Jacqueline Morrissey statement re: England Is Mine (via SER) - "OFFENSIVE misrepresentation"

Sam Esty Rayner Photography / Facebook:

"Mark Gill's England is Mine is a lie.

This is not our family or how we lived.

It is an OFFENSIVE misrepresentation.

He has made a shambles of a glorious opportunity."

-Jacqueline Morrissey
September 5, 2017.

40675_jaqueline_morrissey_statement.png

Closing the stable door...
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://scannain.com/review/england-is-mine-review/amp/

There is also Morrissey’s family who are an almost constant sense of stress. His sister (Vivienne Bell) and father (Peter McDonald) believes he should be working, earning a wage and being like everyone else. They both find his introverted attitude a massive annoyance and a hindrance to the family. Thankfully though his mother (Simone Kirby) is a constant avenue of strength that he taps into as the film comes to its final act.

Which would explain why she thinks it is an "offensive" presentation, because it would make any normal person question her and her son's participation in Morrissey's later success, if she was one of the people who gave him a hard time when he needed more support. People with that attitude make life only worse for those in such situations because of the additional stress it creates. So why would Morrissey have his nephew around him so much with his bizarre, unimaginative, sexist photography?

I have been looking for the anonymous post that stated that they didn't see any connection between the Morrissey presentation and the great lyricist he was to become. I have to say, I see no connection between his public image of the great lyricist and icon and whatnot else and the guy whom I saw on stage, especially the things he said on stage, which has led me to believe that he probably has had a ghostwriter for his lyrics and extensive media training from his PR buddies in his early career.

I haven't watched the movie and won't, because Morrissey has often stated that "the past is not me" and the image that I had of him of his early life before The Smiths had been wrong anyway and I don't need another version of it and it is not relevant anymore anyway. This movie would have however of course helped Morrissey with his publicity just like that book with the 10 minutes interviews, because they have kept Morrissey's name in the media, which is real currency for a person who sells media products.

Barone Rafaele's Sister statement re: Dorrissey accosted in Rome (via SER) - "OFFENSIVE misrepresentation"

Events posted on social media accusing my Brother of harassment whilst carrying out his day to day duties have caused huge stress and defamation of character.
The Dorrissey family are absolutely vile scum.

Giulia Nino

BtBB :greatbritain::knife:
(because we must)

I bet you are. If you arent you are
definately a bit sad hanging out on the Gary Barlow look alikes page. Name dropping him and all that stuff. I mean " get a life " mister
As for Sister Morrissey, I bet she couldnt care less. Just Bro getting the family to get publicity.
Sad.
The film looks bad though, its a film for wimpster, shoe gaze Gene, bell and seb fans not smiths/ moz fans
What's really sad is a person trying to perpetuate a joke that is only funny to themselves - and you tell others to get a life - blinkered twat.
Not a single other person on this forum knows what the hell you are dribbling on about - including me.
I frequent one singer's forum - you know, the one you try to place 'witty' asides on that only you chuckle at. I contribute to it - perhaps you could try too without the mental health issues clouding your (in)ability to communicate in a group without looking ridiculous.
Tedious. Tedious, Tedious.

I hate to be an arse and that but that term has been over used for ages and even psychology more or less abandoned it long ago and replaced it with multiple personality disorder or Dissociative identity disorder.

At one time it was cool to throw the shorter term schizo about and god knows me and Rolf used to do that to each other a lot back in the day.

https://psychcentral.com/lib/the-di...izophrenia-and-multiple-personality-disorder/

Not many of the older names for various disorders are still around. Just shows the complexity for a study not based on any real science cause of complications of actually proving these theories.

Thank you Dr. Prof. Urbanus!
You are the best of the psychiatrists making their long distance analyzes from their own couch without even have the possibility to talk to their patients. I sure hope Pernilla wasn't your training object.:eek:

One thing I am sure you are completely right though:
" Just shows the complexity for a study not based on any real science cause of complications of actually proving these theories." :thumb:

Reckon any boke can get some Brit that looks like Harry Potter and call him Steven because there was no Smiths or Uncle Steve music in this film. I hate how young Uncle Steve was portrayed as some pussy afraid of everyone and everything and there wan't even any parts about trips to the Grand Canyon and Disneyland with sis and Aunt Mary. Reckon I heard Uncle Steve is going to jump the shark at Redondo Beach on Saturday just like the Fonz. Complete bad ass.

Great post!
Had to choose between funny or like as rating options.
I want to be able to give 2 ratings to a post.
You will have to do with only funny!

Let's be honest, the lack of cooperation suggests the Morrissey family wouldn't be happy with ANY film, documentary, or even book about Morrissey's early life.

This film could have been any kind of media, in any form, but while its subject was Morrissey, his side would condemn it.

The issue here is that is so predictable I can't even take it as a badge of quality, having not yet seen the film.

Oh, what a surprise, one of the Morrissey camp doesn't like a film about Morrissey.

Morrissey turned down any chance to be involved. I was unaware he even made any attempts to get production shut down.

It's all well and good to call something offensive, but if you don't elaborate on why, it's rather meaningless.

Especially in this era of the professionally, constantly offended.

Thank you Dr. Prof. Urbanus!
You are the best of the psychiatrists making their long distance analyzes from their own couch without even have the possibility to talk to their patients. I sure hope Pernilla wasn't your training object.:eek:

One thing I am sure you are completely right though:
" Just shows the complexity for a study not based on any real science cause of complications of actually proving these theories." :thumb:

Gerrit, there are things called books and some of them are found online. The whole point was to point out that the old term schizo so popular and thrown about by so many isn't what people think it is since the people within psychology changed the term to be about something else.

FYI

It's all well and good to call something offensive, but if you don't elaborate on why, it's rather meaningless.

Especially in this era of the professionally, constantly offended.

Agreed. I can't determine for myself whether it's a trivial complaint or not

I am reading it all over again and the first thing that strikes me it says is: OFFENSIVE misrepresentation.
In other words, it could have been an inoffensive representation.
The fact his sister reacts to it is a strong indication it really hurt as it did her brother. She never gives a public reaction about anything regarding her brother. She can't help her brother getting famous.

Would it have been such a crime to let the family issues not play a role in this so-called bio-pic, or at least not have it the misleading role it has now? His whole family can't help their Moz became famous and they certainly didn't push him.

I think it hurts him too as it happens due to him being famous and he can't do a lot to protect them but at the same time feels responsible as just happens with many families.

I think it is indigenous to drag his family into it like that.
Come on, the man deserves some respect, even if you don't really appreciate him and he has been always controversial.

He's not the only one in British culture but doesn't seem to get that respect as others. I don't understand why compared to them.

I also get the impression he's respected much more in the US.
A situation that is not uncommon either when you think about the saying "A prophet is never honoured in his own country".
Not that he is "a ptophet" to me.
Just a brilliant, magnificent talented singer and lyricist.

Edit:
At least I am glad the BBC doesn't seem that biased to Moz giving him the opportunity to broadcast his show on Radio 6. :thumb:

Well said, Boz! Your master will be pleased.

Reckon any boke can get some Brit that looks like Harry Potter and call him Steven because there was no Smiths or Uncle Steve music in this film. I hate how young Uncle Steve was portrayed as some pussy afraid of everyone and everything and there wan't even any parts about trips to the Grand Canyon and Disneyland with sis and Aunt Mary. Reckon I heard Uncle Steve is going to jump the shark at Redondo Beach on Saturday just like the Fonz. Complete bad ass.
Aztec, are you by any chance a cousin of Benny the British builder, separated by miles of ocean but both cultural crankfrauds? I think you're from the US and Benny is a British bulldog, but I could be wrong! It's just both of you make me laugh. Do you like reading 2000AD? The Mek-Quake character from ABC Warriors speaks a lot like you. I'm not saying that's a bad thing.

Well said, Boz! Your master will be pleased.

Ha, ha, you know me Eric!
Anything for the master.
Personally I might have to consider the possibility I have to wear a f*** England Is Mine shirt. :(
But thinking about the press, the revenues, I concur of course.
A man has got to eat and provide for his family!:cool:

Since apparently they had the right to make a biopic by their own, she has the right to say it is offensive and does not reflect the truth about her family.

Since apparently they had the right to make a biopic by their own, she has the right to say it is offensive and does not reflect the truth about her family.

Stop being a stupid 4ck-nugget :rolleyes:
Why did she wait until the day before the bots could pre-order the film online before delivering the proxy statement Steve prepared ?
The family Steve have enjoyed the free publicity and now it's cut off time. From today Steve has NOTHING to gain from it.
It really is that simple. :thumb: (You 4ck nugget you :tiphat:)

#England is mine, such a shame I couldn't put something back for the people of Manchester at the arena opening tmrw night after the awful terrorist atrocity three months ago.

#High skool musical out early November

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Personally, I wouldn't pay money to see this movie. In my opinion this movies' target audience are the young and impressionable. Those born in the last 15 years who are pissing themselves to win an EIM poster signed by Jack Lowden. No Gracias. These are the same people who swear by 500 days of summer, which I have never seen either save for the parts that have been shoved into my face with an accompanying phrase the likes of " you should watch this movie because they talk about The Smiths!" Why couldn't the elevator collapse then and roll the credits.
From what I've seen about biopics and the like is there is always a villain. For example the movie rockstar the brother was quite villainous as he would put down the younger brother constantly at the dining room table. Without even seeing the film I can inferr that perhaps this is the same sentiment portrayed in EIM.
I don't mind having to wait for the bootleg version to upload.

I attended a Q & A with Mark Gill in New York, and Mark addressed the topic of contacting Johnny & Morrissey about the film. Mark says that out of respect, every step of the way (pre-production, writing, shooting, etc.), his team contacted Morrissey about the film (I presume that the purpose of contacting Morrissey was to get a blessing, or to receive his input about the project). Mark says they none of his attempts to contact Morrissey though the appropriate channels were answered. Mark did, however, run into Johnny at an event in Manchester, and received encouraging words from him about the project.
Thank you for this info.

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom