Jack Lowden will portray the early life of Morrissey in "Steven"

British entertainment columnist Baz Bamigboye writes the following article about a new movie based on the life of our Moz ,"Steven"

Do you think he looks like Morrissey?

BAZ BAMIGBOYE: Jack's the lad to play Morrissey in new film called 'Steven' - Daily Mail

Excerpt:

Jack Lowden, one of the dashing stars of War & Peace, will portray the early life of the ‘Pope of Mope’, Morrissey until the moment he ditched his Christian name in a new film called Steven.

Lowden, who played soldier heart-throb Nikolai Rostov in the television drama that gripped the nation over the winter, will explore the creative and social forces that led the singer to form The Smiths in the early Eighties.

jack_lowden.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with you. I mean, his look is not everything. Moz' voice and his mannerisms are equally (if not more) important. We have to wait to see if he can manage that one. But a little bit resemblance would be nice. Unfortunately there isn't any, not even a sparkle in the eyes :(

He lacks the jaw and the chin. Let's be honest Moz is all jaw and chin.

- - - Updated - - -

Sam Esty Rainer has a look of Moz. He might be a better choice!! He'd have all the mannerisms too after spending so much time with his Live Uncle.

tumblr_n6p7fiQh1B1qhk0dto1_500.jpg

Yes from the nose up he looks very similar, but from the hair down to his feet he's not an actor.

Wonder how long it will be before Morrissey posts a scathing disavowal on TTY?

He already commented on it and was very civil in his reaction. He also revealed in some interview that he offered his Autobiography to filmstudios. He always embraced the idea of a movie about him. He loves cinema. We should know that.

There will be no Smiths music as it's the pre Smiths years who will be covered in the movie. And even if there would be Smiths songs in it they would have sorted the rights proplem out by now as they begin shooting in a few weeks.

According to the article, the film covers the period 'until the moment he ditched his Christian name'. This didn't happen until after the Smiths had been formed.

Has someone actually seen Jack play on stage? He receives very good reviews.

I see problems. Morrissey is not interested unless:

1. He can control it.
  2. He has an interest in the venture.
  3. He can make money from it.
  4. It was his idea.

1. He can control it.
  4. It was his idea.

Yes, we get it by now. You observed and studied Moz from afar since 1983 and therefore you KNOW him. Don't know what this Mark Gill person is thinking. YOU should make this movie. Apart from that I don't see any problem for you and us if Moz isn't interested in this biopic. I couldn't care less.

Not much of a resemblance really but that photo is misleading... Googled him and he does look a lot younger. Does a good English accent too, so there's that...

Sam Esty Rainer has a look of Moz. He might be a better choice!! He'd have all the mannerisms too after spending so much time with his Live Uncle.

tumblr_n6p7fiQh1B1qhk0dto1_500.jpg

I genuinely think he is being slowly positioned to be Morrissey's 'Heir Apparent'. Next tour I reckon he'll start doing backing vocals, and the odd verse (in the way that Gustavo does now), then when Morrissey finally dies/retires he will take over touring with Boz and the band as a 'tribute' act.

That dude from Twilight looks a bit like Morrissey. Pity he's a proper, big film star..

Yes, we get it by now. You observed and studied Moz from afar since 1983 and therefore you KNOW him. Don't know what this Mark Gill person is thinking. YOU should make this movie. Apart from that I don't see any problem for you and us if Moz isn't interested in this biopic. I couldn't care less.

Or you could put the lid on your ire and point out exactly what is inaccurate about those points. But you won't. Because it's all true, and we can point out numerous examples. But your nebulous reflex kicks I . Yes. We get it by now.

Or you could put the lid on your ire and point out exactly what is inaccurate about those points. But you won't. Because it's all true, and we can point out numerous examples. But your nebulous reflex kicks I . Yes. We get it by now.

And you could point out what any of this has to do with Mark Gill, Jack Lowden and this damn biopic. Nothing, of course. You just like to point the same things out at every opportunity.

He loved The Wrong Boy...

It's not exactly a problem if Morrissey dislikes it anyway.

1. He can control it.
  4. It was his idea.

But why would he come up with an idea to do a film of his life? He's done the Autobiography, written the songs, made the statements, done the interviews... Leave it to others to paint a romanticised/ dramatised version of events. I'd worry if he had any involvement in this, apart from an opinion based upon the finished work.

promises non stop action and excitement. steven in his room pouting. steven at the gay bar.
steven returning from the gay bar. steven in his room pouting.
odds are it wont break any box office records. has to be some sort of tax write off.

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom