Jack Lowden pictured as Morrissey

oh my... oh no.... no, no, no... i just... ugh... i just, i cant... just no. a BIG no. i mean, they might as well have just picked anyone at this rate. i mean, there is just no trace of any majestic indomitably coiffed kittenish sensitive-eyed rugged-browed ubermensch in this fusty-smelling and inconsequential looking lad

I think he's ok, not even Morrissey looked like him back then, I don't know what's the big deal. What matters is the quality of the film, I can't wait to see it though obviously I'd rather have a film based on the band and not the pre-Smiths years.

Don't have high hopes based on the actor chosen, but what's done, is done I suppose.
*shrug*

Crikey, I reckon they can't have him wearing that trench coat when they travel 3,500 miles to the Grand Canyon and Disneyland to film the scenes when Morrissey was 12 on one of his many vacations to the USA with his aunt and sister. Oh wait, I forgot this is a "B" film. Maybe it's better this way, since they would probably show him wearing the obligatory New York Yankee Baseball Cap that all the Brits and Euros love to wear. Anonymous-

For all those complaining about the casting, remember Daniel Craig looked nothing like James Bond and has been very successful - then again Bond is a fictional character - as is Morrissey...

Maybe "popular" is too strong a word, but Emo kids and hipsters will respond to a character like his.
And indeed a young Steven Morrissey was (and still is) as close to his mum as old Norman Bates, lol.
aw the idea of young morrissey being a mommy's boy is so cute! <3
i dont think there are actually any emos left are there? and as for hipsters, i think they're more apt to respond to a character like this:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/69/c1/64/69c164438fcd8bf8bf9967ea1f92ff9d.jpg
which unfortunately that other character bears absolutely no resemblance to.
not that i care or am invested in any way, as i had no plans on watching it anyway, i just think it's a bit cringe-worthy.

Instead of studying Morrissey's face, study his message.

#MeatIsMurder

Is the eye colour even right? Those of us who have studied Morrissey's face for decades are bound to be critical. They were filming at Reel Around The Fountain record shop in Stretford Mall on Saturday. I was in there on Friday and the bloke that owns the shop still was unsure of what they were expecting him to do. Sounds like a low budget disorganised attempt at film production. Pilgrimupnorth.

think so? too shiny! I think he would have shined them once then after that, forget it,why bother! I'm curious about those headphones. I know he had a tape recorder/player, but portable headphones? 1979/80? maybe if he would bother to splurge and buy them,must have been expensive at that time. From what I know he didn't have that much money so I'm sure most of it went to music related things and post stamps !

You're right, the shoes are too shiny. Damn, they didn't even get the shoes right.

He does resemble Freddie Highmore...

But, Highmore is an incredibly gifted actor and there really aren't a lot of those around these days. I think if Lowden can portray Morrissey from the inside out through expression and movement, then he may well pull it off. I've seen a few actors who can do this even though they looked nothing like the person they're portraying. DiCaprio and Hanks for example. And, Stephen McHattie comes to mind when he played James Dean in 1976.

He does resemble Freddie Highmore.

I felt the same way when I heard Philip Seymour Hoffman had been chosen to portray Truman Capote. He was 5'10. 5'11" and husky, to say the least. When he played Capote, though, he was quite believable. I'm hoping to be happily surprised by Lowden. But you know where hope gets you...

I don't know, physical features aside he sorta looks like this

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...NDMAhWFC8AKHcIOBdUQMwgoKAwwDA&iact=mrc&uact=8

He's got the deflated hair and the trench even if it's dark. I'm on my wife's iPad and have no idea how to post a pic as I've no idea where the brackets are. Hair on lowden also looks like the photo booth pic with him and the bow tie. Wonder if they'll do the bolan hair era with him getting it cut it the beginning of the film. Might even make a nice open shot scene him in the Barbara chair shedding his glam hair

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/17/f3/45/17f34515b24e12d58fe51c93bcb56381.jpg

The 'kids' are queuing up for the next Avengers film. They don't know who The Smiths, Morrissey, The Cure, New Order, Pixies, Depeche Mode, Johnny Marr, Suede, Gene, Lloyd Cole, Siouxsie, etc are. They don't want to know either.

'Kids' don't stand in queue, they cut! they're so rude! no manners! I'll tell you now,back in my day we.....

Don't knock Jack or the film until you have seen it. I have worked on this movie and it is going to be exceptional. The hair on the back of your neck will stand up when you see him doing a 'live' gig performance.

I don't see the appeal. Hopefully, they will gussy him up, I can see a slight resemblance of Morrissey in him.

as if the dr dre headphones aren't bad enough, we certainly didn't walk around with plastic bottled water up here in those days, duck wine from the tap or nowt

All these bio-pics constantly casting pasty-faced white dudes as Moz is getting old, and is borderline racist. It's about time we had a black Morrissey in one of these things.

All these bio-pics constantly casting pasty-faced white dudes as Moz is getting old, and is borderline racist. It's about time we had a black Morrissey in one of these things.

They could cast the singer from the dears. He'd be happy

I think he's ok, not even Morrissey looked like him back then, I don't know what's the big deal. What matters is the quality of the film, I can't wait to see it though obviously I'd rather have a film based on the band and not the pre-Smiths years.

Same! i wonder why there hasn't been a smiths biopic yet? :confused:

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom