Joey Barton: 'Morrissey is a modern-day Shakespeare' (GQ, 2012)

Joey Barton GQ interview mentioning Morrissey:

Joey Barton: 'Morrissey is a modern-day Shakespeare' - GQ
Morrissey has just launched his highly anticipated comeback single "Spent The Day In Bed", with Joey Barton making a special cameo. Here, we remember when GQ Style interviewed Barton on Morrissey back in 2012

41007_joey_barton.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Never tire of this shirt design. .
A certain someone in Oxford made the best ones though. :)
FB_IMG_1508438602640.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

its good that they have kept in touch all this time,mozz can probably spot a bullshitter a mile off hence why he dumps people.which is maybe why he gets such a bad rep.

its good that they have kept in touch all this time,mozz can probably spot a bullshitter a mile off hence why he dumps people.which is maybe why he gets such a bad rep.

He might be the type that need to surround himself with yes sayers who agree with him on everything or else they are not worthy of his friendship in his own eyes.

Idiotic comment.

Where's Morrissey's plays?
LOL I wouldn't mind seeing a play written by Moz actually now you mention it. Not too sure about him acting in it though...

'Morrissey is a modern-day Shakespeare'

Joey said that ?

guess he's smarter than we thought.

:tiphat:

You are indeed the rags......
And currently in our shadow.....
Jukebox ''Come On City'' Jury :thumb:

LOL

Like we say in Sweden, a fly doesn't make a summer. You are forever in our shadow and need to win loads and loads to even come near us and you know it.

It is about time City won a european trophy and if you do we can perhaps have this debate again.

City and Guardiola are building a side that entertain and can score whereas United and Mourinho are building a side that is solid all way through including the defence. When City buy proper defenders and stop playing that joke defender Otamendi they might go places.

The longer a season goes the more important it is to be able to defend and I wonder if City will ever continue the good start they have had for many years now?

I think City have a bit more work to do when it comes to keeping players happy and creating a good feeling within the group. City have under performed when you consider the money and there are so many ex-players that were hailed as the next best thing and then suddenly were off loaded.

Kolarov and Dzeko showed at Chelsea last night what they can do. Time you cleared your closet from all that Ben Sherman.

Keep the banter coming!

urbanus I think the last thing joey barton is is a yes man,why do you think he is so hated.

urbanus I think the last thing joey barton is is a yes man,why do you think he is so hated.

Fair point but maybe that is on the football pitch and around other footballers?

From the interview it is clear that he sees Moz as some kind of mentor from a world he admires away from the football world with its limited vocabulary and overall thugish outlook on life.

English footballers are basically american fratboys at heart!

Fair point but maybe that is on the football pitch and around other footballers?

From the interview it is clear that he sees Moz as some kind of mentor from a world he admires away from the football world with its limited vocabulary and overall thugish outlook on life.

English footballers are basically american fratboys at heart!

Joey Barton is dumb. We all know that. Even comparing Moz to William S shows that. Barton is one hell of a yes man , which is why he got a job on the BBC and The Guardian .
The guy is a fake hard man as well. Beating up 18 years olds . He is a low life (in high school)

Joey Barton is dumb. We all know that. Even comparing Moz to William S shows that. Barton is one hell of a yes man , which is why he got a job on the BBC and The Guardian .
The guy is a fake hard man as well. Beating up 18 years olds . He is a low life (in high school)

Actually, we don't all know/think he is dumb. You should read his book, he talks about all the bad stuff he has done and how he overcame many challenges to carve out a decent career.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/No-Nonsense-Autobiography-Joey-Barton/dp/1471147584

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
i don't know exactly what joey barton had in mind when comparing shakespeare and morrissey, but with regard to both their influence on the english language, i would agree with him

edit: i found this an insightful comment:
"I generally find it's the people who are not quite legends who are the most arsey"

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom