Japanese artists that sounds like Moz/Smiths.

These Charming Ramen?

johnny-cash.jpg

:doh::doh::p

thanks I will check it out.

I have to tell you that I don't actually listen to these guys.
It's just something my son found.
My son is a fan of bands like Gazette and Dir en Grey.

Could I just say that living in a household where Morrissey and Dir en grey
are listened to in equal amounts, I don't actually find that song you posted particularly pleasing to the ear or eyes for that matter. They have plenty of different genres and I can't say that I can compare them to any bands.
I also wanted to just say that I don't see any comparison between Mr. Morrissey and Kyo from Dir en grey in any way, shape or form at all.
Um, for me (my generation and all that) I actually find this following
track to be quite beautiful:-

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xP_4fTvjJpA

Kyo from Dir en grey are totatlly different from Mr Moz in every aspect.

Actually i like the japanese music but i prefer things like flipper's guitar and number girl in front of the visual kei genre.

But i do have listened to Dir en grey and bands alike when i was 4 years younger.

At Japanese mixi site's Smiths community, people suggested the following Japanese bands are likely to be influenced by Smiths:

Spits
L'Arc en Ciel
Eirs Vier
The Simiths

I haven't heard of their music, not sure about them.
You might find them from myspace or youtube.
Someone claimed that the guitarist of L'Arc admitted one of his guitar heroes was Johnny Marr.

thank you l'aer en ciel is not likley to sound like the smiths since i do know them and have listened to them, strange that he said johnny marr, he doesn't sound a bit like him.

the other i most certainley have never heard of, so i will look them up, a whole bunch of thank you.

// J

Update to the above, someone said that "Flower" by L'Arc en Ciel reminded him of Smiths.

Eirs Vier broke up, the former singer now in RaFF-CuSS and Suzuki Bed Club.

Back
Top Bottom