James Maker makes statement re: "England is Mine"

Via James Maker's FB:
(Text included as this type of post tends to vanish eventually).

Statement: 'ENGLAND IS MINE' (film)

According to the trailer of 'England Is Mine', Morrissey was an autistic, retiring creature with both curly hair and a natural crimp, who had to be physically pushed into becoming a singer by a well-meaning friend (one who did not actually communicate with Morrissey throughout The Smiths' success). Worse, they have put him in a green duffle coat and given him not one line of the Morrissyean wit we have all come to know. It is not a biopic, but historical fiction. A strange move, considering that those formative years have been so abundantly well-documented.

I knew him then, and I knew the house at 384 Kings Road. Morrissey’s mother should sue the filmmakers on their misrepresentation of her curtaining, alone. But the fact is, this is not Morrissey. The premise that if Morrissey could be a singer, then anybody could, is disingenuous, and rather insulting to his original talent as an artist.

At the time, and previous to the formation of The Smiths, Morrissey had very few close friends. This is documented in Morrissey’s memoir, ‘Autobiography’, and my memoir, ‘AutoFellatio’. I do not appear in the film, and characters who did not exist in real life are invented by the film-makers.

I am relieved not to be included, because if they can portray the protagonist as a person with crimped hair who relies upon guiding hands on shoulders, to thrust him through life’s revolving doors, then I am merely someone who, miraculously, managed to venture further than the 'NO BALL GAMES' sign posted adjacent to my bedroom window.

James Maker

Ouch!
Regards,
FWD.

would anyone want a film made about their life,i certainly wouldn't.too many skeletons in my big cupboard.

Hollywood is about to knock on your door.

'It is not a biopic, but historical fiction. A strange move, considering that those formative years have been so abundantly well-documented....This is documented in Morrissey’s memoir, ‘Autobiography’, and my memoir, ‘AutoFellatio’. 'I do not appear in the film, and characters who did not exist in real life are invented by the film-makers. ' James Maker.

James Maker's writing is almost as bad as Morrissey's strangulated pose. Almost. Why has James Maker written a 'memoir'? Of what? The mind recoils in horror at the thought of such a tome given the dire prose skills evidenced in this social media post.

Anyone who thinks Morrissey's 'Autobiography' is a biopic rather than historical fiction aiming to orchestrate a posthumous hagiography is away with the fairies. His early years have been 'so abundantly well-documented' by a Praetorian Guard of losers who are deeply invested in the collapsed Myths Of Morrissey to fund their dotage, none more so than the florid & ridiculously overwrought James Maker. I saw his histrionic band once in Hampstead during the 80s. He was beyond satire, drenched in Poundland camp cliches that would have seemed over-done in a Carry On film. The characters in Morrissey's 'Autobiography 'did not exist in real life' and are 'invented by...'...the author. And that spurious re-invention was always underpinned and shored up by camp followers like James Maker.

Mr Maker writes 'I am relieved not to be included'. Was he offered a cameo role shaking his tambourine at some early gig by The Smiths? Or does he mean no actor was scripted to represent his own inauthentic sub-Bowie reinvention via cultural signals? The fact that Morrissey achieved a certain economic return on his sub-Bowie, sub-Wilde sham doesn't mean he's any more worthy of attention that all the rest of them, from George O'Dowd to Martin Degville and....it pains me to even recall those insipid creatures masquerading as 'radical Art'.

I am looking forward to chortling at this film. The fact that there have been so few attempts to convey the significance of this wannabe global superstar & icon by renowed auteurs is deeply significant. Morrissey publicly stated he dedicated his life to the pursuit of fame, it's a deeply nourishing outcome that he has signally failed to achieve it. I am also looking forward to the next installment of Morrissey's mid-life comic stand-up singer routine which I understand he is now wracking his exhausted persona to try and come up with something that isn't entirely risible. If he faces up to his abject failure to achieve fame and iconic status beyond the credulous, if he muses on mortality in any way that isn't trolling cancer, if he has anything to say about terrorism beyond how it might improve his public image and bank account and if his current 'Dad Rock with World Music flourishes' backing circus troop can come up with a few decent tunes then there might be one last round of smirks in the stalls and gurgles in the circle to enjoy. He also needs to square the circle of having spent 35 years lambasting meat-eaters whilst drenched in the blood of cows who died to satisfy his dairy cravings. Good luck with that one, Morrissey!

I hope the 'community' is well and looking forward to another mutual co-dependency engagement with Morrissey when he announces another lifeless trek around dispiriting venues in some forlorn attempt to make the world listen to his mildly engaging singing voice via increasingly silly public tantrums about every subject he cares to troll.

I'll be back at some stage before/after the album but having just spent a month following Kraftwerk around Europa I'm in need of a lovely English summer in the garden listening to 'Aerial' by Kate Bush. Kraftwerk are now recognised as equal to The Beatles in importance. There is absolutey no way Morrissey's influence can now ever extend beyond helping mentally disturbed people find a putative persona that may lift them from existential despair via studying the disturbed persona that is the fictional being known as 'Morrissey'.

BB

MORRISSEY ESCAPES.... UNSCATHED !!!

THEY CAN NOT FRAME THE.... ENIGMA!!!

:rock::rock::rock::rock:

And Linder responds (re: 'England Is Mine')....

Last edited:

MORRISSEY ESCAPES.... UNSCATHED !!!

THEY CAN NOT FRAME THE.... ENIGMA!!!

:rock::rock::rock::rock:

"No one can hold a candle to you"is in my top 3 list of best covers Moz has ever done. And it is number 1. :thumb:
Legendary and quite unique version at MEN!
Cheerio Ketamine Sun! :)

I agree. Ironically, just yesterday I read Maker's anecdote about how the bus driver tried to feed Moz & Maker to the wolves and Moz said he refused to alight. How awesome would that be in the movie? How cool of Moz to plant witty postcards around Manchester. It's like the #VeganChalkChallenge (do it!) Well, personally I could write a much better screenplay because I'm basically a Moz expert. I wish there was a Moz game show so I could go on it and win big prizes.

#VivaVeganMoz

YES !!!

YES!!!!

and...

YES.

:cool:

I've never been to one of his Faires, but I hear they're pretty fun.

James is his own person and doesn't speak for M, you f***ing dumbshit moron. When will you die?

Hi Ed,
Just for aesthetical reasons I decided to rate your post informative.
Now the major part of the ones available are nicely arranged underneath your post. Haven't seen that for a while!
I still had the option to rate it positively so grabbed it immediately.

'It is not a biopic, but historical fiction. A strange move, considering that those formative years have been so abundantly well-documented....This is documented in Morrissey’s memoir, ‘Autobiography’, and my memoir, ‘AutoFellatio’. 'I do not appear in the film, and characters who did not exist in real life are invented by the film-makers. ' James Maker.

James Maker's writing is almost as bad as Morrissey's strangulated pose. Almost. Why has James Maker written a 'memoir'? Of what? The mind recoils in horror at the thought of such a tome given the dire prose skills evidenced in this social media post.

Anyone who thinks Morrissey's 'Autobiography' is a biopic rather than historical fiction aiming to orchestrate a posthumous hagiography is away with the fairies. His early years have been 'so abundantly well-documented' by a Praetorian Guard of losers who are deeply invested in the collapsed Myths Of Morrissey to fund their dotage, none more so than the florid & ridiculously overwrought James Maker. I saw his histrionic band once in Hampstead during the 80s. He was beyond satire, drenched in Poundland camp cliches that would have seemed over-done in a Carry On film. The characters in Morrissey's 'Autobiography 'did not exist in real life' and are 'invented by...'...the author. And that spurious re-invention was always underpinned and shored up by camp followers like James Maker.

Mr Maker writes 'I am relieved not to be included'. Was he offered a cameo role shaking his tambourine at some early gig by The Smiths? Or does he mean no actor was scripted to represent his own inauthentic sub-Bowie reinvention via cultural signals? The fact that Morrissey achieved a certain economic return on his sub-Bowie, sub-Wilde sham doesn't mean he's any more worthy of attention that all the rest of them, from George O'Dowd to Martin Degville and....it pains me to even recall those insipid creatures masquerading as 'radical Art'.

I am looking forward to chortling at this film. The fact that there have been so few attempts to convey the significance of this wannabe global superstar & icon by renowed auteurs is deeply significant. Morrissey publicly stated he dedicated his life to the pursuit of fame, it's a deeply nourishing outcome that he has signally failed to achieve it. I am also looking forward to the next installment of Morrissey's mid-life comic stand-up singer routine which I understand he is now wracking his exhausted persona to try and come up with something that isn't entirely risible. If he faces up to his abject failure to achieve fame and iconic status beyond the credulous, if he muses on mortality in any way that isn't trolling cancer, if he has anything to say about terrorism beyond how it might improve his public image and bank account and if his current 'Dad Rock with World Music flourishes' backing circus troop can come up with a few decent tunes then there might be one last round of smirks in the stalls and gurgles in the circle to enjoy. He also needs to square the circle of having spent 35 years lambasting meat-eaters whilst drenched in the blood of cows who died to satisfy his dairy cravings. Good luck with that one, Morrissey!

I hope the 'community' is well and looking forward to another mutual co-dependency engagement with Morrissey when he announces another lifeless trek around dispiriting venues in some forlorn attempt to make the world listen to his mildly engaging singing voice via increasingly silly public tantrums about every subject he cares to troll.

I'll be back at some stage before/after the album but having just spent a month following Kraftwerk around Europa I'm in need of a lovely English summer in the garden listening to 'Aerial' by Kate Bush. Kraftwerk are now recognised as equal to The Beatles in importance. There is absolutey no way Morrissey's influence can now ever extend beyond helping mentally disturbed people find a putative persona that may lift them from existential despair via studying the disturbed persona that is the fictional being known as 'Morrissey'.

BB

There must be a difference between historical fiction or fictitious history.
Why oh why should I search for it any longer if not even you can point it out to me, BrummieBoy?
I need a drink now.

Nice one James. Don't forget James has been around for many years. And he was dancing before I was 10.....not that this matters but he can sing too.

It truly beggars belief that someone, from nowhere, could write a script for a movie to make money using Morrissey's name, without discussing or agreeing the script for said movie, with the person(s) that the entire movie is - allegedly - about.

I heard the other day that no actual music by "The Smiths" has been allowed nor has it been requested, from the relevant authorities, probably because they cannot pay the suitable and sufficient license fees that would be involved. Happy 4th July you money grabbing bastards.

And if they are sued for this ignorant and foolish behaviour, some days ahead perhaps, then the stupid fools really have only themselves to blame.

Hazard.
4th July 2017

As was predicted. No money being made by the subject, and the slaggings begin.

Yeah. Or maybe, you know -and bear with me; I know it's a stretch- somebody who was actually there is calling bullshit on a crap film that is capitalizing on somebody else's legacy without any official endorsement or involvement from the people at the heart of the narrative.

But let me guess: "oh do sod off, you thick c***, etc etc."

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom