Jacqueline Morrissey statement re: England Is Mine (via SER) - "OFFENSIVE misrepresentation"

Sam Esty Rayner Photography / Facebook:

"Mark Gill's England is Mine is a lie.

This is not our family or how we lived.

It is an OFFENSIVE misrepresentation.

He has made a shambles of a glorious opportunity."

-Jacqueline Morrissey
September 5, 2017.

40675_jaqueline_morrissey_statement.png

Closing the stable door...
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're rude and offensive. I think I've been proved right by the fact his sister has seen fit to comment in this way. Never seen that before. I read his beautifully written autobiography and that's the version of his life that I choose to keep in my mind. Each to their own. Live and let live.
Don't worry. Skinny is a known dick round these parts.

what happened to julia riley, though?

That came to an end due to the power struggle caused by the dildo nephew and his attempts to swamp the zine with his shit montages.
Now ex-communicated/payed off. Twas always a shit site that always failed to keep up to speed with all things "Steve"

#you tell em Jackie, our lass.
#Thou shalt not watch the film England is mine

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

I hate to be an arse and that but that term has been over used for ages and even psychology more or less abandoned it long ago and replaced it with multiple personality disorder or Dissociative identity disorder.

At one time it was cool to throw the shorter term schizo about and god knows me and Rolf used to do that to each other a lot back in the day.

https://psychcentral.com/lib/the-di...izophrenia-and-multiple-personality-disorder/

Not many of the older names for various disorders are still around. Just shows the complexity for a study not based on any real science cause of complications of actually proving these theories.

what happened to julia riley, though?

i looked for her last summer during some of the shows in norway but nada. although she was probably there as she hasn't waited in line like the rest of us unwashed masses.

has anyone spotted her?

I am reading it all over again and the first thing that strikes me it says is: OFFENSIVE misrepresentation.
In other words, it could have been an inoffensive representation.
The fact his sister reacts to it is a strong indication it really hurt as it did her brother. She never gives a public reaction about anything regarding her brother. She can't help her brother getting famous.

Would it have been such a crime to let the family issues not play a role in this so-called bio-pic, or at least not have it the misleading role it has now? His whole family can't help their Moz became famous and they certainly didn't push him.

I think it hurts him too as it happens due to him being famous and he can't do a lot to protect them but at the same time feels responsible as just happens with many families.

I think it is indigenous to drag his family into it like that.
Come on, the man deserves some respect, even if you don't really appreciate him and he has been always controversial.

He's not the only one in British culture but doesn't seem to get that respect as others. I don't understand why compared to them.

I also get the impression he's respected much more in the US.
A situation that is not uncommon either when you think about the saying "A prophet is never honoured in his own country".
Not that he is "a ptophet" to me.
Just a brilliant, magnificent talented singer and lyricist.

Edit:
At least I am glad the BBC doesn't seem that biased to Moz giving him the opportunity to broadcast his show on Radio 6. :thumb:

Last edited:
Obviously, I should know this as I am Sam...
But, has she divorced?
Dropping the Rayner just for this post would be a bit odd.
Regards,
FWD.

I bet you are. If you arent you are
definately a bit sad hanging out on the Gary Barlow look alikes page. Name dropping him and all that stuff. I mean " get a life " mister
As for Sister Morrissey, I bet she couldnt care less. Just Bro getting the family to get publicity.
Sad.
The film looks bad though, its a film for wimpster, shoe gaze Gene, bell and seb fans not smiths/ moz fans

whoa! Wait- a- minute
Mr. Skinny is a moderator? I didn't know that, it makes everything more funny :lbf:
who else is in charge ? URBANUS? :rofl:
I hope so ...

skinny posting like theres no tomorrow.how can someone be a moderator on a site which is a vehicle for a singer called Morrissey yet he detests the person the site is actually for.

Wrong. For the umpteenth time - wrong. I don't think I detest anyone personally. I detest the bigoted statements, I detest the unthinking all-worshipping irrational 'fans' who wait to be told how to think or react. Do your research.

Last edited:
its fine skinny having his own opinion but calling someone a f***nugget when hes in a position of responsibility on here isn't right.

Why not? Who says so? You? Me? David? I'm a poster like anyone else, and I say what I like, whether you or anyone else likes it or not.

Why the delay on this comment? Because it's impossible to tell if the film is going to be successful directly after release. If this film had bombed, we would have heard nothing. But it's successful, and the family dynasty don't like it. As I said a few months back - if he's not making any money out of something to do with him, then the shit's gonna hit the fan. And it has. It's all about the money, and it always has been.

Reckon any boke can get some Brit that looks like Harry Potter and call him Steven because there was no Smiths or Uncle Steve music in this film. I hate how young Uncle Steve was portrayed as some pussy afraid of everyone and everything and there wan't even any parts about trips to the Grand Canyon and Disneyland with sis and Aunt Mary. Reckon I heard Uncle Steve is going to jump the shark at Redondo Beach on Saturday just like the Fonz. Complete bad ass.

did morrissey really go to disneyland as a kid? once when i was like four or five i went to the museum, and for some reason i got it in my head that it was disneyland, and i went around afterward telling everyone that i had been to disneyland. i wasnt one of those kids who always wanted to go to disneyland in the first place so i cant say the experience of it being just like the local museum was a let down, and in any case, i was happy for the bragging opportunity it afforded me.

Moz badly needed an editor, even more so with "List of the Lost."
I still think the childhood section of "Autobiography" was strong.
Gill is from the same area of Manchester, so "osmosis" probably played a role writing and directing the film.
But there's a big difference between talking to people who were there (and perhaps not even using the material) and largely sticking to what you can find out on the web. Yes, thank God for Passions Like Mine, but writers still need to do legwork and face-to-face in IMO.
Still wanna see it, though!

I dunno. Autobiography was a mess in my opinion. At least Marr's is cohesive and linear. Moz's is all over the place. Great first line. Pity about the rest of it.

Why the delay on this comment? Because it's impossible to tell if the film is going to be successful directly after release. If this film had bombed, we would have heard nothing. But it's successful, and the family dynasty don't like it. As I said a few months back - if he's not making any money out of something to do with him, then the shit's gonna hit the fan. And it has. It's all about the money, and it always has been.
There's no 'delay', James Maker denounced the film months ago, right after the film was out. And Moz never wanted anything to do with it in the first place, so his standpoint has always been clear.
The only irrational (non-)fan around here is you, and the lies and bullying from your part are the very low-point on this site.

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom