budget movie, so it won't be in the big cinema's daily, well Brittain,Ireland maybe .

will it be seen on the mainland of Europe, or wait till it might will be released as DVD after a while.

It's about time the final producing must be finished, as Jack Lowden hasn't seen it...[as I don't believe they see it first on the red carpet show, the 1 rst screening]

Last edited:
This just made me even more excited about the film. He seems so genuine and so professional.

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom