Jimmy Kimmel extends olive branch to Morrissey

Jimmy Kimmel Extends Olive Branch to Morrissey - Billboard

Excerpt:

"On Wednesday's show, he again addressed the tiff in his opening monologue.

"This has nothing to do with people who eat meat versus people who don't," he said. "I’m completely respectful of people who do not eat meat, but the statement he made is ridiculous. I'd like to invite him to join the show to discuss. I'm an open, even-handed person, and I consider all points of view."

Kimmel repeated that last line several times, then quipped: "If I keep saying it, maybe it will be true. I've invited him to talk this out, and perhaps we will both be better men for it, but probably not."

An anonymous person also writes:

Russell Brand trying to get Morrissey as a guest on his TV show

Tweet by @rustyrockets at 11:40 AM - Feb 27, 2013

“@mozazteca25: @rustyrockets Should have tried getting him on your show since he cancelled on Kimmel.” We are trying to get Moz. It's hard!

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1550408/jimmy-kimmel-extends-olive-branch-to-morrissey

"On Wednesday's show, he again addressed the tiff in his opening monologue.

"This has nothing to do with people who eat meat versus people who don't," he said. "I’m completely respectful of people who do not eat meat, but the statement he made is ridiculous. I'd like to invite him to join the show to discuss. I'm an open, even-handed person, and I consider all points of view."

Kimmel repeated that last line several times, then quipped: "If I keep saying it, maybe it will be true. I've invited him to talk this out, and perhaps we will both be better men for it, but probably not."

I think it would be excellent were Moz to go and debate/discuss his deeply held beliefs. Nothing to fear.

P.

I think it would be excellent were Moz to go and debate/discuss his deeply held beliefs. Nothing to fear.

P.

BREAKING NEWS

The Duck Dynasty mob are gonna record a their version of Boy-racer, how cool is that ? Morrissey has given them more publicity by spitting her dummy out.

"Duck-racer, duck-racer, we're gonna kill this pretty thing
duck-racer, duck-racer, we're gonna kill this pretty thing

He's got to many duck-friends I'm jealous thats all !

Have you seen him swim though oh ohhhhhh
Have you seen him swim though oh ohhhhhh

Duck-racer we're gonna kill this pretty thing "

It's gonna be out on pancake and hoisinsauce record label.

Go the ducks

Anne Coates

P.

Kimmel's only goal would be to get laughs and 'win' on the night.
It's not like he has any interest in the debate subject.

Pointless, a bit like most things that are popular. So anyone with a serious point to make is immediately an outsider to be ridiculed.

P.

I agree. But I doubt he will ever do it.

Morrissey is getting more press time in the US right now than ever before. I imagine he's pretty happy about that. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

Pointless, a bit like most things that are popular. So anyone with a serious point to make is immediately an outsider to be ridiculed.

Yeah I agree, how much of the show will be dedicated to serious mature debate about said topics? It's obviously all done to create hype and to ulimately entertain. Kimmel couldn't give a gnats testicle about extending an olive branch to Moz. I must admit Morrissey's casual comments were below-par and a bit catty for a man of his intellecual calibre, but If I was Morrissey I wouldn't even bother responding to any of this bilge.

Morrissey is getting more press time in the US right now than ever before. I imagine he's pretty happy about that. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

Which will increase his sales and label deals by 0%.

'Duck Dynasty' return scores huge ratings after Morrissey protest - cnn.com

A&E's breakout pro-hunting hit "Duck Dynasty" returned Wednesday night to record ratings. The season three premiere delivered 8.6 million viewers.
That's huge. It's not only the most-watched "Duck Dynasty" episode ever, it's A&E's most-watched telecast ever and ranks as cable's biggest reality show telecast so far this year.

The return of "Duck Dynasty" benefited from an unexpected gift-from-the-PR-gods when British singer and animal rights activist Morrissey cancelled his planned Feb. 26 performance on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" at the last minute in protest of the "Duck Dynasty" stars appearing the same episode. Morrissey called the show's stars — who own a family business that makes products for hunters — "animal serial killers."

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/28/showbiz/tv/duck-dynasty-ratings-morrissey-protest-ew/

One day eating meat became a criminal offence and human flesh was all that was available. SORRY..just a synopsis I'm working on.

Exactly. Well stated.

Kimmel Sux (redux)

I don't think my earlier message was accepted, so here goes: As a consumer, I have no power over Jimmy Kimmel. My power is with the sponsors, as in when I cease to buy the products advertised. Just saying ...

Wow. Jimmy Kimmel is one cool dude.

He's a fan I think. He used to be a DJ for KROQ in the early nineties and I recall him being an avid supporter and admirer of Morrissey. He did the early show with Kevin and Bean when they first started. I imagine that the politics of running a nationwide show aside and having to walk the fence to appeal to all viewers per his boss NBC or whoever, that the olive branch is real. He doesn't want Morrissey to be mad at him.

Last edited:

He's a fan I think. He used to be a DJ for KROQ in the early nineties and I recall him being an avid supporter and admirer of Morrissey. He did the early show with Kevin and Bean when they first started. I imagine that the politics of running a nationwide show aside and having to walk the fence to appeal to all viewers per his boss NBC or whoever, that the olive branch is real. He doesn't want Morrissey to be mad at him.

It's really sad that Morrissey has become a parody of himself. Been a fan for 30 years -- but I'm done. I'm selling my entire (HUGE) collection of Moz vinyl. Including "Education in Reverse." It's just too sad to watch (and listen) to him any longer.

Thanks for posting...very interesting.

Well I had never heard of this show until now, a judging from all the Yahoo! responses to the articles over the last few days, many people had never heard of Morrissey until now. Unfortunately M didn't come out smelling like a rose.....hopefully some people will be curious and he'll gain some extra exposure, although it will be nowhere near what DD gained:sick:

Last edited:
'Duck Dynasty' return scores huge ratings after Morrissey protest - cnn.com

A&E's breakout pro-hunting hit "Duck Dynasty" returned Wednesday night to record ratings. The season three premiere delivered 8.6 million viewers.
That's huge. It's not only the most-watched "Duck Dynasty" episode ever, it's A&E's most-watched telecast ever and ranks as cable's biggest reality show telecast so far this year.

The return of "Duck Dynasty" benefited from an unexpected gift-from-the-PR-gods when British singer and animal rights activist Morrissey cancelled his planned Feb. 26 performance on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" at the last minute in protest of the "Duck Dynasty" stars appearing the same episode. Morrissey called the show's stars — who own a family business that makes products for hunters — "animal serial killers."

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/28/showbiz/tv/duck-dynasty-ratings-morrissey-protest-ew/

I meant to respond to this post:p I wonder if Moz has regrets for "helping" them...just hope publicity helps him too;)

Re: Kimmel Sux (redux)

I don't think my earlier message was accepted, so here goes: As a consumer, I have no power over Jimmy Kimmel. My power is with the sponsors, as in when I cease to buy the products advertised. Just saying ...

Hmmm. I predict financial ruin for Jimmy Kimmel's sponsors...:p

Come on Moz , go back on Kimmel , talk and then instead of Singing "People are the same everywhere" as Kimmel thought you would........ break out into "Meat is Murder".
You are so correct Girlmostlikely. Moz gave a BIG BUMP to the duck boys which until now was fighting for its life with "Swamp People" on A& E.

Yeah, show up and sing Meat is Murder. Jimmy Kimmel is a boring dork in an old man's body and suit. I wish Morrissey would of let Conan interview him, at least Conan and Morrissey are Irish, would of worked good.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom