James Blunt defends Morrissey's comments; other Morrissey Nobel concert press

Re: Favorable article about Morrisseys presence in Oslo (norwegian newspaper)

To use this thread to gather all news about the event, there was a press conference with the artists today. James Blunt was asked if it was right for Morrissey to appear at the concert. He responded with something like "Of course it's right for him to play here. It's the week of Mandelas death and he talked about compassion and understanding. I don't know what [Morrissey] said, but we must forgive and move on."

O4859wv.jpg

:( You didn't even say hello.

R'uh r'oh!

....And on the topic of James Blunt I actually listened to "Some Kind Of Trouble" and "Moon Landing" last night. What terrible clangers. I didn't mind one or two songs off his first two albums, but he hasn't matched anything from his début.

The evidence should be produced by the accuser, not the accused.

So the evidence in my trial is that I pm'd THREE people offering the opinion that a poster was manic? You guys can post shit all day long about Morrissey asking for him to be shot and saying he's a coward for not being your flavor of sexual and he's looking old and on and on, and I'M the criminal for calling out one of the spin doctors IN PRIVATE? Lol.

Maybe realitybites should be john lennoned? :straightface: OH NOT HER! You guys realize she's like defending ads on Youtube videos, right? Her agenda is to turn all conversations about her. Like now. She is winning.

I specifically warned you not to f*** with me, CG. I don't like bullies.

I don't PM people warnings, I don't. That's your BFF's schizophrenia bubbling up.

...and I'M the criminal for calling out one of the spin doctors IN PRIVATE? Lol.
She is winning.

Yesterday you didn't do it, and today you did? Have I got that right?

The problem is that once you have been caught in a lie, what else can be believed?

I warned you, but in return you essentially called me a liar. I don't intend to publish the rest or share it with anyone, but please, just remember the day I made you look like a complete fool in three posts flat. Others will, so you might as well.

Here, have a new avatar...

94fe9pL.jpg

:rolleyes:

You're getting there. Room for improvement.

O4859wv.jpg

U6AKiGg.jpg

I've made my point. Let's move on.

Wow. And not even a hello first? Clearly you are not the only one. Sadly one of the people she has warned, who used to be my friend, drank the CG Kool-Aid. He won't be posting the warning that he told me he got.

Thanks so much Johnny for exposing CG as the liar she is. I am bookmarking this thread in case this issue ever comes up again.

I had a memory lapse, it was probably all the fat clogging my morbidly obese brain.

I didn't call you fat, my dear. I called you chubby. No (permanent) offence intended, and if you indeed took offence, I apologise unreservedly. :)

I consider this matter closed.

Please let people decide if they believe, I'm a Roman Catholic, and I believe in God

I respect that you're an atheist

everyone his own opinion, well there's 1 clown on solo who believes he/she/it can kick and bully everyone, but that's not you

I am glad you don't think I am a bully clown. :) I should be more careful when I express my opinions. Use qualifiers instead of being so blunt. Blunt in the Blunt thread. Hehe. Perhaps I feel that, or I believe that, would soften the blows. But you see, I walk like a lady, but talk like a man. (Men rarely use qualifiers.) Please know that I mean no harm--especially to you, who I consider a very nice person.

I can't guarantee I will be more sensitive in the future. Just know that, I don't know for a fact that there is no god. Even if I say things like, there is no god. It really, in the end, is just my opinion, my belief. I just don't believe in god(s) because there is not enough evidence to support such a belief--for me. It is the same for pink elephants. I don't see any evidence to support that there are pink elephants. So I don't believe in them. If evidence is presented to me that there is a god, I will change my opinion. I am open to the idea that I could be wrong.

Last edited:
You make claims without evidence.

Such as your repeated claim that Skylarker--and you say you're "100% certain"--made those anonymous posts?

I think Johnny used the word template as a euphemism for PM with a warning.

He used the word correctly, in a sense you misunderstood. Attempting to parrot him, you misused it as a synonym for the noun form of "original."

Compare and contrast Hitchens' article with my blog post.

This is not plagiarism. It is a historical fact that the royal family was a Nazi appeaser. And therefore, this little detail being left out of the film, The Kings Speech, makes it historically inaccurate and unworthy of the Oscar. This is a fact both he and I discuss in our very different pieces.

Oh my God, is this your ridiculous argument--that since you tacked onto Hitchens' piece the sentiment "and therefore it shouldn't win an Oscar," you think you wrote something "very different"?!

Perhaps I should have said Hitchens states that... and credited him?

Uh, yeah, maybe???

Perhaps you should have mentioned that every point you made about the historical inaccuracies you were writing about was taken from a Christopher Hitchens Slate piece from days before, ya think?! You don't even mention Hitchens or Slate! Are you really this dumb? In the context of an e-book no one will ever read called "Hitchens and Me," it's just stupid. But you've posted it elsewhere, without any mention of Hitchens or Slate, and in those instances, it's flat-out plagiarism. No question. Any professional writer would have been fired for this. You must know this. Please tell me you know this.

And you include things like this: "Most viewers are probably ignorant to the facts, particularly Americans who don't even have a clear understanding of their own country's history." Or Americans who didn't read Slate the previous week? The arrogance! The dishonesty! I really can't believe it.

This is your problem, your central problem, your biggest problem, ultimately maybe your only problem: you will not stop pretending to be someone you're not.

Skylarker didn't post those, you edited the quote to read like he did. :squiffy: Isn't that technically plagiarism?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom