Jacqueline Morrissey statement re: England Is Mine (via SER) - "OFFENSIVE misrepresentation"

Sam Esty Rayner Photography / Facebook:

"Mark Gill's England is Mine is a lie.

This is not our family or how we lived.

It is an OFFENSIVE misrepresentation.

He has made a shambles of a glorious opportunity."

-Jacqueline Morrissey
September 5, 2017.

40675_jaqueline_morrissey_statement.png

Closing the stable door...
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone print it out and send to Mark Gill by post so he can nail it at the ceiling of his bedroom.
Cause that's all he's gonna get from Moz.
And it can remind him every time he wakes up about the bad that's been done. By him.

Can someone print it out and send to Mark Gill by post so he can nail it at the ceiling of his bedroom.
Cause that's all he's gonna get from Moz.
And it can remind him every time he wakes up about the bad that's been done. By him.

did you see the film ?

Wow. Very interesting!! Have we EVER heard from Jacqueline?? It seems that M and family werent even contacted on this project. I suspect if they were the director would comment that he tried. Curious to know the whole story (like we ever will:rolleyes:) but am waiting for M to speak out ;)
I have a feeling you've probably had at least twenty different conversations with her here over the years.

oh no, see it first, then boycott it ! :lbf:

Good one!
All I'm saying is I'm not going to buy a ticket to see it in the cinema.
Which won't be that difficult cause the chance it will be in my swampy little country is nihil.
Despite it being so "successful". :rolleyes:

It was a statement from his sister and the reason why she and he feel offended has to do with the complete made up bullshit about his family. The rest he doesn't fuccking care about, cause he already knew it was gonna be apeshit. They didn't contact him. Nor her.
Is that so hard to understand? :popcorn:

From what I can gather you haven't seen the film.
I have.
It is obviously made with affection for Morrissey and does a decent job as a biopic.
They did contact him - he didn't respond .

His father leaves home - fact
His mother supports him - fact
He went to the doctors for prescription drugs - FACT
He spent a lot of time in his bedroom - FACT
Her bickers with his sister at the dining table - don't know this as fact but is this really beyond realms of possibility , and if not is it OFFENSIVE?

Seems more and more Mark Gill made his movie how he wanted

without several important people in young Morrisseys life [ James Maker,family]
it more becomes clearly this is not a sorta Biography in a time of Morrissey's life,
just well known persons [Linder] and his struggle to become a singer in band or
a writer/journalist

I think soon we get a tweet from Morrissey to the press of friends
' maybe Rogan can give him a lift on the M6'

I am positively suprised Morrissey's sister makes a statement, so she really must be offended about the movie.

Last edited:
Why the delay on this comment? Because it's impossible to tell if the film is going to be successful directly after release. If this film had bombed, we would have heard nothing. But it's successful, and the family dynasty don't like it. As I said a few months back - if he's not making any money out of something to do with him, then the shit's gonna hit the fan. And it has. It's all about the money, and it always has been.

Now, let's see who doesn't like this 100% true cold, hard statement of fact. Ooh, one already.

A bit contrived to suit the extreme view that everything he does is for money. Given the body of work he has produced over 30+ years, and the extent to which others borrow from it, I think he's entitled to monetise it as best he can. And who knows what he does with that money - it's his business. For all we know he may channel it to causes that he espouses.

I tend also to agree that he can see a cinematic option in the future that he can control to some extent, and profit from. It therefore suits his agenda to have this film made and to have it monstered.

But - it's an absurd stretch to say that his recent work, and the increasingly political tone springs from a cash grab. "It's about the money and it always has been" - really? Even back in the 80s?

And of course - if he wanted to cash in, he'd pick up the phone to Marr, which I believe.....Mr Skinny has been predicting for about 10 years.

It was a statement from his sister and the reason why she and he feel offended has to do with the complete made up bullshit about his family. The rest he doesn't fuccking care about, cause he already knew it was gonna be apeshit. They didn't contact him. Nor her.
Is that so hard to understand? :popcorn:

Morrissey says he wasn't consulted not that they didn't try to contact him. It's hard to consult when you don't answer or return calls. The filmmakers have zero reason to not want morrisseys input even if they don't completely follow it as they can then promote it based on that and get a lot more press for it. They made a movie based on what morrissey himself said in print and from close associates cause that's the best they had. If morrissey wasn't going to contribute I can't see how his family was gonna contribute

Why the delay on this comment? Because it's impossible to tell if the film is going to be successful directly after release. If this film had bombed, we would have heard nothing. But it's successful, and the family dynasty don't like it. As I said a few months back - if he's not making any money out of something to do with him, then the shit's gonna hit the fan. And it has. It's all about the money, and it always has been.

Now, let's see who doesn't like this 100% true cold, hard statement of fact. Ooh, one already.

On what basis are you concluding that it is successful? You'll do well to find a cinema showing it in the UK outside of the big metropolitan areas.

SOSB

She's giving it coverage. The best way to smother a fire is to give it no air. That said, it must be hard to sit back and accept a film of your life. I never wanted a film about Moz. Give me a concert film anytime. I'll watch England Is Mine for the first time whenever its on TV. Probably soon I reckon.

Like Morrissey-Solo before, it must be hard to accept lies being spread using your name.
But as the film can hardly be called a success it's propbably better to just ignore it, as Moz has very wisely done so far.

I didn't watch it yet. I'm pretty sure it's director's point of view of Morrissey's life and youth.
It's really common real people concerned do not like the result.
In Brazil we have Cazuza's and Renato Russo's biopic which had nothing to do with real life of both singers. But - in general - the audience likes it.

I haven't seen the movie, not available in France yet, but I don't care the movie being a lie if ot is good or if the filmaker has a vision, I hate wikipedia biopics.

An understandable sentiment but odd timing. Why now?
Also, it looks like the words were written by Steve.
If genuine, is this Jacqueline's first ever public proclamation in relation to his celebrity?

"Standing at the stone...Such love shown I've never known." Jacqueline is One Of Our Own.

Last edited:
Wow. Very interesting!! Have we EVER heard from Jacqueline?? It seems that M and family werent even contacted on this project. I suspect if they were the director would comment that he tried. Curious to know the whole story (like we ever will:rolleyes:) but am waiting for M to speak out ;)
The film makers have said that they never approached Morrissey about making the film.

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom