Johnny Marr’s favorite Smiths song -and his thoughts on Morrissey’s contribution - Kyle Mullin / YouTube

I don't know what song they are talking about....

Last Time I Dreamt...?
Yeah, that one. Absolutely magnificent piece of music with incredible lyrics and singing by Morrissey. Pure perfection.

Edit: I guess you were just being sarcastic about the title. It is Night not Time but it doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Great answer on a bit of a flubbed-up question. I can see why Jonny would say it's his favorite Smiths song. It's definitely unlike anything else in their catalog and very true that they were the ultimate DIY band. It was a bit of a grower for me... but I've come to appreciate it. Looking forward to discussing it in The Smiths A-Z.

Good for Johnny, a thoughtful and heartfelt response. I wish Morrissey would do an interview like this.

When Johnny does that tongue in his mouth thing
at the end of the interview, it looks just like how Moz
always does that tongue in his mouth thing.

Description:

Rather than picking a tune where his legendary guitar chops are at the forefront, or taking a dig at the ex-bandmate with whom he fell out, Johnny Marr gives a more nuanced take.

more self aggrandizement from the Super Walter ego>:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:

:mad:

when he should be saying: THANK YOU MOZ(y)

:hammer:

Yeah, that one. Absolutely magnificent piece of music with incredible lyrics and singing by Morrissey. Pure perfection.

Edit: I guess you were just being sarcastic about the title. It is Night not Time but it doesn't matter.
A beautiful piece of music perfect I loved it as soon as I heard it, I thought it had been written for me there is a melancholy there that was in me at a young age really hit me beautiful and it's very grand dramatic can't praise the song enough very poignant

I will never forget my first listen of this song. Absolutely sublime, brought the LP home and then turned over to this. Spent the first seconds thinking “what’s going on?” And then it hits you. Hard. I jumped out of my skin.

What a song.

effin wonderfull some girls are bigger than other girls mothers..🙏💌

That were lovely.

Johnny is a pure class act. Saw him perform in 2019 and he was beyond amazing. He did the best of the Smiths songs (Headmaster, Last Night I…, Bigmouth and my personal all time fave How Soon Is Now?). I hope to catch him again. Cheers Johnny! Jules

Rather than picking a tune where his legendary guitar chops are at the forefront, he chose his favourite.

Rather than taking a dig at an ex-bandmate, he chose his favourite.

Johnny Marr gives a more nuanced take - or simply...he chose his favourite.

WTF.

more self aggrandizement from the Super Walter ego>:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:

:mad:

when he should be saying: THANK YOU MOZ(y)

:hammer:
If you'd actually listened to that clip, rather than posting a knee-jerk jerkism, like you always do, you will have heard him praise Morrissey's contribution.

Perhaps your new year's resolution should be 'Stop being such a f***ing idiot"

Last edited:
Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom