"johnny marr" 4 track recordings c 1980

You can try and google a search for a software program for pc users. For mac, there's a shareware program called iSquint for downloading youtube videos.

You can grab them from your cache directory(C:\Documents and settings\yourusername\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files) and rename them (Change the extension back to .flv) then you download a free flv player....

:D

These are not J.Marr tracks.
A message is to be posted on Marr's myspace confirming this.

"These tracks on youtube are definitely NOT ME. I can assure you that my bass playing is not quite that bad"

Last edited:
They dont sound genuine to me at all.​

These are not J.Marr tracks.
A message is to be posted on Marr's myspace confirming this.

"These tracks on youtube are definitely NOT ME. I can assure you that my bass playing is not quite that bad"

the day after the 'hiss" was discussed on this board,
supposedly unfiltered versions were mysteriously posted ...

Last edited:
why in gods name would the recordings be so high quality?
its IMPOSSIBLE for them to be home recordings circa 1980
because the equipment available then DIDNT SOUND LIKE THAT

THERE IS NO WAY ON GODS EARTH THAT THIS IS JOHNNY MARR

I've not heard the recordings and I'm not saying for a moment that they are genuine but can I ask if you were even alive in 1980?

It was quite possible, with a little care, to record high quality home demos with the sort of equipment that would have been available in 1980. In fact, in my humble opinion, there are basement demo recordings from that era that sound a million times better than modern day sessions coming out of state of the art studios.

I'd be careful about dismissing something purely on the basis of sound quality. Not every amateur recording from the period sounded like a Sham 69 bootleg.

Marr4Trax writes in his YouTube page:
Well what a week, I hope not to many of you will hold this against me. To my shame, indeed, the said 4 Tracks were fake.

The rumour and speculation over the last week has seen huge debate. The issue has been thrust into the public domain.

No offence was meant, it was simply a way of filling a huge void and highlighting the issue. People are crying out for Johnny's older material, obviously, in any form.

Lets hope Mr Marr will see fit to publish his lesser known work or early recordings soon.

On a side note, these "Demos" were the musical ramblings of a young lad back in 1991, he was in a band called "Dead Happy". His hero? a certain Mr Johnny Marr. That lad was me.

Imagine if you will, that boy all these years later. His hero taking the time to listen to his old bits of crap and posting a very funny retort on his website!! Its made my year!!

Thanks Johnny, my 15 minutes of fame come to an end, keep tuned though, I may post Dead Happy stuff soon!!!

Marr4Trax writes in his YouTube page:
Well what a week, I hope not to many of you will hold this against me. To my shame, indeed, the said 4 Tracks were fake.

The rumour and speculation over the last week has seen huge debate. The issue has been thrust into the public domain.

No offence was meant, it was simply a way of filling a huge void and highlighting the issue. People are crying out for Johnny's older material, obviously, in any form.

Lets hope Mr Marr will see fit to publish his lesser known work or early recordings soon.

On a side note, these "Demos" were the musical ramblings of a young lad back in 1991, he was in a band called "Dead Happy". His hero? a certain Mr Johnny Marr. That lad was me.

Imagine if you will, that boy all these years later. His hero taking the time to listen to his old bits of crap and posting a very funny retort on his website!! Its made my year!!

Thanks Johnny, my 15 minutes of fame come to an end, keep tuned though, I may post Dead Happy stuff soon!!!

What an idiot.

Back
Top Bottom