jamie oliver comments

Anyone find what he said really silly? Yes, Jamie Oliver is a meat-chef and Morrissey despises the consumption of meat, but considering what Mr Oliver has campaigned for in terms of healthier school dinners, it is something to be commended. It would have made more sense if the rant had been on Mr Ramsay.

Aside from the fact Jamie Oliver slit somethings throat on telly, perhaps Moz just hates him for the same reason the rest of the population does. All the mockney rubbish.

As someone who works in that industry (pastry chef), I find Oliver a loathsome human being. Everything he has done from his mockney accent to getting those dole kids into his kitchen has been for the sake of publicity.

The only intelligent thing about Oliver is the PR machine that controls him. I was particularly riled when he did that show with the unemployed, out of control teens. Why not give the opportunity to some working class kids already struggling for a break within the industry or at catering college. I suppose a bunch of well behaved, enthusiastic teenagers does not make good tv.

Did anyone hear the single he released, that was hilarious - not in a good way!

Thats my rant over.

JIM

Last edited:
Does anyone have the clip of Jamie Oliver killing the lamb*?
Was it broadcast on TV?

*Thanks to lilikoi for the animal! :D

Last edited:
Does anyone have the clip of Jamie Oliver killing the ______*?
Was it broadcast on TV?

*please fill in the blank! :D

from wikipedia
In 2005, Oliver was slammed by journalists, animal welfare campaigners, and some members of the public, who were shocked to see him slaughtering a lamb on his TV show, "Jamie's Great Escape". Millions of viewers watched as Oliver cut the animal's throat. In the scene, which took place in Italy, a lamb, which had not first been stunned, was hung upside down by its legs. Oliver then slit its throat and helped skin it for a feast. Oliver was in violation of EU laws which protect animals from this method of slaughter. There were calls for Oliver to be prosecuted for cruelty to animals.

well, yes - once again I totally agree with Morrissey. VIVA MOZ

Last edited:
Live animal slaughter? Is that true? I don't want a link, just confirmation?

from wikipedia
In 2005, Oliver was slammed by journalists, animal welfare campaigners, and some members of the public, who were shocked to see him slaughtering a lamb on his TV show, "Jamie's Great Escape". Millions of viewers watched as Oliver cut the animal's throat. In the scene, which took place in Italy, a lamb, which had not first been stunned, was hung upside down by its legs. Oliver then slit its throat and helped skin it for a feast. Oliver was in violation of EU laws which protect animals from this method of slaughter. There were calls for Oliver to be prosecuted for cruelty to animals.

:eek:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=368300&in_page_id=1773

Jamie Oliver's trip to Italy has landed him in further controversy after he was shown on TV slitting a lamb's throat while it was still conscious.

In a programme broadcast before the 9pm watershed and watched by many youngsters, the animal was held down as the chef pushed a knife into its neck.

Should the slaughter have been shown pre-watershed? Tell us below on reader comments

Afterwards the 30-year-old father of two, who has a large number of young fans thanks to series such as Jamie's School Dinners, described the experience as "pretty emotional - pretty hard-core".

He added: "It's a beautiful creature, but it is tasty and we are top of the food chain. A chef who has cooked 2,000 sheep should kill at least one, otherwise you're a fake."

Channel 4 received dozens of complaints after the programme in the series Jamie's Great Escape, shown at 8.30pm on Wednesday.

It also horrified animal welfare groups which said it was "inhumane" because the lamb had not been stunned first - a legal requirement in the UK. This would have left it unconscious and unable to feel pain. They added that Oliver should be "thoroughly ashamed of himself".

High-profile chef

The chef's profile has increased greatly after his crusade to improve school meals, which led to the Government pledging action on junk food.

His latest series follows him around Italy in a camper van attempting to rediscover his love of food. It has already run into trouble after the Italian Embassy complained about adverts showing Oliver hanging upside down from a meat hook. They said the Mafia-style theme "stereotype" their country.

Wednesday night's instalment saw him spending time with a farmer in the region of Le Marche.

When the farmer's family decided to hold a party for Oliver, he was nominated to kill a lamb for the feast.

The animal had its legs tied together and was held to the ground with a cloth over its eyes. Oliver was shown saying: "It's not quite like Sainsbury, is it? I do not know what to do.

"I do not know if I can do it, man. They want me to kill a lamb. I have never done that before."

He was handed a small knife but was seen hesitating before the farmer guided his hand to where he should cut.

The camera showed the knife going into the lamb's neck before switching to the grimacing chef's face, then panned out and filmed the rest of the slaughter from a distance. When it focused back in, the lamb was dead.

In the UK animals must be killed on licensed premises and must first be stunned - normally with a bolt to the head.

However both the Jewish and Muslim faiths are exempt from this law because their religions demand animals are killed with a single cut to the throat.

Italian rules

Italians are allowed to kill animals in their own homes if it is for personal consumption but an EU directive states they must be prestunned. In this case, it was ignored.

Philip Lymbery, chief executive of Compassion In World Farming, said: "It's disappointing that Jamie Oliver involved himself in the slaughter of an animal in such a way that fell far short of legal requirements and therefore caused unnecessary pain and suffering."

A spokesman for Advocates For Animals said: "If animals are to be killed for food it is widely acknowledged that the most humane way is for them to be stunned beforehand. This kind of brutal slaughter shows no compassion or respect for the poor animal."

And John Beyer, of the pressure group Mediawatch, said: "The slaughter of animals on television is something that would be shocking for young children. It might be all right for a butcher or a chef to see on television but to others it would be upsetting. Channel 4 should really have been a bit more intelligent about this."

However, a spokesman for Oliver said: "When put on the spot, Jamie felt that to kill one lamb out of the thousands that he has already cooked was an honest and important experience. It wasn't the easiest thing for him to do as you can see from the footage.

"The method of killing the lamb was one not out of the ordinary in rural Italy and one considered humane by all present.

"Jamie feels that the piece is an honest and powerful account of how meat is respected in Italy. Italians consider animal welfare of the utmost importance. A large percentage of animals are reared organically rather than by battery methods.

"The hunters of the La Marche region have a much purer notion of the relationship between animals and meat than, say, a person who buys beef burgers on a weekly basis, without anyconsideration for how the animal in the products was raised or by the way in which they were killed."

Old tradition

Gennaro Contaldo, the Italian chef who taught Oliver for more than ten years, said: "This has been going on for thousands and thousands of years since the time of Christ. This is very common in it is traditional."

Mr Gennaro who runs the Passione Italian restaurant in London, added: "Children grow up and see this sort of thing - how can you have a lamb without killing the lamb?

"People who go into supermarkets don't believe that this happens. It's not something where you press a button and you get a lamb. I respect and support Jamie in full."

By last night, Channel 4 had received 46 complaints from viewers about the lamb killing, which compares with 350 recently received by the BBC when stars swore before the watershed during Live8. A spokesman said: "We were aware of the sensitivity of the scene and ensured that it was clearly flagged to viewers immediately before the start of the programme.

"It was a difficult scene but one which was relevant in the context and important to include in the programme."

What a nasty b*****d. He should be hung upside down and have his throat slip.

VIVA MORRISSEY!!!!
Thank you Moz for standing up for poor, defenseless animals!!! :D

I think the more healthy school dinners thing was a very good idea but it is all one big way to go him more attenchion if he needs more with his face all over those sainsburys adverts

Last edited:
from wikipedia

well, yes - once again I totally agree with Morrissey. VIVA MOZ

What an absolute f***ing bastard. I had no idea about this. What makes it even worse is his stupid comments about us being at the top of the food chain. What food chain? He should have been prosecuted to the limit of the law, if not for flouting the watershed then at least for refusing to stun the animal first. Not that it would be any more acceptable if he had stunned it, he'd still be an emotionless piece of shite. I honestly had no idea. God, he's even worse than Gordon Ramsey, at least he seemed quite shaken by what he saw. Who raises these people?

And what about that fat old c*** Clarissa Wright? She really is a vile old shit. She has a serious problem with vegetarians, naturally, but takes every opportunity to have a go at them. But then, that's typical of the ruling classes - she constantly speaks like she has a plum in her mouth, and is so f***ing thick and ignorant that she cannot see anything outside of her own shitty tunnel of vision. Cretinous bastard.

Insignificant emotionless horrors. I really do hope bad things happen to them. And I'm not particularly interested if anyone disagrees with me for saying that. I'm entitled to my opinion, and if you don't like it you can jump off a cliff for all I care.

The whole thing sounds horrendous. If Jamie Oliver hadn't had gone through with the act, we would probably still be in the same position now, but labelling him a hypocrite instead. That is in no way justification for what he did though.

What an absolute f***ing bastard. I had no idea about this. What makes it even worse is his stupid comments about us being at the top of the food chain. What food chain? He should have been prosecuted to the limit of the law, if not for flouting the watershed then at least for refusing to stun the animal first. Not that it would be any more acceptable if he had stunned it, he'd still be an emotionless piece of shite. I honestly had no idea. God, he's even worse than Gordon Ramsey, at least he seemed quite shaken by what he saw. Who raises these people?

And what about that fat old c*** Clarissa Wright? She really is a vile old shit. She has a serious problem with vegetarians, naturally, but takes every opportunity to have a go at them. But then, that's typical of the ruling classes - she constantly speaks like she has a plum in her mouth, and is so f***ing thick and ignorant that she cannot see anything outside of her own shitty tunnel of vision. Cretinous bastard.

Insignificant emotionless horrors. I really do hope bad things happen to them. And I'm not particularly interested if anyone disagrees with me for saying that. I'm entitled to my opinion, and if you don't like it you can jump off a cliff for all I care.
Very well said!!! :D
I have that awful Clarissa Wright. The big fat cow who thinks hunting is a fun hobby.
They should all be shot.

Anyone find what he said really silly? Yes, Jamie Oliver is a meat-chef and Morrissey despises the consumption of meat, but considering what Mr Oliver has campaigned for in terms of healthier school dinners, it is something to be commended. It would have made more sense if the rant had been on Mr Ramsay.

i agree:)

Thanks for the clip.

I love that Morrissey says these things. I don't like Jamie Oliver but Hugh-Fearnley Whatsit has to currently be the most despicable person on tv, he really is an evil man.

It all depends on your views. I'm not vegitarian, but I don't try to convince anyone else that i'm right. Neither should it work the other way.

Back
Top Bottom