James Blunt defends Morrissey's comments; other Morrissey Nobel concert press

Re: Favorable article about Morrisseys presence in Oslo (norwegian newspaper)

To use this thread to gather all news about the event, there was a press conference with the artists today. James Blunt was asked if it was right for Morrissey to appear at the concert. He responded with something like "Of course it's right for him to play here. It's the week of Mandelas death and he talked about compassion and understanding. I don't know what [Morrissey] said, but we must forgive and move on."

But you're misrepresenting that Skylarker is actively posting here on nothing but a hunch you have. If anyone is just joining this trainwreck and reads your post it LOOKS LIKE skylarker is posting when it's just your mental instability filling in the gaps. You are misrepresenting a truth.

But you're misrepresenting that Skylarker is actively posting here on nothing but a hunch you have. If anyone is just joining this trainwreck and reads your post it LOOKS LIKE skylarker is posting when it's just your mental instability filling in the gaps. You are misrepresenting a truth.

I have all the evidence I need. And I don't need to share this evidence publicly.

Just ask yourself this, why hasn't Kewpie appeared with a refutation of my claim? She always does this when an anonymous person is accused of being a regular poster. But not now. Not in this case. She was on the boards earlier. She read this thread. My post. Why is she silent? Because I am correct. It is true.

I have all the evidence I need. And I don't need to share this evidence publicly.

Just ask yourself this, why hasn't Kewpie appeared with a refutation of my claim? She always does this when an anonymous person is accused of being a regular poster. But not now. Not in this case. She was on the boards earlier. She read this thread. My post. Why is she silent? Because I am correct. It is true.

*sigh*

Again you are wrong.

*sigh*

Again you are wrong.

You just admitted in the Members Pics thread that you don't know for a fact it is not him. Even David knows he can't know for certain. So quit stating you know these things to be facts. I mean seriously. Stop already.

"And you lied in the Blunt thread saying the troll is not Skylarker. It is. My evidence trumps your silly IP evidence, especially when he is using a proxy." ~ RB

I keep watching the move of some users and ask about them the site administrator. If he says leave it, I have to follow his words.

Note: One, Two

Last edited:
I made the posts.

I'm not Skylarker. (Thank God.)

I also made the vast majority of those posts, in the past, which complimented or encouraged realitybites. They were sarcastic.

I hope everybody's having a great holiday season.

Very ugly thread indeed
It only highlights the personality traits of certain posters ie the ones who want to conquer the planet. Sad.

I made the posts.

I'm not Skylarker. (Thank God.)

I also made the vast majority of those posts, in the past, which complimented or encouraged realitybites. They were sarcastic.

I hope everybody's having a great holiday season.[/QUOTE]

Same to you. (sarcastically). ;)

If this thread gets anymore out of hand we're going to have to call in the chicken police.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this thread gets anymore out of hand we're going to have to call in the chicken police.

I think later in that video we learn the horrible truth about Easter eggs and where they come from.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am glad you don't think I am a bully clown. :) I should be more careful when I express my opinions. Use qualifiers instead of being so blunt. Blunt in the Blunt thread. Hehe. Perhaps I feel that, or I believe that, would soften the blows. But you see, I walk like a lady, but talk like a man. (Men rarely use qualifiers.) Please know that I mean no harm--especially to you, who I consider a very nice person.

I can't guarantee I will be more sensitive in the future. Just know that, I don't know for a fact that there is no god. Even if I say things like, there is no god. It really, in the end, is just my opinion, my belief. I just don't believe in god(s) because there is not enough evidence to support such a belief--for me. It is the same for pink elephants. I don't see any evidence to support that there are pink elephants. So I don't believe in them. If evidence is presented to me that there is a god, I will change my opinion. I am open to the idea that I could be wrong.

when I was younger, I thought like you

but a couple of things in my life happened, I won't re-write them, where I could've been died by crashed on my bike by a car , my bike went under the car ,
me with my face through the window shield [I love Karen I love Sharon], or losing my eye, by airgun, and being held in coma due double pneumonia for 5 days, and being on IC for 11 nights [12 days] and 8 on the recover...so I started to think, really after the carcrash,at that crosspoint 2 weeks later a young boy on a scooter was also crashed by a car though he didn't survive, his Grandad sipped bottles of Jenever [a Dutch alcoholic drink 48 %,' btw I'm a NON alcoholic']
in a day centre where someone worked who I live with, those things can think there must be more than just the way I thought earth became a living planet by just little molecuairs.

I believe theres something , something that can not be described, well I went to say I believe in God, I'm not a biblethumber but do waear a rosary
[no has nothing to do with Morrissey's ' I've forgiven Jesus, nor wearing His holy cross .]

That's short bit, thanks for your, you know, I accepted it

Respect.

'and they say he's mentall'....scarface satelite....

Last edited:

but a couple of things in my life happened, I won't re-write them, where I could've been died by crashed on my bike by a car , my bike went under the car ,
me with my face through the window shield [I love Karen I love Sharon], or losing my eye, by airgun, and being held in coma due double pneumonia for 5 days, and being on IC for 11 nights [12 days] and 8 on the recover...so I started to think, really after the carcrash,at that crosspoint 2 weeks later a young boy on a scooter was also crashed by a car though he didn't survive, his Grandad sipped bottles of Jenever [a Dutch alcoholic drink 48 %,' btw I'm a NON alcoholic']
in a day centre where someone worked who I live with, those things can think there must be more than just the way I thought earth became a living planet by just little molecuairs.

I believe theres something , something that can not be described, well I went to say I believe in God, I'm not a biblethumber but do waear a rosary
[no has nothing to do with Morrissey's ' I've forgiven Jesus, nor wearing His holy cross .]

Respect.

Well, it is said that as people get older they tend to move to the right and toward god.
Thankfully, in my case, the opposite is true.
What do you think RB?

Respect.

Thanks for sharing these things. You have been through a lot. I am glad that you have found meaning for it all. And that belief is a source of strength and purpose for you.

I too have been close to death numerous times. But I was raised in a secular home. No church, no religious instruction, no praying. No mention of the word god, even, in our home. Religion was something the kids across the street participated in. Not us. I adopted the label atheist at fifteen, in a way, to defend myself from the onslaught of people asking me what religion I was all the time. If you simply said none, they would literally try to convert you, save you. I needed to stand my ground, put up a barrier, of sorts. The US was, and still is, a very religious nation.

I learned on my own what religion and the bible was later in life, mostly at the university from humanities, philosophy, and religions studies classes. I learned about all the various religions out there... more from a sociological perspective. The more I learned, the stronger I identified with atheism. Education cemented non-belief in my mind. Anyhow, as I mentioned I too have suffered many losses, but I was never given the tools to pray. Never told it was an option for meaning or comfort. Now, at this ripe age, it would be like snuggling a teddy bear for comfort. It may make me feel better. But I believe that personal comfort, is where prayer ends. It does not connect us with a force outside of our own minds. Just my opinion, though.

So, I coped for all those years without it. I know there is NOTHING that will make me believe in god, short of evidence for one. I am a skeptic. If there is no evidence, there is no such thing--in my mind. It would be the equivalent of me believing in Santa Claus because it would give Christmas history, meaning, and make it more magical. It is magical enough for me just with the songs and lights and people gathering together for a meal or to exchange gifts.

My point is, I don't feel a void. I don't feel my life lacks meaning, or purpose, or is chaotic without god. I'm OK without one.

Last edited:
Well, it is said that as people get older they tend to move to the right and toward god.
Thankfully, in my case, the opposite is true.
What do you think RB?

I think this is true, for some. I'll just address the god part. As politics is not my area of interest (or expertise). I think people who were raised with religion, are often drawn back to it later in life, as they get older. Perhaps when they have children and when they age and face their own mortality--go through an existential crisis of sorts. But I think those who never believed in god, and those who are highly intelligent and educated, are not as susceptible. They accept reality for what it is. They know that they must create meaning for their own lives. And that when life ends, that is it. Time's up--for them. But the world will go on without them. They accept this 'sad' truth. Death is a part of life, an event we will all experience. No more mysterious than birth. We are each just a chapter in a never ending book. Our story ends, but the book continues to be written...

Last edited:
I think this is true, for some. I'll just address the god part. As politics is not my area of interest (or expertise). I think people who were raised with religion, are often drawn back to it later in life, as they get older. Perhaps when they have children and when they age and face their own mortality--go through and existential crisis of sorts. But I think those who never believed in god, and those who are highly intelligent and educated, are not as susceptible. They accept reality for what it is. They know that they must create meaning for their own lives. And that when life ends, that is it. Time's up--for them. But the world will go on without them. They accept this 'sad' truth. Death is a part of life, an event we will all experience. No more mysterious than birth. We are each just a chapter in a never ending book. Our story ends, but the book continues to be written...
The sort of thoughtful and intelligent response I have come to expect from the excellent Reality.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom