Jack Lowden pictured as Morrissey

oh my... oh no.... no, no, no... i just... ugh... i just, i cant... just no. a BIG no. i mean, they might as well have just picked anyone at this rate. i mean, there is just no trace of any majestic indomitably coiffed kittenish sensitive-eyed rugged-browed ubermensch in this fusty-smelling and inconsequential looking lad

Of all the actors in the world, why why why this one? I dont see anything Morrissey at all :confused: moz.jpg

Of all the actors in the world, why why why this one? I dont see anything Morrissey at all :confused: View attachment 35264

Maybe he will do the acting bit well, though. If the overriding thing were to cast someone who looks like Morrissey, then we'd be pretty much doomed to an awful movie (not that we might not be anyway).

His head clearly isn't big enough to portray Morrissey convincingly. Perhaps if he wore some kind of papier-mache helmet like Frank Sidebottom it might do the trick?

I don't mind that he doesn't look so much like Morrissey (though they could try a little harder with the hair) but would he be wearing headphones and I'm guessing a Walkman back in the late 70's? i though that was more an 80's thing. Or maybe he's listening to a radio?

pictures small but id guess a radio based on the times. i dont know who this guy is but he sure doesnt have the look though maybe the hair will get better as the character ages. didnt morrissey have flatter hair in his seventies days like when he died it blonde

There's gonna be some trouble...

Oh, this is so painfully wrong on so many levels. This is painful.

This is going to make Morrissey popular amongst the kids. At first I thought no now I think not a bad idea at all.

hi crystal! crystal, you seriously think that's whats popular amongst kids? he looks like a moldy overgrown version of that kid that plays young norman bates.

Maybe "popular" is too strong a word, but Emo kids and hipsters will respond to a character like his.
And indeed a young Steven Morrissey was (and still is) as close to his mum as old Norman Bates, lol.

hi crystal! crystal, you seriously think that's whats popular amongst kids? he looks like a moldy overgrown version of that kid that plays young norman bates.

It just really depends on the script and the direction. 'Control', for example, really captured the tortured genius of Ian Curtis. It was directed by Anton Corbijn though. It would be great to have him directing this.

I don't mind that he doesn't look so much like Morrissey (though they could try a little harder with the hair) but would he be wearing headphones and I'm guessing a Walkman back in the late 70's? i though that was more an 80's thing. Or maybe he's listening to a radio?

I have seen pictures from when he was younger, he wasnt sporting a quiff nor did his hair look like he took much care with it

Is the eye colour even right? Those of us who have studied Morrissey's face for decades are bound to be critical. They were filming at Reel Around The Fountain record shop in Stretford Mall on Saturday. I was in there on Friday and the bloke that owns the shop still was unsure of what they were expecting him to do. Sounds like a low budget disorganised attempt at film production. Pilgrimupnorth.

This film will be speculative sludge. I'd much prefer a vintage Moz concert or two released on blu ray than this crap.

This is going to make Morrissey popular amongst the kids. At first I thought no now I think not a bad idea at all.

The 'kids' are queuing up for the next Avengers film. They don't know who The Smiths, Morrissey, The Cure, New Order, Pixies, Depeche Mode, Johnny Marr, Suede, Gene, Lloyd Cole, Siouxsie, etc are. They don't want to know either.

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom